Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boole Library conversationalists

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Do us a favour love! you're clutching at straws here and making it up about the extension being specifically for people with laptops. The reason there are plugs at every table there and not in the old part of the library is because one was built 5 years ago and the other decades ago when laptops weren't ubiquitous. What library in the 21st Century is going to ban Laptops ffs?

TBH, when I saw that, I thought what a pr*ck of a poster! Cut the condescending crap, doesn't help your argument. If you actually looked, there are not plugs at every table - every second table if not every third. You are the one coming on complaining about noise in the library - that is a noise that annoys me when inside in that part of the library, so pull your head in a bit. I am entitled to my opinion on the issue of noise - thats the noise that annoys the hell out of me. Judging by your reply, you must be one of those people who uses their laptop inside there. So next time before you post, think and try to appreciate other peoples opinion before you shoot your mouth off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

TBH, when I saw that, I thought what a pr*ck of a poster! Cut the condescending crap, doesn't help your argument. If you actually looked, there are not plugs at every table - every second table if not every third. You are the one coming on complaining about noise in the library - that is a noise that annoys me when inside in that part of the library, so pull your head in a bit. I am entitled to my opinion on the issue of noise - thats the noise that annoys the hell out of me. Judging by your reply, you must be one of those people who uses their laptop inside there. So next time before you post, think and try to appreciate other peoples opinion before you shoot your mouth off!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xkSxQxUfDE2eeeFpwuhZ6Ua4MYL7RBwdYsusRDhoYUTlsPjCwg

Anyway, you're entitled to hold whatever opinion you like, just expect to be laughed out of whatever room you air it in. You seemingly have no problem with people chit chatting in the library but yet you want to ban laptops from the library? lol you're definitely having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xkSxQxUfDE2eeeFpwuhZ6Ua4MYL7RBwdYsusRDhoYUTlsPjCwg

Anyway, you're entitled to hold whatever opinion you like, just expect to be laughed out of whatever room you air it in. You seemingly have no problem with people chit chatting in the library but yet you want to ban laptops from the library? lol you're definitely having a laugh.

Laughed at? thats where you are wrong - other people actually respect my opinion and other people opinions, so maybe if you go and learn a little it would help! You're the one with the problem - and no I don't mind people having a whisper about work, but I haven't had the "noise" problems that you have been having, don't know where in the library you study, but wherever I've been its been quiet. So how bout you find a new hole in the library and study there.

I'm more important things to be doing than debating an issue over and over again with someone that just insults people when they don't think along their line - and you have a history of doing it and just causing hassle, I don't respect anyone that ninja edits what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Laughed at? thats where you are wrong - other people actually respect my opinion and other people opinions,

Shur they do.
    so maybe if you go and learn a little it would help! You're the one with the problem - and no I don't mind people having a whisper about work, but I haven't had the "noise" problems that you have been having, don't know where in the library you study, but wherever I've been its been quiet. So how bout you find a new hole in the library and study there.

But you are wrong and in the minority. Accept it. The library didn't just magic a campaign out of thin air for the crack, they did so because people complained about noise levels, clearly you feel aggrieved that you can't have your little chats and are now going off on one about laptop fans ffs. Show me a library where Laptops are banned, g'wan, find one, google it all you like, maybe then you'll realise how preposterous your line of argument is.
    I'm more important things to be doing than debating an issue over and over again with someone that just insults people when they don't think along their line - and you have a history of doing it and just causing hassle, I don't respect anyone that ninja edits what they say

LOL luv get off your high horse and untwist those knickers, this is the INTERNET, there's no need for the prissiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The turning of pages really gets to me when I'm trying to read/study on my laptop. I think those people should stick to the old part of the building specifically for books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

the hogging of space is a much bigger issue that the noise imo. And another thing, people who use laptops inside in the library and not in the specific room built for them - wish they'd go where there are plenty of sockets, instead of having the whir of fans and clicking when people are trying to read and study - pretty sure some people complaining about noise on here are guilty of that! Surprised it hasn't come up already about noise!

Your dead right! The tapping of keys on the laptop can become very annoying... I don't know why people can't use the room built for laptops... :(

Also another thing, why are we meant to be quiet downstairs? That room was originally built as more of a social area. The rules don't even seem to apply to everyone, some woman was allowed give a chat about Asia there couple of days ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Do us a favour love! you're clutching at straws here and making it up about the extension being specifically for people with laptops.
    Cop on with the condescending tone.
    Get lost wannabee moderator
    TBH, when I saw that, I thought what a pr*ck of a poster! Cut the condescending crap
    LOL luv get off your high horse and untwist those knickers, this is the INTERNET, there's no need for the prissiness.

*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement