Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye (No Haters, Please)

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

beady-eye-wallpaper-460-100-460-70.jpg

Seeing as our last forum got hijacked and subsequently closed and a good staunch member banned, I thought I would start up a dedicated Beady Eye thread.

NO HATERS, PLEASE.

The album is released tomorrow, Feb 25th, and is expected to be one of the years best albums. So fair it has recieved very positive reviews and great fan reaction. Many believed it would be the nail in the musical coffin of Liam Gallagher, however, he and Beady Eye have produced a good staunch record, and have proven any doubters that he is a decent musician and that they were right to continue without Noel Gallagher.

Different Gear, Still Speeding:
    ‘Four Letter Word’
    ‘Millionaire’
    ‘The Roller’
    ‘Beatles And Stones’
    ‘Wind Up Dream’
    ‘Bring The Light’
    ‘For Anyone’
    ‘Kill For A Dream’
    ‘Standing On The Edge Of The Noise’
    ‘Wigwam’
    ‘Three Ring Circus’
    ‘The Beat Goes On’
    ‘The Morning Son’

Personally I thought the album was exceptional from the loud burst of enegry in the opener Four Letter Word to the soft melody in The Morning Son. I think it is certainly better than the last 3 Oasis albums. The record also features Liams best vocals since the Oasis debut album Definetly Maybe.

I am going to the Troxy gig in London and the Olympia and cannot fcuking wait for the live gigs. They will be mega. I also suspect they will play Oxegen as they have been confirmed for T in the Park which is usually an identical line up.

The beat goes on.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

You say no haters, but what about some gentle criticism?

From the singles i have heard doesn't really grab as anything special and I just listened to the song "Beatles & Stones" , mainly due to the rather interesting title, can't say its mind blowing almost a bit of a cringy concept for a song.

They're clearly trying to ape the bands around the 60's, your stones, beatles, kinks or what have, and most of the time it comes off as tepid filler put out by these kind of bands.

Not hating here, just giving my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

You say no haters, but what about some gentle criticism?

From the singles i have heard doesn't really grab as anything special and I just listened to the song "Beatles & Stones" , mainly due to the rather interesting title, can't say its mind blowing almost a bit of a cringy concept for a song.

They're clearly trying to ape the bands around the 60's, your stones, beatles, kinks or what have, and most of the time it comes off as tepid filler put out by these kind of bands.

Not hating here, just giving my opinion.

Hey, the album is out today, or you can listen to it on YouTube, it sounds like you've only heard Bring The Light, The Roller and Beatles & Stones?? If so check out: Kill for a Dream. The Beat Goes On, Four Letter Word and The Morning Son and see what you think. Then try For Anyone and Millionaire!

Yeah man, gentle criticism is grand, even just normal criticism is cool! It's interesting to hear a different opinion from someone who isn't an out and out Oasis hater. No matter what sensible argument you put forward it is shot down, I don't understand people's reasoning, if you hate Oasis or anything for that matter why are you posting in the forum ruining it for everyone else? Oh wait, I know they're TROLLING. Bast**ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

They way the previous thread descended I decided to create a Beady Eye "No Haters" thread but searched it first in case someone had beaten me too it. I guess they did!

DGSS is imo a very good album. I dont think anyone could say in any way it is a bad one. There are some excellent songs on there and the album all fits well together. Hopefully we'll see Ricero back here but please without the f*****g after every second f****n word!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

It's funny because the first song I'd heard was Bring the Light and I wasn't that impressed. Four Letter Word was much more impressive as was the b side World Outside My Window. I then heard Beatles and Stones and wasn't impressed.

When I 1st listened to the album I kind of wasn't too impressed. But I think I was being too negative and critical because of the hype around. Then it grew on me and I find it very enjoyable through out. It's nothing complicated but it's very melodic and I like the fact it's a straight forward 60's style rock n roll album. The production is great, the guitars sound great and Liam's voice is absolute quality. Bring the Light's lyrics are sh1te but then the words to She Loves You are pretty cack but both songs are good little rock n rollers.

Can't wait to be bopping about to Bring The Light when they play Belfast in a few weeks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Four Letter Word is a great opener. Millionaire is very catchy. Bring The Light grows on you. Have to say I was impressed by this album, wasn't really sure what to expect but Archer and Bell are accomplished musicians so shouldn't have worried too much. Liam sounds great, can't wait to see them in Dublin in April!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Hey, the album is out today, or you can listen to it on YouTube, it sounds like you've only heard Bring The Light, The Roller and Beatles & Stones?? If so check out: Kill for a Dream. The Beat Goes On, Four Letter Word and The Morning Son and see what you think. Then try For Anyone and Millionaire!

Yeah man, gentle criticism is grand, even just normal criticism is cool! It's interesting to hear a different opinion from someone who isn't an out and out Oasis hater. No matter what sensible argument you put forward it is shot down, I don't understand people's reasoning, if you hate Oasis or anything for that matter why are you posting in the forum ruining it for everyone else? Oh wait, I know they're TROLLING. Bast**ds.

Ahh yeah know what you mean. Would like oasis as much as the next man. Thought the last two albums they had were a decent return to form. Shame they broke up, sure seen them at that Slane gig, last gig in Ireland i believe, they were class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Fishy123

Been listening to it since it was leaked on youtube, its mega album. Its the better than the last 4 Oasis albums in my opinion.
    When I first heard Bring The Light I wasn't that impressed but it's nearly one of the best songs after a bit of listening, such a good beat to it.

Album has some classic guitar riffs and serious Piano playing, all songs have a great beat to it. Though the acoustic in For Anyone was unreal.

Anyone listened to World Outside My Room? Nearly as good as the album :D

Best song for me is The Beat Goes On, Liam came up trumps big time with this one, didn't expect something this good but once again the man turns heads with exceptional music. For the band to work they're gonna have to smart about the singles they choose, get a bitta airplay and people will actually be naming they're kids Beady Eye.
    Anyone else think " nothing ever lasts forever from Four Letter Word is a dig at Noel and Live Forever?

Bring on the Dublin gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

SHOCKHOUND: In “Kill For A Dream,” you sing "I’m here if you wanna call."

GALLAGHER: Yeah. But it’s got nothing to do with Noel. It was written before all that. And Andy wrote it, and I’m sure he’s also had some personal **** going down, but you’d have to ask him.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2011/02/beady-eye-interview-with-shockhound.html

Yeah true they really need to pick their singles wisely! They've already gone with The Roller, I reckon they should go with Millionaire, The Beat Goes On, The Morning Sun, and probably Kill For a Dream.

Yeah I agree with the whole Bring The Light thing, at first I was like WTF and kind of hoped that the rest would be better, needless to say I now think its a mega tune! I can see why everyone had their doubts, me included, but he stepped up to the plate an made a great album.

World Outside My Room is fcuking quality, I don't know how it didn't make the album, they obviosuly wanted at least one great b side! :D

Has anyone listened to the live recordings yet? Fcuking hell Liams voice is unreal, I had some doubts about his voice live but it sounds amazing, as good as it ever was!

Yes, Slane was the greatest day ever really. The Beady Eye gigs will be great, perfect mix of energy filled 'get em goin' tunes and the lighters in the air moments!

Beady Eye: Live From Abbey Road

Tonight, 11.45pm on Channel 4.
    Liam Gallagher's new band Beady Eye perform tracks from their debut album Different Gear, Still Speeding at the iconic Abbey Road Studios in London. SUB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

If there were no haters allowed in this thread it would be very short- you wont get too many lovers

Albums sounds like an ode to John Lennon- i think liam always wanted to go down this road with an album that was like that but noels influence would of kept him in line.

Albums ok- a bit cringy and basic at times. Nothing stands out to me- Believe me when i say i'd of loved this to be a great album. If it was a new band coming out and no body had heard of any of them band members this album would of got no attention and people would of asked why a band is recreating a sound of the 70's?

I was a huge Oasis fan- and when i head about Beady Eye i was skeptical. But i was always a bit skeptical Noel could do a solo album. When i think of the first 2 oasis albums and b-sides they where amazing. They had around 5 albums of material, then be here now happened- mostly rubbish with 6 minutes solos. and everything since then has been average at best. the last oasis album had decent stuff

Completely ignoring the utter rubbish that is above my head I shall continue to talk about BEADY EYE, for which this is the topic of this thread. Your comments on Be Here Now are complete an utter sh*te, to say Be Here Now is a bad album is a disgrace, go and listen to it you idiot.

On other news, Live @ Abbey Road was pretty mega, the Bring The Light version was excellent and Kill For A Dream was brilliant, It opened my thoughts to this song.
    Once again Liam never ceases in being the godlike figure he always has been.

The show from abbey road was pretty cool. I have to say I feared for Liam's voice on Kill for a dream but he nailed it to be honest. The Roller is still my favorite and the live version of Bring the Light is cool.

Also, the album sounds nothing like the 70's. Maybe 50's/60's. heyheyhey everyone is entitled to an opinion by why come in here and say nothing but negative comments when this is clearly a thread for those who like Beady Eye. Your comments are inflammatory and will only lead this thread to go in one direction and that is to be locked. This is a fans thread. Open up your own anti-Beady Eye thread where like minded people can bitch together.

darrenh wrote: »
    The show from abbey road was pretty cool. I have to say I feared for Liam's voice on Kill for a dream but he nailed it to be honest. The Roller is still my favorite and the live version of Bring the Light is cool.

Also, the album sounds nothing like the 70's. Maybe 50's/60's. heyheyhey everyone is entitled to an opinion by why come in here and say nothing but negative comments when this is clearly a thread for those who like Beady Eye. Your comments are inflammatory and will only lead this thread to go in one direction and that is to be locked. This is a fans thread. Open up your own anti-Beady Eye thread where like minded people can bitch together.

Here here, why be a trolling ******?

I feared for Liams voice myself but It hel out and sounded pretty strong. The songs suit his vocals whereas the last few oasis albums they didn't that really sound top notch ( particularly live) but he still sounded good don't get me wrong. Anyway he sounds great singing with Beady Eye and that's where it's at at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No interest in Beady eye myself or Oasis since the mid 90s but the link below might be of interest to you. Looks like a few free tracks and b sides in The NoTW. I would have taken Liam as more of a Guardian reader myself :)

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2011/03/free-beady-eye-cddvd-in-this-weeks-news.html

Live @ Abbey Road was great. The band are real chilled out and having a laugh. The little changes made to the songs in this live set were great, the break down and "come ons" in Bring The Light were great, plus it had guitar. The "na-na-na" in Kill For a Dream was quality and it had a class ending with Andy using effects on his guitar. Based on this, the gigs will be quality.

DGSS is currently at No. 4 on iTunes Top 10 Albums.

Fishy123 wrote: »
    Completely ignoring the utter rubbish that is above my head I shall continue to talk about BEADY EYE, for which this is the topic of this thread. Your comments on Be Here Now are complete an utter sh*te, to say Be Here Now is a bad album is a disgrace, go and listen to it you idiot.

On other news, Live @ Abbey Road was pretty mega, the Bring The Light version was excellent and Kill For A Dream was brilliant, It opened my thoughts to this song.
    Once again Liam never ceases in being the godlike figure he always has been.

Ok if this is for Beady eye lovers i'll leave this thread alone. What i would say is i'm a massive oasis fan and have seen them a load of times- once quing for 3 hours at witness (now oxygen) to get into the pit in blazing sunshine.

Be here now had potential to be great except they ruined it by over producing and over laying 6 minutes guitar solos. I love half the album but i would lover to hear the album stripped back and re produced again. The whole band say they where off their heads on coke recording it and where layering 30 guitar solos on one song-

And liam has became a parady of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Infraction issued for Fishy123..

.. any more personal abuse and it's a permanent ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just a small note in addition to what Basq wrote above. Boards.ie is a discussion forum. As a result you cannot and should not start a thread and expect everyone to agree with you. Remember the general rule: Attack the post, not the poster. Don't just call someone a troll, an idiot or a muppet if they post something you disagree with. Pick apart their post point-by-point and demonstrate why they are wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

mosseltoff

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    Just a small note in addition to what Basq wrote above. Boards.ie is a discussion forum. As a result you cannot and should not start a thread and expect everyone to agree with you. Remember the general rule: Attack the post, not the poster. Don't just call someone a troll, an idiot or a muppet if they post something you disagree with. Pick apart their post point-by-point and demonstrate why they are wrong.

Fair enough, that is the nature of boards. However, there doesn't have to be a debate on every single topic.

I want to talk about Beady Eye with other people who like the band, I don't want to engage in discussion about why they are good or bad, that happened in the last thread which was subsequently locked (not my fault).

That's why I created a thread called Beady Eye (No Haters, Please). As you can see I said please, I didn't say "Beady Eye haters can fcuk right off, your points are bullsh*t". IMO the thread title is acceptable, anyone is free to post in it, it's just letting people know that the general mood of the forum is pro-Beady Eye.

A poster posted in the thread with some criticism of the band. Check out what I responded with, pretty fcuking fair wasnt it? I engaged him, politely, and gave my own views regarding his points. I also said we would debate with him.

Also, I'm not responsible for Fishy123 being a clown, he's clearly a newb and hasn't grasped the boards.ie rules. He got a ban, I'm sure he'll learn from it.

Alot of people hate the Gallaghers, Oasis and subsequently Beady Eye. I don't want to listen to people who hate them for no apparent reason or people who have the attitude "Oasis are crap and anyone who likes them is clearly retarded" which has been the case so, so often on boards.

Also, I used that thread title so we could stick to talking about Beady Eye, threads with Beady Eye always go off point and I find myself trying to defend the 3rd Oasis album for the tenth time. In the thread "Liam Gallagher reveals plans" the point of changing the thread title to Beady Eye was raised at least 3 times, but of course no MOD stepped in (I'm not sure if you even can change the name but a reply would have been nice).

Now, please don't look back in anger and ban me. ;)

Live Forever.

But you cant open a thread and say only people who agree with me can comment.

Just want to say i'm a massive oasis fan, well i was from when i was 13-25. Went to the gigs my room was full of posters- had all the bsides- my Idol was Noel - had a load of bootleg tapes - i think i ony listened to oasis for around 5 years of my life- i think i can have an informed opinion on Beady eye- i'm not some bloke sticking my head in and saying they are crap. i'm not trolling. I'm not trying to annoy anyone. i just felt it was a weak album.
    i cant quiet put my finger on it but the sound is terrible- every now and then i felt i was listening to instant Karma. Liams song writing abilities is a little hit and miss. i'd love to have seen Noels face when he played the album. Why cant liam sing the was he used to any more? i know everyones voice changes but its as if he's trying to change it. Watched the live show last night- sounded better live few nice guitar solos that dont come out in the album well. Fairly average compared to oasis last album which was the best album for years.

Well I didn't think my post needed to be responded to but since you've quoted me Live4Ever, I suppose I'd better respond :).
    Live4Ever wrote: »
    Fair enough, that is the nature of boards. However, there doesn't have to be a debate on every single topic.
    If you want to start laying down the law over what topics can be debated in particular threads then you might as well save yourself hassle and start your own forum.
    Live4Ever wrote:
    I want to talk about Beady Eye with other people who like the band, I don't want to engage in discussion about why they are good or bad
    I'd like to discuss Liverpool FC with other Liverpool FC fans and not have to put up with crap from Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal fans but the rules of the Soccer forum prevent that. Rather than worrying about a policy I can't change I just post somewhere else about Liverpool with other Liverpool fans.
    Live4Ever wrote:
    That's why I created a thread called Beady Eye (No Haters, Please). As you can see I said please, I didn't say "Beady Eye haters can fcuk right off, your points are bullsh*t". IMO the thread title is acceptable, anyone is free to post in it, it's just letting people know that the general mood of the forum is pro-Beady Eye.
    I haven't criticised the thread title, I'm just pointing out that your expectation of Beady Eye worship won't work and even if it did how boring would the thread be if it had a load of replies all saying "Yeah they're great/Liam Gallagher is great" etc.
    Live4Ever wrote:
    A poster posted in the thread with some criticism of the band. Check out what I responded with, pretty fcuking fair wasnt it? I engaged him, politely, and gave my own views regarding his points. I also said we would debate with him.
    Agreed but then I wasn't singling out any post on this thread for breaking the rules, I was just reiterating a general point that is valid across all forums on Boards, not just this one.
    Live4Ever wrote:
    Alot of people hate the Gallaghers, Oasis and subsequently Beady Eye. I don't want to listen to people who hate them for no apparent reason or people who have the attitude "Oasis are crap and anyone who likes them is clearly retarded" which has been the case so, so often on boards.
    If you have a problem with a post then report it so it will be reviewed by a moderator. We generally don't read every single post that gets written. We have lives too you know :).
    Live4Ever wrote:
    In the thread "Liam Gallagher reveals plans" the point of changing the thread title to Beady Eye was raised at least 3 times, but of course no MOD stepped in (I'm not sure if you even can change the name but a reply would have been nice).
    It's perfectly possible to change a thread title, just ask a moderator to do it. If they don't get back to you in a few days then ask a Cat Mod to take a look. For the Music category that's me.

But you cant open a thread and say only people who agree with me can comment.

Just want to say i'm a massive oasis fan, well i was from when i was 13-25. Went to the gigs my room was full of posters- had all the bsides- my Idol was Noel - had a load of bootleg tapes - i think i ony listened to oasis for around 5 years of my life- i think i can have an informed opinion on Beady eye- i'm not some bloke sticking my head in and saying they are crap. i'm not trolling. I'm not trying to annoy anyone. i just felt it was a weak album.
    i cant quiet put my finger on it but the sound is terrible- every now and then i felt i was listening to instant Karma. Liams song writing abilities is a little hit and miss. i'd love to have seen Noels face when he played the album. Why cant liam sing the was he used to any more? i know everyones voice changes but its as if he's trying to change it. Watched the live show last night- sounded better live few nice guitar solos that dont come out in the album well. Fairly average compared to oasis last album which was the best album for years.

Hey, nice talking to you.
    Would you be so kind as to start your own Forum on why you think Beady are not good. Thanks. Therefore this forum can progress in the raised subject.
    Thanks man, hope you have a nice day.

Album is doing well in the iTunes charts, particularly in the U.K. Great for the band, hopefully it will get the recognition it deserves in the U.S.

Anyone think they'll throw in a few rares/bootlegs/b-sides live? Hoping they will...:rolleyes:

I cant understand why its improper to ask people not to come in here and stir up Beady Eye fans, by throwing comments around about previous Oasis album's or slagging off Liam Gallagher.

If this was a real room organised for Beady Eye fans to discuss Beady Eye subjects and someone was in the room trying to derail it by talking about Oasis, they would be asked to leave. Now, its completely impossible to Mod, because how can you say what is said is right or wrong, unless it is an insult. All us Beady Eye fans are asking is that comments that could be seen as trolling, whether meant or not, be left in the newly formed Beady Eye (Haters only, Please) forum. ;)

One more thing: Please get the terminology correct. Beady Eye (No Haters, Please) is a discussion thread in the Music forum. The two terms are not interchangeable.

Fishy123 wrote: »
    Hey, nice talking to you.
    Would you be so kind as to start your own Forum on why you think Beady are not good. Thanks. Therefore this forum can progress in the raised subject.
    Thanks man, hope you have a nice day.

Read what i posted again, i'm not slating the band. I've been reading about this band since it waqs first mooted they where coming out. I'm on the oasis/ Beady eye mailing list. I'm not trying to argue with anyone- i want this band to be good (i'd rather oasis reformed) i was just dissapointed in the album. raging i dont have tickets for the gig as i'm broke. i would love to see liam in a small venue. i think the song will sound better live.
    How old is everone in this thread 12??? i used to be real protective over oasis- anyone said they where ****- i'd hate them. But as i got older i realised they had there down sides. if we are all adults we can discuss the band. i cant say the album is the best thing i've heard for years. but i want to discuss this band. i dont want to open a thread beady eye (hater only) as i'm a massive fan of oasis, which is beady eye minus noel. Who here has every oasis release since they formed? i have all the dvd's- every album and single and a tonne of books, keys rings, badges, and i can nealry play every oasis song on guitar, except a few of the harder ones. i'm probably a bigger fan than most in here. i just want to talk about some of the songs being a little cringey. i could of put a fiver on it liam would of done a song called beatles and stones. Noel would of seen the cringey side of that and knocked ot on the head. Sure the only reason liitle james is on SOTSOG is Noel felt it would of knocked Liam back if he had told him the truth about the song.

Who here has every oasis release since they formed?

I also own everything.

• Advertisement

zimovain wrote: »
    I also own everything.

i think you know what my point was- i can have an informed opinion on oasis/ beady eye. i know oasis have a huge fanbase- and alot of fans have all their memrobilia.

so congratulations on owning everything

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement