Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

No kidding what’s wrong with us!!! My hubby often waits or stops what he’s doing if I say it to mr c as apparently he can’t tell if it’s him or Mr c I’m talking to...

Basically I bark commands at humans and dogs in the same tone and manner and speak to the piggies all nice and cuddly...oh and screech like a banshee when the birds come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Milo's in the vet :( He developed a temperature of 40.5 and was shivering badly so we rushed him to the vet at 4am. He's on a drip and just waiting to hear how he is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

oh no!! :( Fingers crossed for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor milo :( hope it’s nothing too serious.

Oh Jellybear, I hope he's OK. (And you as well). That's terrifying. I'll be thinking of Milo xx

• Advertisement

Got a call there and temperature is coming down and he seems comfortable. They're going to give him some food to see how his 'business' is and we've to ring at 6.30 so hopefully he'll be coming home then. Miss my little man :(

Sorry to hear about Milo really hope he’ s feeling better soon. Take care of you too JellyBear.

He hasn't gone to the toilet so they're keeping him in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh no, poor Milo. You’ll be fretting for the night, jellybear :(

I know :( Currently watching bake off through tears. I'm also back in work tomorrow and I hate not being able to collect him or be here when he gets home.

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    I know :( Currently watching bake off through tears. I'm also back in work tomorrow and I hate not being able to collect him or be here when he gets home.

Poor Milo! Aww Jelly! I really feel for you. I was in bits when my two had to spend the night. Like super dramatic , looking at their toys and beds and bawling like an eejit. I bet he's not half as distressed as you are. I'll be refreshing on a loop tomorrow looking for your update. x

Awh I swear BB we were separated at birth- we're so alike!! Well the hubby is ringing at 9.30 so will update as soon as i can :)

Kept lurking back to see the updates, I was fretting so much for Milo that you’d think he was my dog :)

He sends kisses to all :) I just hope he's not missing us too much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

If it’s any consolation, my vet told me that we should see what he sees on the camera at 3.00 a.m. all the doggies sleeping their heads off (this was after I wanted to leave in a favourite toy and blanket, I think he actually snorted at me for being such a sap) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Brought the cats on holiday with me for the first time. We're in a little cabin which could have been designed for cats. I wasn't sure how they'd react (cats being territorial and all) but one took to it right away, the other has been a little more nervous but is starting to come around and is now looking down at me from a perch instead of hiding under or behind the furniture! It's a great chillout zone for all of us 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Brought the cats on holiday with me for the first time. We're in a little cabin which could have been designed for cats. I wasn't sure how they'd react (cats being territorial and all) but one took to it right away, the other has been a little more nervous but is starting to come around and is now looking down at me from a perch instead of hiding under or behind the furniture! It's a great chillout zone for all of us 😎

Awwww!

Milo's coming home :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

jellybear wrote: »
    Milo's coming home :D

Phew!. I was kinda holding my breath and not realising it.. The relief for you!

Just in the door from work now and he's so sleepy!! Going to bring him to see his big dog friends now as a treat :D

• Advertisement

So Mr C is going for hydro = getting din dins in the bathtub for practice...this is a dog who HATES puddles.

We quit hydro. Physio and laser were going a better job and bonus it's cheaper lol

tk123 wrote: »
    We quit hydro. Physio and laser were going a better job and bonus it's cheaper lol

It’s being recommended but he really hates being in the water and it gets stinky too as he stress bum burps.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Incredibly friendly light brown dog with blue collar at Newbridge train station RIGHT NOW. It was running up the train line and some hero hopped down and grabbed it.

Very friendly, obviously lost

:( Bailey cracked his dew claw this morning. Just back from the vets and then he's back in a few hours (so he's not stressing all morning) to have it cut and cauterised!

:( Bailey cracked his dew claw this morning. Just back from the vets and then he's back in a few hours (so he's not stressing all morning) to have it cut and cauterised!

Ouch, poor thing. Hopes he’s better soon...

Waiting to collect him now! The divil fighting the sedation earlier - the vets are brilliant and let me stay with him when he’s sedated so he’s not too stressed going in. He was delighted when we arrived thinking he was there for his weekly laser therapy! :o

Khali cracked hers yesterday! :O Then before I could get her to the vets , she pulled it off herself!!! She actually pulled it off lovely and clean and the vet was happy with it. The quick is a little exposed but she's broken it much worse in the past. If she could I'm sure she'd send her sympathies to Bailey!

Well they were able to cut and cauterise rather than having to remove the entire nail - he had broken it at the very top of the nail. He was very very spaced out yesterday evening. Like to the point he wasn't able to stay awake long enough to take a treat.. He did wake up for supper and again very uncoordinated so had trouble eating. He gave out to me this morning when I was wrapping it in layers of clingfilm and baby socks so must be very sore - of course the rain came once we had a bandage to mind! :rolleyes: Back tomorrow for a wound check!
    Somebody was going mad in reception when we had been there earlier over spot-ons not being left out for her - and me on the floor with Bailey in the examination room trying to get him to settle and go asleep! I brought a tub of heroes back when I collected him because we really appreciate them all even if that mad wan doesn't :o. My god I wish spot-ons being left out was the all I had to worry about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

Somebody was going mad in reception when we had been there earlier over spot-ons not being left out for her - and me on the floor with Bailey in the examination room trying to get him to settle and go asleep!

My eldest collie will not relax enough in the vet for sedation to work so my vet gives her the injection she is put back in my van and we drive away. She will then sleep and we carry her back in to the surgery.
    Thankfully she's light enough for us to do that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement