Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please explain the differences between Labour and Sin Féin to me?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What constituency are you in CF, who specifically are your LAB and SF candidates?:)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Dublin North Central. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

What constituency are you in CF, who specifically are your LAB and SF candidates?:)

Despite the massive mistake in the thread title, I'm actually Dublin Central, I didn't see it the first time when I made my post and thought "Dublin North Central" was correct. :o

For Labour they are: Aine Clancy, Joe Costello (whom I will not vote for, I will not say why but I just refuse to vote for that man).

For SF it's just Mary Lou Macdonald.

I don't like the idea of just voting for those two though, I feel I should have a bit more than just two votes.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Dublin North Central. ;)

Heh, I made a massive mistake with the title. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Despite the massive mistake in the thread title, I'm actually Dublin Central, I didn't see it the first time when I made my post and thought "Dublin North Central" was correct. :o

For Labour they are: Aine Clancy, Joe Costello (whom I will not vote for, I will not say why but I just refuse to vote for that man).

For SF it's just Mary Lou Macdonald.

I don't like the idea of just voting for those two though, I feel I should have a bit more than just two votes.

Sure you can like a party but dislike a candidate. I dislike my local SF one, but I do support the party! So don't go Costello if you don't want to.

Why not stick the other 2 down and a ind or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Sure you can like a party but dislike a candidate. I dislike my local SF one, but I do support the party! So don't go Costello if you don't want to.

Why not stick the other 2 down and a ind or two?

That's not a bad idea actually. Thanks! :)

That's not a bad idea actually. Thanks! :)

Delighted to help and happy voting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

danger man wrote: »
    you have it all wrong they sell stuff like that right around the world.
    if it said kill brits fook the queen you would understand and there would be a problem. bobby sands is a hero to people all over the world. why is it bad to remember him.
    youre just licking the bottom of the barrel

Nothing about Bobby Sands in those photos. They are glorifying the provisional IRA.

Were the provisional IRA heroes to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

LordSutch wrote: »
    Really :rolleyes:
    These items are judt some of the 'Best Sellers' on the SINN FEIN website.

nwiratshirt.JPG
    COVERweb2.jpg
    Tarlafada.jpg

And you want them :rolleyes: to Govern us?

nice pictures :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nothing about Bobby Sands in those photos. They are glorifying the provisional IRA.

Thats an unfair question to ask, he can only answer one way, least he be interpreted as justifying violence, and in such case he would be slapped with a ban.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Thats an unfair question to ask, he can only answer one way, least he be interpreted as justifying violence, and in such case he would be slapped with a ban.

I think it is a personally fair question to ask. The only way he should answer is with the truth.

If he is likely to be banned because he agrees with Sinn Fein making heroes of those murderers then surely that tells you something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Nobody believes him though.

There is a theory that he was not an official member of the IRA.

It goes like this, to be a member of the provisional IRA you have to be initiated into the IRA. Gerry Adams as one of the founders of the provisional IRA was never initiated into the IRA and never had to take the oath pledging his allegiance to the IRA...a bit when he became an MP, he doesn't take oaths...:pac:

• Advertisement

Min wrote: »
    There is a theory that he was not an official member of the IRA.

It goes like this, to be a member of the provisional IRA you have to be initiated into the IRA. Gerry Adams as one of the founders of the provisional IRA was never initiated into the IRA and never had to take the oath pledging his allegiance to the IRA...a bit when he became an MP, he doesn't take oaths...:pac:
    Gerry wasnt a founder of the provos.

I think it is a personally fair question to ask. The only way he should answer is with the truth.

If he is likely to be banned because he agrees with Sinn Fein making heroes of those murderers then surely that tells you something?
    Oh I think its a fair question too, maybe he wont get banned for commenting on the provisionals as a whole, but arguing justification for single events is a no no.

Oh it tells me something all right, censorship sucks.

The war is over, the term murder is not used during war time...

Funfair wrote: »
    The war is over, the term murder is not used during war time...

What war? The provisional IRA were never involved in a war. They (along with the loyalists) murdered innocents.

Murder is exactly the word to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

trust me thats bobby sands funeral and he is a hero,do you remember the black flags and the protests in the south for the brits to give them p.o.w status?and roits to?they died for that they would do the same for ireland.

trust me thats bobby sands funeral and he is a hero,do you remember the black flags and the protests in the south for the brits to give them p.o.w status?and roits to?they died for that they would do the same for ireland.

Bobby Sands was a criminal who chose to take his own life. He isn't any hero.

That is a matter of opinion! I suppose those who shot Aidan McCanespie were just "doing their job" :rolleyes:

That is a matter of opinion! I suppose those who shot Aidan McCanespie were just "doing their job" :rolleyes:

Why do you think I am going to take sides? From what I have read regarding the recent investigation it is most likely that the soldier involved was a murderer as well.

There were murderers on both sides.

Good joke. Dont take the bait people.

What war? The provisional IRA were never involved in a war. They (along with the loyalists) murdered innocents.

Murder is exactly the word to use.

well there you go..not a war? the ira declared war against Britain and won useing urban guerrilla warfare.the british government use the words british troops serving in ireland? your only serving if you at war.like their serving in afganistan and geting beat again thats twice now in that part of the world youre government has sent youre people to be killed. very sad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Dubol

:D
    I've never had an interest in politics untill now. Obviously, I did some research and Votomatic suggest I'm pretty much dead even with Labour and Sinn Féin (the others are far too low for me to even consider voting for them). Unfortunetly, I like them both. I agree with a lot of their policies. But I really don't know what the difference is between them.

Can anyone give a quick run down?

You put the left X in, the right X out, in out, in out, shake it all about,
    You do the hookey kookey and you turn around, thats what its all about.

well there you go..not a war? the ira declared war against Britain and won useing urban guerrilla warfare.the british government use the words british troops serving in ireland? your only serving if you at war.like their serving in afganistan and geting beat again thats twice now in that part of the world youre government has sent youre people to be killed. very sad

Only a sovereign nation can declare a war. The provisional IRA were never a sovereign nation. They claimed to be the army for the Republic of Ireland. I don't recall Ireland's policy of neutrality ever changing. Care you enlighten me?

You have made reference to my government. I've got an Irish passport.

Love & Hugs

The Brig

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Good joke. Dont take the bait people.

He has God to answer to for his crimes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ahahahahaha....dear o dear....

Nodin wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha....dear o dear....

Well he was a Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Dubol

Who, The "Rev" Paisley?

Dubol wrote: »
    Who, The "Rev" Paisley?

Sorry, I don't get the punchline.

Only a sovereign nation can declare a war. The provisional IRA were never a sovereign nation. They claimed to be the army for the Republic of Ireland. I don't recall Ireland's policy of neutrality ever changing. Care you enlighten me?

Love & Hugs

The Brig

Unconventional warfare

Unconventional warfare is a form of warfare which is based on the idea that it is possible to destabilize an enemy so much that it concedes even if it has the ability to continue making war. Rather than relying on the brute force tactics of conventional warfare, unconventional warfare is based on using creative, innovative, and usually stealthy tactics so that the enemy never knows what to expect. This style of warfare is also called “nonconventional” or “asymmetrical” warfare.

Just because the IRA didn't formally contact her Majesties Government doesn’t mean the Brits didn't know they were in a war.

Sending over 300 SAS into Northern Ireland just to keep the peace I don't think so..

Love & Hugs

The Brig

you would say that,we give out passports here for free ask the israelis,

butter it up with any words you want.it was a war.
    and a war youre people wanted to get out of. so sinn fein asked the ira for a ceasefire then ira declared a ceasefire which was accepted by the brits with open arms. there has been peace ever since.it was hard work for both sides.at lest give credit for that

• Advertisement

Funfair wrote: »
    Unconventional warfare

Unconventional warfare is a form of warfare which is based on the idea that it is possible to destabilize an enemy so much that it concedes even if it has the ability to continue making war. Rather than relying on the brute force tactics of conventional warfare, unconventional warfare is based on using creative, innovative, and usually stealthy tactics so that the enemy never knows what to expect. This style of warfare is also called “nonconventional” or “asymmetrical” warfare.

Just because the IRA didn't formally contact her Majesties Government doesn’t mean the Brits didn't know they were in a war.

Sending over 300 SAS into Northern Ireland just to keep the peace I don't think so..

The IRA were not in a war because they had no mandate from the people of Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement