Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well Ruby has found a dogs squeaky toy and was jumping on it to make it squeak, this started 20mins ago.
    "Squeak.....................squeak" dog runs downstairs, brings toy upstairs, he's odd and doesn't like squeaks, usually hides the toy, then we had "SQUEAK........SQUEAK..............................SQUEAK!" Dog runs downstairs leaving her under my bed with the toy.
    I had to get on the floor and get it out from under my bed or I would have been up all night.
    Dog is snoozing on the sofa, I'm wide awake in bed.
    Thanks Ruby for learning a new trick at 3am...don't you just love kittens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I've been in England since Friday and am now on the bus To Cork from Dublin... Can't wait to see my little furbabies. My OH was home with them so I think I've missed them alot more than they've missed me :pac:

ah but the question is, did you miss your furbabies more than you missed your OH?!?!?!?!?!?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

saw yesterday, a golden cocker spaniel with a full tail (i.e. not docked) - havent seen one before - absolutely GORGEOUS!! He looked like a brightly coloured Golden Retriever in minature. Definately a case of the full tail being far nicer looking than the docked tail (sometimes Im ashamed to admit, I think a docked tail suits some breeds better :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Sorry for posting here, just testing, as having trouble posting on another thread on this forum.

Although shame on you aonb, considering the trouble her docking has given my poor girl, I could give you a right dirty look, so I could :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dudes bowel troubles are driving me crazy! 3 days ago he had diarrhoea so I fasted him and have been feeding him ID food which was working fine, he was nice and solid yesterday and this morning but tonight he is all bloated, farting like there's no tomorrow and passing solid faeces and diarrhoea in the one trip to the tray. I actually have to sleep in a separate room tonight because the smell is just awful from him constantly farting. I think we may end up having to bring him to the vet yet again to see what's going on with him. He's fasting again for the night anyway to see if it will help but then when he's fasting he tries to eat his poop. I feel awful having to fast him every couple of days because he's perfect in every other way, pees perfectly (albeit a bit more often than a normal cat, and still goes when he licks himself) and he is in fantastic form, brilliant appetite and drinking well. I always thought I was a relatively good diagnostician but he really has me stumped. I've my vet nursing notes read over so many times now between everything going on with him and I still can't figure this one out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Poor you and poor Dude! So glad to hear he's been doing so well otherwise, but I really hope you guys can get this resolved soon. I'll be holding ye in my thoughts as I scoop out my own litter trays in the coming days, fingercrossed for ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tobys cat kennel has been dispatched and should be here next week. It's a large wooden one with a flat roof. We'll insulate it and put a basket with vet bed in for him, so at least if he goes out and won't come in the catflap in the kitchen he'll have a snug shelter at the front of the house. I'm really glad I signed up to Parcel Motel, it's amazing how many UK companies won't ship to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

The little black cat from a few doors down is currently passed out on my lap. Umi is a bit annoyed as usually thats where she spends the evening. He's such a friendly little thing, wish I could keep him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

I had the two dog bowls ready this evening while OH was out walking them. My dogs bowl with a little drop of rescue remedy to calm her nerves ;) and skinny foster dogs food with his little dollop of salmon oil on top. I feed them separately but left both in the utility til they got back and I could separate dog/ bowls into their respective places.
    OH and dogs arrived in the door dishevelled from the weather and my dog CHARGED off into the kitchen when I undid her clip. Foster dogs harness (we call it his bra:pac:) was fiddly to get off so took a minute but he also CHARGED off and by the time I followed they had BARGED into the utility and my dog was half way through the wrong bowl.... while foster dog sat back in the bed waiting for me to bring him over the other bowl :) . Phew no food fight! I still separated them though!
    They've been getting on great again since their little scrap the other night. He is lovely but so easily frightened. Not a fan of sudden foot movements near him :(

I have another week and a bit til I have to bring him for his next immunisations then they'll decide if he can be neutered or not. I can't see any weight gain yet.... I guess it doesnt happen that quickly? He;s still all ribs :( any tips for weight gain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Oscars very unsettled tonight, it's nearly 3am and I'm sitting in the bathroom (where he sleeps) trying to get him to go alseep. Every time I leave he starts chewing the door. He gets like this when the weather's bad.
    Poor chap lived outside for most his life (he's around 20 now) so must've had some horrible experiences with storms in the past :(

(and because I'm in here the two cats won't go to bed and are waiting for me on the landing with Cinnamon occasionally jumping at the door handle to check up on me)

• Advertisement

Was filling the bath today and I had a towel left down beside it, I went out of the room to do a few things while it was filling and came back to see Dude squatting on my towel :( it was the last clean one, I ended up having to use a hand towel! He's lucky I love him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

That cat is really pushing his luck. After all you have done for him :D:D

The lady who owns the little black cat that visits me has said I can take him with me when I move. She has 3 other cats and a dog and shouldnt really have him in the apartment. I may very soon own another cat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jakes just after having another seizure. Poor little thing this is the third or fourth he's had in the last few months. We think he may have had a few when we weren't around because we've found a few little lumps of poo in his bed a few times. Mentioned it to the vet, but given that he's 15 and has survived a year past liver failure and is already on heart tables there's not really much else that they can do for him. Typically though he's been running around perfectly fine since it happened. Having an old dog sure is a roller coaster.

Aww, poor Jake.
    It's so hard when they get old, but he sounds like he's pretty lively still, hope you have another while with him yet.

Jesus, the numbers of cats being abandoned seems to be getting worse. My parents have been feeding a stray for about 6 months, they already have 2 cats of their own and they only started as they thought it was our chap Toby who was a stray at that point. They adopted him and have been feeding another stray for the same length of time, but a rescue are going to take him next week.

Just had a phone call from my Dad about another cat that belonged to a neighbour, it used to go into see their cats, my Dad says he's been worried about him for a while and long story short, it looks like he may have been abandoned when the neighbours moved out a couple of weeks ago:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So it turns out shrimp and insects are not Twitch's forte. Poor little thing puked up the dried mix we gave him as a treat last night. :( He's ok now, he got porridge and piles of water for his troubles!

We also made him a really basic hammock from an old tee shirt of mine and he looks so comfy in it! I think he likes the sensation of being 'suspended'! It's so funny how different he is to Isabella... she HATED anything like that, and was demon for climbing. Twitch just stares at anything bigger than him with trepidation, and falls SO MUCH. Then just tries to cover it up by instantly grooming. Like we wouldn't notice! Bless him.

Jesus, the numbers of cats being abandoned seems to be getting worse. My parents have been feeding a stray for about 6 months, they already have 2 cats of their own and they only started as they thought it was our chap Toby who was a stray at that point. They adopted him and have been feeding another stray for the same length of time, but a rescue are going to take him next week.

Just had a phone call from my Dad about another cat that belonged to a neighbour, it used to go into see their cats, my Dad says he's been worried about him for a while and long story short, it looks like he may have been abandoned when the neighbours moved out a couple of weeks ago:mad:

I never got how people could just move out and leave an animal behind. At least bloody tell someone or give it to a shelter. Just leaving it there is unbelievably cruel.

So I walked the dogs down by the river, tow path is still flooded just a bit out of town, so it was a short walk. We met two little dogs so they had a run around, Oliver did what my daughter calls a power slide and fell over in a heap, then got up and ran into Tiffi, covering her in mud too.
    So my car needs cleaning inside, I'm soaked having just showered both dogs, but they are happy drying beside the rad.
    How can two dogs that hate water, love mud so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I never got how people could just move out and leave an animal behind. At least bloody tell someone or give it to a shelter. Just leaving it there is unbelievably cruel.

I don't understand how anyone can leave an animal behind. It just doesn't make sense to me :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah I've just bought a bigger collar for Lucy - the one she's about to grow out of seemed HUGE when I got it :)

Peach has to be the single most ungraceful cat I've ever seen when she's hyper. I was throwing sticks up and down the garden for them all to chase and the two boys were all cool and sleek, jumping up to catch them mid air or getting their full speed going running down the hill ( well not quite full speed for Dude as his lead was trailing behind) but Peach would see the stick and start running around the place, then when I threw it she would jump up with 4 paws splayed and land flat on her face, arch up and go into squirrel mode and run off in a very ungraceful gallop. And if the stick landed beside her she would arch up to it and pounce 3 or 4 times before once again jumping up with paws splayed and repeating the above process. She's just not meant to be an athlete!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I feel like I'm living at the vets again. I had Toby in this morning, he'd been spraying blood again. I have Jazzy booked in to the practice in Limerick on Monday next and I've someone else's cat to be brought in for neutering and vet check this week too. Toby seems happier now though, he's snug on his armchair. I've never known a cat who spends so much time asleep on his back with his paws in the air:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thought this would be suitable here; Virginia dog prepares for show, helps kids read. Cute idea :)

I'm already dreading next Monday, the thought of getting Jazzy into a carrier to get him to the vet is horrifying. I think we all need valium before we start. It has to be done though. He just reverts to being totally feral when it comes to getting him in the carrier and we use a medium sized soft crate rather than a small carrier.

No matter how sneaky we are about it he always seems to know, even before we get the carrier out. I must take it out and leave it in the kitchen over the weekend, not that it will stop him being suspicious. He only has to see it before running to check if the cat flap is locked, once he realises that it is the panic sets in, although we've been locking the flap when Molly is loose in the house so maybe he won't be as suspicious. Big drinks will be needed next Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

yay... foster dog found his bark this morning!
    they were outside and my dog got bored after a couple of minutes of playing chase and went off to watch for passing cats :rolleyes: Foster dog was barking to get her to come back to play. very cute :) They're making awful muck of my garden though!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

The dogs had the most fabulous day yesterday. When I was leaving for work, I accidentally left the gate to their run unbolted. I'd put the padlock on and everything, I just hadn't actually closed the bolt first. :rolleyes:

By the time I got home they'd knocked over at least 3 big patio pots and there's earth everywhere. They were absolutely knackered; they both crept onto the sofa after dinner and didn't even come looking for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Our dog looked like a reverse Dalmatian out in the snow this morning, black with white spots :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement