Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadaffi - irish safe haven

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think the irish or more to the point sinn fein should provide a safe house for colonel Gadaffi, i mean they owe him one after all the weapons he gave them back in the 80s.

And lets not forget about all the irish beef Libya bought from us over the years.

So lets cut the guy some slack and give him a nice seluded home in south armagh, i'm sure slab murphy has got a spare bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Computer says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

fryup wrote: »
    Do you think the irish or more to the point the IRA should provide a safe house for colonel Gadaffi, i mean they owe him one after all the weapons he gave them back in the 80s.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

eh, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

FYP

sinn fein/ira, no difference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Why not give him a house in Dublin. "Gadaffi's gaff" does have a nice ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

LOL..that didn't take long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Ian, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

South Armagh? Safe haven?

The Brits haven't quite left yet, you know. Don't think they would take too kindly to Gaddafi hiding out in their territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Not a bad idea. Perhaps, he can live in Célestin Lainé's old home. Surely, you remember that NAZI war criminal sentenced to death and protected by Dev and his FF chums? A man that died peacefully in 1983 and had never been expatriated by any government, FF or FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Ian, is that you?

Tbh I'm not even sure if Ian Paisley still uses the "Sinn Fein/IRA" slogan any more, I honestly believe there are some people in the Republic more intent on dragging up the past instead of looking to the future than even he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Don't think they would take too kindly to Gaddafi hiding out in their territory.
    It's not like they'd ever find him...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

the_syco wrote: »
    It's not like they'd ever find him...
    Yeah, I suppose he does look like one of the locals. He'd blend right in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

How about a seat in the Dáil??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Do you think the irish or more to the point sinn fein should provide a safe house for colonel Gadaffi, i mean they owe him one after all the weapons he gave them back in the 80s.

And lets not forget about all the irish beef Libya bought from us over the years.

So lets cut the guy some slack and give him a nice seluded home in south armagh, i'm sure slab murphy has got a spare bed.
    Interesting thread.

I have no doubt there will be people in Northern Ireland willing to keep him safe. After all, it was him who give weapons to the IRA to carry on the killing and some would say genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

How much rent would he pay do ya reckon?. Could be handy. Anyone got his number?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Why not give him a house in Dublin. "Gadaffi's gaff" does have a nice ring to it.

Sounds like RTE's next misjudged after school youth programme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

wouldn't fancy him as a housemate, never shuts up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

News just in .....

Tonly Blair has sent an '' unofficial '' request to his father in law , former actor Tony Booth , asking would he put Col Gadaffi up for a week or two in his house in Co Caven , just until things settle down . :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I think he prefers a tent. He brought his own when he came on a state visit to Paris last year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Now there's a good name for a nightclub. We can have Gadaffi as head barman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Actually, I think he might like a little place in Kildare. Is Martinstown House up for sale? Isn't that where Skorzeny lived for a while during the sixties?
    Ironically enough, our old buddy Muammar hired Otto and his little mercenary unit once upon a time.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Interesting thread.

I have no doubt there will be people in Northern Ireland willing to keep him safe. After all, it was him who give weapons to the IRA to carry on the killing and some would say genocide.

Are you serious?

Well in that case, 'some would say' the British Army are guilty of genocide by carrying out Bloody Sunday.

Obligatory rolleyes in 5...4....3....2.....1......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

There hasn't been a good enough facepalm to describe this.

Are you serious?

Well in that case, 'some would say' the British Army are guilty of genocide by carrying out Bloody Sunday.

Obligatory rolleyes in 5...4....3....2.....1......:rolleyes:
    Yep. Some would say genocide.

By some would say, do you mean you? Or do you have any facts/links to back up your statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Ethnic clensing is another word for what was tried in six counties by the British and loyalists!!

Dotsey wrote: »
    Ethnic clensing is another word for what was tried in six counties by the British and loyalists!!
    Thats another one people would use for the IRA. Good description.

By some would say, do you mean you? Or do you have any facts/links to back up your statement?
    Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 whadyasay

Exactly what race would this "genocide" have been committed on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Thats another one people would use for the IRA. Good description.

I would call that retaliation, etnic cleansing is were a group of people are targeted with hope of eradication ect. Look towards groups which outlaw said members of the ethnicity. Any way keith to be honest I have no sympathy for a group of people who deny people of other religions an effective vote, or rights to jobs and equal treatment, the same people turn on members of their own religion when they befriend members of another religion. When looking at the past its easy to pick out right and wrong but the point is in cases like this retaliation was going to happen its human nature and in the end the norths a better place with equal rights for all religions.

Advertisement