Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

3dogs wrote: »
    My eldest collie will not relax enough in the vet for sedation to work so my vet gives her the injection she is put back in my van and we drive away. She will then sleep and we carry her back in to the surgery.
    Thankfully she's light enough for us to do that

He's gas - the last couple of times it was 'eh do you want to lie down there Bailey?!?' as he half sits/half stands.. gently slide his legs out and 3 2 1 he'a out :pac: This time he fought it but was fine going with them - a few little cries but not major panic. Back this afternoon so we'll see if we get another bandage - I hope not!

:pac::pac: I just remembered that I sent this to my friend while we were waiting for it to kick in lol

460560.png

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

tk123 wrote: »
    He's gas - the last couple of times it was 'eh do you want to lie down there Bailey?!?' as he half sits/half stands.. gently slide his legs out and 3 2 1 he'a out :pac: This time he fought it but was fine going with them - a few little cries but not major panic. Back this afternoon so we'll see if we get another bandage - I hope not!

:pac::pac: I just remembered that I sent this to my friend while we were waiting for it to kick in lol

my girl is stubborn! when she was being spayed we waited an hour for it to kick in and eventually myself and the nurse had to hold her down so the vet could give the anaesthetic. We learned from that and since then when she has needed sedation it's a quick jab and leave. She is terrified of the vet ( all vets ) so it's the only thing that works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just had Milo back up in the vets. Sending a sample of his business off for analysis. On antibiotics for the week as he has a high temperature again. My poor little man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Ah sorry to hear, since we lost our beloved shih tzu this time last year from the dreaded C :( . Anytime Mr C appears to be running a temp, I reach for the digi thermometer.

My hubby resorts to hiding it & wrestling it out of my hands from time to time...

Hope Milo is better soon.

Ahhh feck off fireworks!!! I use to love em until we had a yorkie with a JRT bark.

Poor Mr C has now lost his voice. Lucky to have a vet that’ll pop over with some sedatives and a special treat!

He brought one of his rescue Chi’s for a sleepover & a snuggle mate :) .

• Advertisement

I thought I was hearing things a few weeks ago but nope! Already going off! Bailey hasn’t heard any yet thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sybil is settling in well, we're going all night the odd night without a toilet break, still have accidents inside when it rains, she really hates rain.
    She's teething terribly at the moment, so today I spent nearly €30 on chew toys. Other than that she's amazing, happy to meet everyone and everything, recall is very good so far, she waits 8 out of 10 times when we're passing people off lead (people keep calling her over to pet her while I'm teaching her to sit and wait), and I'm even a little less exhausted from the crazy puppy. She's 4 months in a little over a week, I'll post a pic in the pic thread.

It’s mainly screamers at the moment & Mr C isn’t too fearful or I can’t really tell as he barks & screeches like a banshee while pacing.... but he will take his favourite wet food off the back of the spoon if I get him licking it while it is going. But they are going until about midnight and are unpredictable. My head hurts.

em_cat wrote: »
    It’s mainly screamers at the moment & Mr C isn’t too fearful or I can’t really tell as he barks & screeches like a banshee while pacing.... but he will take his favourite wet food off the back of the spoon if I get him licking it while it is going. But they are going until about midnight and are unpredictable. My head hurts.
    Have you tried a kong stuffed with nice food, freeze to make it last, if food distracts him a bit it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Downloaded 'through a dog's ear' on Spotify and played it over an Amazon dot that we have. We had shots/air cannons going for the last few weeks in the mornings and afternoons and we've had fireworks on two nights. Not looking forward to the next two months or so

• Advertisement

mymo wrote: »
    Have you tried a kong stuffed with nice food, freeze to make it last, if food distracts him a bit it might help.

They do for a bit, but I think it’s that they are going off no more than 50m away and he is a terrier. We aren’t using Sileo for the moment simply because I’m not sure if it’s a noise phobia. He will leave the kong to run around frantically shrieking. But he does calm down in between the bouts but doesn’t properly settle.

I think I’m just irritated that it’s already started :(

Bells21 wrote: »
    Downloaded 'through a dog's ear' on Spotify and played it over an Amazon dot that we have. We had shots/air cannons going for the last few weeks in the mornings and afternoons and we've had fireworks on two nights. Not looking forward to the next two months or so

Oh yea we’ve through a dogs ear too, on a Sonos 1. Carla, the visiting Chi isn’t to keen on it though, but she’s super chilled and is a perfect calm buddy on loan to us for a while.

It’s such a pain in the backside...

Thankfully mine don't even open an eye when they go off, must be awful though, not heard a peep here yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Thankfully mine don't even open an eye when they go off, must be awful though, not heard a peep here yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Bailey was fine until he was 4! I have something new to try this year but I'm not saying anything until it's tried in tested... mainly so I don't look like a tool :pac::pac::pac:

I'm after getting Lucy a new harness... she doesn't NEED a new harness but it was so pretty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote:
    Bailey was fine until he was 4! I have something new to try this year but I'm not saying anything until it's tried in tested... mainly so I don't look like a tool

That's just teasing now lol!

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm after getting Lucy a new harness... she doesn't NEED a new harness but it was so pretty :o

I had to get Sybil a new one as she's grown out of the other one, nó pretty ones until she stops growing!

I had to get Sybil a new one as she's grown out of the other one, nó pretty ones until she stops growing!

I had a perfect fit for Lucy and just had to change the belly strap from baby -> full grown!

So sick of people telling me about their teacup yorkies when they see Mr C. It is really hard not to be condescending, I cringe when I hear about their miniature this and that, all I can think about is the cruelty that goes into producing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I love big dogs. I really do. I also love terriers. I doubt I'll ever choose to live with anything else.

However, I'm currently abroad for a good while and someone came in just now with a shih tzu and i am maxed out with doggy love. I'm not sure anything can beat the sheer happy dogginess of the pup i just met. I'm totally besotted. I entirely get why people love them.

The ponies are back in the field opposite my house, so Sybil met them yesterday, at first she backed away, but then went over to the wall for a sniff, her little tail never stopped wagging. Now she's been out about a dozen times to say hello, as well as asking to be lifted to look out the window.
    She's such a good pup, 4 months next Friday, loves everyone and everything so far, I just wish people would ask to say hi instead of calling her over when I'm calling her back on walks, her recall is great until someone interrupts.

• Advertisement

One of Mr Cs’ hip dislocated yesterday. I relocated it & my hubby hit the ground.

More worried about Mr C; he looks soooo miserable...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

One of Mr Cs’ hip dislocated yesterday. I relocated it & my hubby hit the ground.

:eek:
    what happened?!?!?
    did it just pop back in? Have u got medical experience to know/try?!?
    wow

aonb wrote: »
    :eek:
    what happened?!?!?
    did it just pop back in? Have u got medical experience to know/try?!?
    wow

Mr C has what I call loosey goosey hips, in reality, the ball is a little too big for the sockets so is offset by a couple of mm.

I use to be a medical illustrator, so think of the diagrams and artwork in the medical texts & as part of my degrees & post grad experience we had to work with cadavers and learn to read X-rays and scans.

Oh I wouldn’t have attempted to pop it back if we hadn’t the X-rays done a couple of weeks back.

Boo the park is locked... so it'll probably be locked in the morning! :( I kept the dogs in this evening rather than risk walking the tree lined streets where I live. Trees down all over the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Hi all! I'm getting a cat tomorrow, my first ever pet, I'm so excited!

I'm well stocked up on food and treats, litter tray is sorted, got a scratch post and plenty of toys. Anything vital I'm missing?

She's around 1-3 years, getting spayed tomorrow before I collect her, vaccines are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Think about insurance as vet bills can add up :) Enjoy your new kitty...don't forget to post pictures :D

Hi all! I'm getting a cat tomorrow, my first ever pet, I'm so excited!

I'm well stocked up on food and treats, litter tray is sorted, got a scratch post and plenty of toys. Anything vital I'm missing?

She's around 1-3 years, getting spayed tomorrow before I collect her, vaccines are done.

Congratulations! Definitely add some photos to the pet pics thread, we love seeing new boardsie pets! I'd say your pretty sorted. Do you have somewhere high for her to go? Cats love to have someplace high to escape to. We have a couple of tall towers for ours.

waaa the park is still closed!! :(

😱

We had an eventful evening yesterday, Sybil started howling, screeching in and violently vomiting suddenly, called emergency vet and rushed her over and she was still trying to vomit, could barely stand and was drooling. Vet thought poison, and daughter said she'd had a big leaf in the garden so went home and looked, she'd chewed on a calla lily I have had for years in the garden, turns out they are toxic to dogs and cats.
    Dug it up and got rid, she was very happy to get home this morning.

• Advertisement

😱

We had an eventful evening yesterday, Sybil started howling, screeching in and violently vomiting suddenly, called emergency vet and rushed her over and she was still trying to vomit, could barely stand and was drooling. Vet thought poison, and daughter said she'd had a big leaf in the garden so went home and looked, she'd chewed on a calla lily I have had for years in the garden, turns out they are toxic to dogs and cats.
    Dug it up and got rid, she was very happy to get home this morning.

Glad to hear Sybil is better, maybe get her some wheat grass as I found that our lot, dog & Guinea Pigs love it.

Our late Shih tzu did that when she was a puppy, except it was a Japonica. It was pretty frightening. I keep the ASPCA’s poisonous plants app on my phone as it’s pretty comprehensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement