Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

got rid of bedroom TV about 7-8 years ago
    and got rid of sitting room TV about 4-5 years ago
    Best decision ive ever made
    and i never want a TV again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My bedroom is the size of a small cardboard box so it wouldn't be practical to have a TV in there. Sometimes it'd be nice, but generally I don't feel the need to have one anywhere but the living room.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have one because my mum bought me one for Christmas. I rarely watch it though. The sound doesn't work properly, and I'm too lazy to bring it back :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I have a telly in the bedroom but it has never been turned on or connected to anything. It has been there for the past 18 months :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I don't, I would find it distracting. Bedrooms just don't seem like a place for watching tv.
    It's impossible to unwind and relax, I prefer to have a place to switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yep, we have a small one in the bedroom and love it. It's not hooked up though so we don't go in and watch random ****. It's where our hard drive player is so we'll often go snuggle up if we have a specific tv programme or film that we've downloaded and want to watch. To be honest. I watch it more than the tv in the sitting room. There's so much crap on that I prefer to watch DVDs or downloads anyway. I don't feel like it interuppts sexy time at all. I can see how some people wouldn't like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Boyfriend and I are hippies so we don't have a TV full stop! Honestly I love not having a TV and don't think I will ever be getting one. Even if I did, I would never have one in my bedroom. I could imagine us getting into the habit of staying in bed too long or staying up too late and not having enough sexy time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

I've never had a tv in my bedroom.I would like one though but its not going to happen, i cannot afford to buy another tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

If we wants to watch a wee movie in bed, we usually pop the fire on downstairs and bring the blankets down but i won't allow a tv in our bedroom cos i don't want the ole love life to go down the drain!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

We have a v.small tv in the bedroom or feels tiny anyway compared to the 42" in the sitting room. I very rarely watch it, only if he is watching a match & i want to watch something else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

No tv in bedroom, just the living room, it's only really used for watching movies for the comfort of a big screen, not a tv fan, otherwise my laptop is my tv substitute which I regularly use in the bedroom to watch stuff with my bf, can't see how it would have a bad impact on your love life, you're nekkid together watchin stuff, what are y'all doing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

No way!Bedroom is soley for sleeping and (very occasionaly:o)sexing.
    I have a little bean bag in the corner of my room where I read, and that is the height of the entertainment centre in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

No tv in our bedroom, it's so nice to have a room with just a bed and wardrobe and nothing else. We've got a tv in the living room which is mainly used by him for his PS3 or watching DVDs.

I was never big into telly anyway and we've only got an aerial so we have about 5 channels! Actually don't miss having tv stations at all and it saves loads of money. Plus I read so much more instead of flicking around aimlessly. Turning into a hippy in my aul age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Yeah, very rarely watch it though. I share a room with my sister and it's hers more than mine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Have one and my favourite thing on really bad nights is to go to bed and watch telly in comfort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peculiar_Man

Of course im watching it as i type this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peculiar_Man

But Now adays who doesn't ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

But Now adays who doesn't ?

If you read this thread, you would've seen that loads of people don't, me included!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i dont, and intend never to.

thats not what bedrooms are for, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No, I've never had a tv in my room. Not much of a tv person. Only really use the tv to watch films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No TV in my bedroom. Never had one. Wasn't allowed when I were younger, but spend most of my time in the sitting room anyway at the mo so can put on tv there, better tv like. If I had a partner or my own house I probably would have a tv in my bedroom, but think its a distraction! I rather use my laptop for watching 'tv' instead. Bedroom meant for sleeping not technology! :cool: Everyone is different.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Have one but rarely watch it - watch more on my laptop than on the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

When I got one for Christmas when I was 14 I used to watch it for movies with my sister. But then my brother stole it from me for his games console. When I stole it back I'd pretty much lost interest.

Now I have the laptop so I can have internet/reading/movies/tv in the bedroom and it definatly removes the impulse to sleep. Not living with my significant other at the moment, but he doesn't have a telly in his room, but we use the laptop to watch movies in the bedroom - mostly cos the couch is way too uncomfortable to cuddle on. I think when we get our own place and more comfortable furniture we'll go back to watching stuff on the telly sitting on the couch.

I have to agree that it's nicer not to have a telly in the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

I really couldn't imagine having a tv in my room, I barely watch tv at all anymore. Though I do have a laptop in my room so I watch programs on that. Totally doesn't count though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I have a tv in my bedroom, and have the habit of watching the news when I get into bed, or sometimes a movie.

It doesn't interfere with any other activity, since I'm single and the only action my room sees is when I switch on CSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Nope, no TV in our bedroom. Bedroom is for sleeping and other things, not vegging out watching whatever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

No, both myself and the Mrs agreed, no TV in the bedroom.

When I was younger, I did. But then I also had a computer, games console, sofa, stereo and a mini fridge, so it was more of a flat than a bedroom. (Always had a lot of people over.) But then I was getting very little sleep due to always being on the internet or gaming. Even now, I have to make a concerted effort not to always be messing on the internet on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Ya, I have a tv in my bedroom! I live at home with my parents so I don't really get to watch tv downstairs in the living room, well to watch the programmes I like. It's handy anyway and It's nice when I just want to be alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I do like the idea of the 'bedroom for sleeping and sex only' thing but I'm not sure if it'd work out for us - we don't live together and I have never even owned a telly but I bring my laptop to bed most nights when I'm on my own and watch a few episodes of House or 30 Rock or something to put myself to sleep - I'm a light sleeper and my housemate opening a door would keep me awake if I didn't have some sort of noise or other of my own going on. Himself is practically married to his giant flatscreen telly and despite having lived in a house with no TV for the first 18 years of my life I have to say I love it - we are both big film fans and would watch 2 or 3 films a day together on the weekends at his place. I don't think we've ever 'watched telly' as in receiving an actual broadcasted channel on it, but we watch a lot of box sets and so on. He uses it for gaming as well when I'm not there and I got him to get a HDMI lead, wireless mouse and wireless keyboard so that he could use his telly as an external monitor for his laptop. GIANT TVS + US 4 EVA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Yes there is a tv in my bedroom, it is 21 inch telly. I have no problem with watching a good movie all snug n cosy in the bed, complete with a nice bar of choccie. :P

Advertisement