Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadaffi - irish safe haven

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Maggie invading the Falklands didn't loose them that election. Regan invaded Grenada without consulting Congress. Don't get me started on terror used in "the war on terror" etc.

If letting him stay in one of the ghost estates (on €20 a week till his asylum was processed) could save lives then it's worth considering. He could avail of the free travel pass too.
    Let him bring an oil field with him and clear our national debt.
    The American and British media get on their high horse about these things while forgetting about the brutality theyve used in the recent past. But Libya is a strange country with its many tribes etc but I wouldnt bet against Gaddafi regaining control of the situation, he has lots of supporters as well as many enemies and as his son warned civil war could erupt and where there's an oil field there's an American invasion to "help" sort out the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I could clear out the hall closet and turn it into a snug bedroom for him, he is getting a rough time of it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Many people like him.
    Yes and many people also liked Stalin and Hitler as well. Your point?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yes and many people also liked Stalin and Hitler as well.
    They even liked each other for a while and were considered for a joint Nobel Peace Prize. But that was before all the unpleasentness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_ruling_non-royal_leaders

Bit like Cowan, trying to stay on a little longer just to beat the record.

In this case Omar Bongo who was president of Gabon for 41 years, 188 day

Guess who is currently on 41 years 175 days ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

You do realise you just claimed IRA membership right?

To be fair, if everybody who liked to imply they were members of the IRA actually were members of the IRA, they could have lifted the whole island up barehanded and tipped the British army out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Keith must be a ghost, he is that transparent.

Keith, you are a loyalist, dont throw stones

....at Catholic school children.

Ah I kid, I kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Omar Bongo is now my most favourite name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Interesting thread.

I have no doubt there will be people in Northern Ireland willing to keep him safe. After all, it was him who give weapons to the IRA to carry on the killing and some would say genocide.
    And some would say the Genocide took place long before that. Maybe your schooling didn't teach you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

At least he has his umbrella to take with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Its true though. He give weapons to the IRA to kill people.
    The british government under Tony Blair sold weapons to Gaddafi, not to mention Robert Mugabe.
    They obviously hold no grudge against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

He's actually not liked in republican circles nowadays

He's actually not liked in republican circles nowadays
    And why pray tell not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

fryup wrote: »
    Do you think the irish or more to the point sinn fein should provide a safe house for colonel Gadaffi,

I don't see why not, sure isn't one of the Gadaffi's of Drumcondra........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Give us a clue then. Ah, go on. Ye will, ye will , ye will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭older i get better i was

word is he'll be deck'n down in larry goodmans box room for a bit seen as our larry made a bleedn sack loada bugs bunny outta him back in the good ole days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

uncle gadda,what have you done.

blueser wrote: »
    Give us a clue then. Ah, go on. Ye will, ye will , ye will!!
    It's not Omar Bongo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

People were killed in the troubles because of their religion. The IRA did it too as we all know.

True. Terrorists on both sides were sectarian. The IRA frequently targetted protestants , and the INLA even went in to a church ( Darkley Co. Armagh ) and machine gun sprayed people inside at random. A bit less subtle than sniping at protestant farmers in border counties, which was also done. The UVF / UDA also carried out sectarian atrocities of course. There was no love lost between the extremists on both sides.
    Thankfully things are not as bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It's not Omar Bongo.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement