Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye (No Haters, Please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Malice wrote: »
    If you want to start laying down the law over what topics can be debated in particular threads then you might as well save yourself hassle and start your own forum.

Okay, how do I do this? :)
    I haven't criticised the thread title, I'm just pointing out that your expectation of Beady Eye worship won't work and even if it did how boring would the thread be if it had a load of replies all saying "Yeah they're great/Liam Gallagher is great" etc..

Maybe I'm sick of trying to defend Oasis and I want to post in a dull, boring pro - Beady Eye thread. As darren h pointed out, the last forum on this subject ended up a disaster where people kept posting about how sh*t Oasis are, we weren't even talking about Oasis to begin with.
    Thats like me going into a thread called "Help, handbrake is broken" and posting something like "Car batteries will die in extremely cold conditions, it happened to me all winter".
    If you have a problem with a post then report it so it will be reviewed by a moderator. We generally don't read every single post that gets written. We have lives too you know :).

Thanks, in future I will do this.

Anyway back to the discussion. :D

Beady%2BEye.jpg

Read what i posted again, i'm not slating the band. I've been reading about this band since it waqs first mooted they where coming out. I'm on the oasis/ Beady eye mailing list. I'm not trying to argue with anyone- i want this band to be good (i'd rather oasis reformed) i was just dissapointed in the album. raging i dont have tickets for the gig as i'm broke. i would love to see liam in a small venue. i think the song will sound better live.
    How old is everone in this thread 12??? i used to be real protective over oasis- anyone said they where ****- i'd hate them. But as i got older i realised they had there down sides. if we are all adults we can discuss the band. i cant say the album is the best thing i've heard for years. but i want to discuss this band. i dont want to open a thread beady eye (hater only) as i'm a massive fan of oasis, which is beady eye minus noel. Who here has every oasis release since they formed? i have all the dvd's- every album and single and a tonne of books, keys rings, badges, and i can nealry play every oasis song on guitar, except a few of the harder ones. i'm probably a bigger fan than most in here. i just want to talk about some of the songs being a little cringey. i could of put a fiver on it liam would of done a song called beatles and stones. Noel would of seen the cringey side of that and knocked ot on the head. Sure the only reason liitle james is on SOTSOG is Noel felt it would of knocked Liam back if he had told him the truth about the song.

Look man, you're clearly a huge Oasis fan, or at least you were in the past. You know the tunes, you know the band, you know the history. You have the albums, you have the b sides, you have the memorbilia.

No-one is questioning your knowledge, you know what your talking about. Unlike the other c*nts who have heard She's Electric and read in some tabloid that the Gallaghers are drug addicts with the usual picture of Liam giving the finger. You have a right to voice up your opinions. Haters = Haters. Someone who knows what they're on about is cool, that's you.

Yeah obviously man, I would have put that bet on aswell. LG fcuking loves The Beatles and The Stones. At least he has the balls to admit that he does. If you ask me, LG is doing his best to keep real rock'n'roll (60's, 70's) going strong. If this musical period is his big inspiration then let him contribute.

Yeah, some lyrics are cringey, but come on it is Liam! :D You have to admit that overall the lyrics are decent and alot better than most would have expected.

Kill For a Dream:
    "Life's too short not to forgive
    You can carry regrets but they won't let you live
    I'm here if you wanna call......
    ......It's a beautiful world when you know who you are"

Deep lyrics there, sort of remind me of Strawberry Field Forever.

Another point, everyone always destroys Little James, I always wonder why, personally I think its a classic!

Understandable if you can't afford the gig, recession etc, but you never know, if you go along on the night you might get a ticket at face value or less. Even if you hate Beady Eye, the chance to see Liam in a small venue, like you mentioned, is simply unmissable. Its creaming your pants time! :D

Give the album a chance man, listen to it a few times and try and block out your initial reactions and doubts, as an Oasis fan it will grow on you I garauntee it.
    i'm probably a bigger fan than most in here.
    I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Tonight's setlist according to the NME

Also says the album is number 3 in the UK, not a bad showing.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55260
    Beady Eye are currently at Number Three in the UK album midweek charts.
    Check NME.COM tonight for a full report from the Glasgow gig.

Beady Eye's rumoured setlist is:

'Four Letter Word'
    'Beatles And Stones'
    'Millionaire'
    'For Anyone'
    'The Roller'
    'Wind Up Dream'
    'Bring The Light'
    'Standing On The Edge Of The Noise'
    'Kill For A Dream'
    'Three Ring Circus'
    'Man Of Misery'
    'The Beat Goes On'
    'The Morning Son'
    'Sons Of The Stage'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Manchester on Sunday.

Cannot fookin wait!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Advertisement

Barely over an hour on stage, glad I didn't buy a ticket to see them.
    playing for just over an hour to a packed crowd at the city's Barrowlands venue.

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55276

Manchester on Sunday.

Cannot fookin wait!!!!

Have a good one man, make sure you have a tell-all post for us! I'm going Troxy next Thursday!
    zimovain wrote: »
    Barely over an hour on stage, glad I didn't buy a ticket to see them.

Ah sure they havent got enough songs to do a longer set! Tickets were only 36euro which is very reasonable for an hour of Beady Eye IMO.

Number 3 in the charts.

http://irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Free cd with Sundays 'News of The World' Some album tracks and 2 b-sides.
    The mag also comes with an exclusive free 5 track Beady Eye CD/DVD that features 3 tracks from Beady Eye's debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' , plus two B-sides and the exclusive 17 minute interview conducted by John Robb.

Just dont me online check-in for the flights! I know the gig ain't til Sunday, but I'm absolutely buzzing!

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is for both 'Beady Eye' threads:

I'm sick to my back teeth of getting notifications about these goddamn threads..

.. honestly, how old and petty are some of ye? I don't care if ye're fans of Beady Eye or Oasis, or both.

If ye wanna stay segregated and have a "haters" thread and a "lovers" thread (.. or whatever), then go nuts.

But don't go and piss others off by going against that thread!

I'm half tempted to lock both these threads if this continues!

Grow up FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Me and my mates are having a beady eye party at the moment. Listening to the album and drinking accordingly , cant wait for the olympia gig:)

Glasgow gig gets 4 stars out of 5 in The Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/04/beady-eye-live-review
    Liam Gallagher is ruling Glasgow before he has even come on: 2,000 voices roar his name, mixing this with a booze-sozzled chant that carries on throughout the gig: "Beady! Beady! Beady ****in' aye!"

Oasis may be no more, but if this lot are missing Noel Gallagher, it doesn't show. Still, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what Liam does that has made him the sort of idol who comes along once a generation. He wears a motorcycle jacket buttoned up (helpful for dodging the traditional Glasgow welcome of hurled beer). He edges a hand towards his private regions (not quite a Michael Jackson crotch grab, more like scratching an itch). He stands motionless and casts, yes, a beady eye over the crowd. Yet somehow his presence in this medium-size hall (as opposed to an Oasis-size arena) is formidable.

It also helps that the frontman is certainly singing – and projecting his voice – better than he was doing as Oasis reached the end of the line, when they sounded like a band ready for retirement. Measuring roughly twice the volume of the band's wall-of-guitar noise, that trademark Lennon-Lydon sneer combines with the atmosphere to produce a proper, wild rock'n'roll concert. The raucous Bring the Light, hammered out over Jerry Lee Lewis-style piano, provides some of the most electrifying minutes of Liam's career, and leads one fan – a drunk veteran of 17 Oasis gigs – to proclaim Beady Eye are "pissing on them".

In truth, while they have undoubtedly got the energy back, you can't always say the same about the songs. Millionaire is mellifluous, Standing on the Edge of the Noise is pure swagger, Kill for a Dream oozes poignancy and The Beat Goes On gets arms swaying in the air. But The Roller and Beatles & Stones owe too much to the Beatles and the Who, respectively; meanwhile, mid-set, there are one or two clunkers that are saved only by the atmosphere.

Still, the Liam-penned, slightly psychedelic The Morning Son hints at new emotional depth and seemingly addresses you-know-who: "He's in my soul, he's even in my rock'n'roll."
    Noel's next move will be fascinating. In the meantime, the chant of "Beady! Beady! Beady ****in' aye!" remains so infuriatingly catchy that Liam should turn it into song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Fishy123

Barrowlands gigs looked mega, Bring The Light looks like its gonna tear the roof off every venue.

Liam's voice is magnificent, hes drinking water by the looks of it between every break in play.
    Pity they dont have many songs to play for a long setlist but sure fcuk it.
    Roll on the Olympia gig :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Ooh, ooh, they don't share my taste in music, therefore they're trolling and I'll fire personal abuse at them and dictate what this thread's content must be."

Fucking tripe.

Malice, I really admire your patience and lack of bannings...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I was at a friends house in Dundalk there last week listening to the residents' very mediocre taste in music, then one of them asked for "Millionaire" to be put on, I was happy because I thought it's was going to be this:

But nae! It was that incredibly average and boring song on that album - so now I dislike them severely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

In reply the the OP. It certainly isn't better than DBTT. It is better than HC and is probably on a par with DOYS.

Looking forward to seeing them at the Olympia anyway. It's also a damn sound better than Radiohead's newest album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

A note to the mods of this forum,

In other threads, when somebody makes a snide unwanted off topic comment about something they dislike they are warned by mods to "get back on topic" or "if you don't like it don't post". Yet when people post anti Oasis or anti Beady Eye stuff you seem to defend their right to do so. Where's the consistency in how you deal with this kind of thing?

Post 47 in this thread is a prime example of spam and dragging the thread off topic yet it's allowed in Oasis/Beady Eye threads it would be warned or removed in most other circumstances.

Most of us want to have a discussion about the new Beady Eye album without having to read through pages of snivelling ****e.

dhmusic wrote: »
    A note to the mods of this forum,

In other threads, when somebody makes a snide unwanted off topic comment about something they dislike they are warned by mods to "get back on topic" or "if you don't like it don't post". Yet when people post anti Oasis or anti Beady Eye stuff you seem to defend their right to do so. Where's the consistency in how you deal with this kind of thing?

Post 47 in this thread is a prime example of spam and dragging the thread off topic yet it's allowed in Oasis/Beady Eye threads it would be warned or removed in most other circumstances.

Most of us want to have a discussion about the new Beady Eye album without having to read through pages of snivelling ****e.
    We don't care whether or not you would like to read peoples critisisms of the album, it's a discussion board, you used the word discussion yourself. People have their own voices and own opinions on the album they'll speak about it if they ****ing well please. And Post 47 is very much on topic, we're speaking of the album at hand here, and commenting on why one was discontented with it, it appears that there are more inconsistancies in your post & opinion than there is with the moderation of this forum, which is quite good and liberal indeed.

Post 49, in your stupidified condecending wording, is in itself brimmed with inconsistancies and hypocrisies, it's pathetic that people like you think that should be able to post here in their own little Beady Eye oasis (pardon the pun), if you don't like your equals coming in and posting then you should go to an Oasis/Beady Eye fan site. Stop thinking that these threads should be restricted for your own satisfaction, and calling certain posts off topic is retarded, that's what happened, I thought the song was boring and poor, I've heard the album and I also think it is boring and poor.

If you don't like hearing our contrasting opinions or attitudes towards that album, then you and your 'thank you' pals should piss off elsewhere. Boards.ie is a open forum, get the **** over it.

Official footage of fans and the band backstage/onstage taken from the Glasgow gigs. Maybe a live dvd might come our way?

• Advertisement

Just back from Manchester now!

Absolutely smashing gig. Liam's voice sounded great, and have to say I much prefer the live version of Millionaire and Three Ring Circus. Quality stuff!

Can't wait for the Olympia gig too :D

Just back from Manchester now!

Absolutely smashing gig. Liam's voice sounded great, and have to say I much prefer the live version of Millionaire and Three Ring Circus. Quality stuff!

Can't wait for the Olympia gig too :D

I want details, and don't leave anything out. :D

Nailz wrote: »
    We don't care whether or not you would like to read peoples critisisms of the album, it's a discussion board, you used the word discussion yourself. People have their own voices and own opinions on the album they'll speak about it if they ****ing well please. And Post 47 is very much on topic, we're speaking of the album at hand here, and commenting on why one was discontented with it, it appears that there are more inconsistancies in your post & opinion than there is with the moderation of this forum, which is quite good and liberal indeed.

Post 49, in your stupidified condecending wording, is in itself brimmed with inconsistancies and hypocrisies, it's pathetic that people like you think that should be able to post here in their own little Beady Eye oasis (pardon the pun), if you don't like your equals coming in and posting then you should go to an Oasis/Beady Eye fan site. Stop thinking that these threads should be restricted for your own satisfaction, and calling certain posts off topic is retarded, that's what happened, I thought the song was boring and poor, I've heard the album and I also think it is boring and poor.

If you don't like hearing our contrasting opinions or attitudes towards that album, then you and your 'thank you' pals should piss off elsewhere. Boards.ie is a open forum, get the **** over it.

You my friend are the most retarded poster I have ever seen in these Oasis - Beady Eye threads.

1. Your post, number 47, was just fcuking stupid. You come on to post some fcuking queens of the stone age song, that just happens to be a namesake of the new Beady Eye tune. WTF? And you're trying to say that's on-topic?

2. It's people like you who are gonna get this thread locked. I already said I was open to criticism, I ****ing said it enough times, but still we have braindead Nailz who decides to come on and post some stupid fcuking tune. You know that none of us looked at that link right? Go preach your emo sh*te (or whatever you wanna call it) somewhere else. For the record, I know its not emo music, and it's probably not sh*te either but if you wanna start wrecking our heads then I'll wreck yours. Or go start a QOTSA thread, I promise I won't ruin it on you.

3. Look, mate, we can start whatever fcuking thread we want in this section, once it involves Music etc etc. The MODS have been on.... did they lock the thread? NO. Therefore, although they don't agree in principle, they cant close a thread because we want it to be pro-Beady Eye rather than a debate, although I have previously said: If you have a criticism fine. Post it. But don't start all this "Oasis are crap" or "Liam is a knacker" bull****.

Now do us all a favour, yourself included, and leave us talk about Beady Eye in peace.

The Barrowlands looked epic. I loved when he dedicated The Morning Son to Bonehead :D. I'm off to London on Thursday for a gig there, can't wait. Bring the Light is gonna be wiiiiiild!

Oonly caught a glimpse of Man of Misery on youtube, wasn't the full tune, I must say it is the weakest Beady Eye tune I've heard.

PS MODS don't lock this thread, even though I know you're tempted, sorry about the sh*te you have to put up with. :)

Live4Ever wrote: »
    You my friend are the most retarded poster I have ever seen in these Oasis - Beady Eye threads.

1. Your post, number 47, was just fcuking stupid. You come on to post some fcuking queens of the stone age song, that just happens to be a namesake of the new Beady Eye tune. WTF? And you're trying to say that's on-topic?

2. It's people like you who are gonna get this thread locked. I already said I was open to criticism, I ****ing said it enough times, but still we have braindead Nailz who decides to come on and post some stupid fcuking tune. You know that none of us looked at that link right? Go preach your emo sh*te (or whatever you wanna call it) somewhere else. For the record, I know its not emo music, and it's probably not sh*te either but if you wanna start wrecking our heads then I'll wreck yours. Or go start a QOTSA thread, I promise I won't ruin it on you.

3. Look, mate, we can start whatever fcuking thread we want in this section, once it involves Music etc etc. The MODS have been on.... did they lock the thread? NO. Therefore, although they don't agree in principle, they cant close a thread because we want it to be pro-Beady Eye rather than a debate, although I have previously said: If you have a criticism fine. Post it. But don't start all this "Oasis are crap" or "Liam is a knacker" bull****.

Now do us all a favour, yourself included, and leave us talk about Beady Eye in peace.

The Barrowlands looked epic. I loved when he dedicated The Morning Son to Bonehead :D. I'm off to London on Thursday for a gig there, can't wait. Bring the Light is gonna be wiiiiiild!

Oonly caught a glimpse of Man of Misery on youtube, wasn't the full tune, I must say it is the weakest Beady Eye tune I've heard.

PS MODS don't lock this thread, even though I know you're tempted, sorry about the sh*te you have to put up with. :)

Here fcuking here, you my friend are 100% correct.
    Why in flying fcuk would you post a Queens Of The Stone Age song on this thread? Can you not read???? Its BEADY EYE (NO HATERS PLEASE). Speaking of no haters, there must be a **** load of people who like the imbecile who post QOTSA video, cannot read. Its no haters? Is that so ridiculously hard to comprehend or is the basic language of English still causing you trouble? If you dislike Beady Eye or feel that asking you to refrain from commenting on this thread if your going to start criticizing Liam/Oasis or any of the other bull*hit you come up with, go start your own thread, its fcuking pretty simple?

Let me just say something to the MODS, who will without doubt ban me from this forum just like they banned Live4Ever, we ( People who want to talk about Beady Eye ) did not start this petty, fcuked up argument. Its quite clear at the start at the start of this thread and by simply looking at the title that it is about Beady Eye and the new band. Then some kid comes in and claims some stupid, retarded comment about Oasis, but you take no action against him??? Instead you choose to warn me for warning him that this is a Beady Eye thread?? Then you come in later and claim that But don't go and piss others off by going against that thread. What is the crack there?? We accepted criticism against the album, this is all quite clear. How about cracking down on the people who are actually fcuking ruining this thread??

Dudess wrote: »
    "Ooh, ooh, they don't share my taste in music, therefore they're trolling and I'll fire personal abuse at them and dictate what this thread's content must be."

Fucking tripe.

Malice, I really admire your patience and lack of bannings...

I would also like to point out that this person has posted this conduct on 3 different other threads?? He is constantly interrupting threads with his trolling s*ite he goes on with? Of course he mustn't realise that he himself by posting such turgid messages is being troll..

And then we wonder why you are banned, says a lot for the Oasis fanboy doesn't it?
    It was posted in relation to it's namesake, for having been a case of utter disappointment for what had been put on (the Beady Eye song). So yes, on-topic.
    No, in fact it is people like you who is going to get this thread locked, one who used petty insults to get his or her point across (or lack there of) is one who doesn't deserve the company of more restricted and civilized people.

I don't care whether or not any of you looked at the link, it was part of what happened at my friends place to which I expressed my disappointment - for that not being the song I'd hoped, nor did I think it was good for it was a song off that album, which I was going to listen to. And don't quote me and say Emo in the same sentence please. Involving that particular QOTSA song had **** all to do with preaching.
    Look, mate, we can start whatever fcuking thread we want in this section, once it involves Music etc etc.. The MODS have been on.... did they lock the thread? NO. Therefore, although they don't agree in principle, they cant close a thread because we want it to be pro-Beady Eye rather than a debate, although I have previously said: If you have a criticism fine. Post it. But don't start all this "Oasis are crap" or "Liam is a knacker" bull****.
    I completely agree with the above, but are you implying that I am saying something along the lines of "Oasis are crap" and so on? Dare you may find such a post or comment without constructive criticism on it and come back to me.

As for you being banned for the abuse, good riddance, I hope you learn your lesson. Good day.

Nailz wrote: »
    And then we wonder why you are banned, says a lot for the Oasis fanboy doesn't it?

It was posted in relation to it's namesake, for having been a case of utter disappointment for what had been put on (the Beady Eye song). So yes, on-topic.

No, in fact it is people like you who is going to get this thread locked, one who used petty insults to get his or her point across (or lack there of) is one who doesn't deserve the company of more restricted and civilized people.

I don't care whether or not any of you looked at the link, it was part of what happened at my friends place to which I expressed my disappointment - for that not being the song I'd hoped, nor did I think it was good for it was a song off that album, which I was going to listen to. And don't quote me and say Emo in the same sentence please. Involving that particular QOTSA song had **** all to do with preaching.

I completely agree with the above, but are you implying that I am saying something along the lines of "Oasis are crap" and so on? Dare you may find such a post or comment without constructive criticism on it and come back to me.

As for you being banned for the abuse, good riddance, I hope you learn your lesson. Good day.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ! In the words of Liam Gallagher, " you my friend are a fcuking knobhead".

Fishy123 wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that this person has posted this conduct on 3 different other threads?? He is constantly interrupting threads with his trolling s*ite he goes on with? Of course he mustn't realise that he himself by posting such turgid messages is being troll..
    No no, I was referring to this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70930746&postcount=12

A perfectly reasonable commentary, but because it wasn't saying good stuff about them, you launched into disgraceful abuse of that poster - and said they were trolling... :confused: Trolling is not saying stuff you disagree with.
    Nobody gets to set the agenda of a thread - it's not owned by anyone. A discussion on Beady Eye from all angles would be far more conducive to the spirit of this forum - instead of a censored, "only say good things about our glorious leader" type one. Sure, anyone being snide and abusive - from either side - should be kicked to the kerb, but what the poster on the above thread said was so balanced and thoughtfully written - and no, it wasn't "rubbish" or idiotic just because it was a different opinion to yours. Surprised you weren't banned.
    I agree Nailz is being out of order but he's just sick of the way some Oasis fans think they can dictate and abuse on this forum as they please. Some people don't like Oasis's music - get the hell over it!

Fishy123 wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ! In the words of Liam Gallagher, " you my friend are a fcuking knobhead".
    Wow, what a compelling and interesting deconstructed analysis of my post. You should write my memoirs.

Dudess, I agree with you post but I also fail to see how I'm being out of order, I'm being perfectly reasonable and fair.

• Advertisement

Too aggressive in my opinion - same tactic as those Oasis fans who think they can bully non Oasis fans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement