Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadaffi - irish safe haven

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

whadyasay wrote: »
    Exactly what race would this "genocide" have been commuted on?

A nasty race that discriminates against those of another religion even members of their own religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

steddyeddy wrote: »
    A nasty race that discriminates against those of another religion even members of their own religion.
    Nice. I don't think Gadaffi will move to the republic. He could be put on trial for crimes against humanity, then add in his part in the killing of Protestants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Now there's a good name for a nightclub. We can have Gadaffi as head barman.
    Hear hear.
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    Nice. I don't think Gadaffi will move to the republic. He could be put on trial for crimes against humanity, then add in his part in the killing of Protestants.
    That's Bollix.

Anybody who has a nightclub named after them, with such a cool sounding name as "Gadaffi's Gaff" will never be put on trial. It just wouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

How about we swap him for Paul Gogarty.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Interesting thread.

I have no doubt there will be people in Northern Ireland willing to keep him safe. After all, it was him who give weapons to the IRA to carry on the killing and some would say genocide.

You know you really don't portray your side in the best light keith baby...

• Advertisement

Keith for the one thousand time stop being sectarian, they were people their religion doesnt matter man! Were over seeing people as a religion surely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Gadaffi for Taoiseach, little ol Ireland can nuke europe yeah!!

Keith for the one thousand time stop being sectarian, they were people their religion doesnt matter man! Were over seeing people as a religion surely!
    No. People were killed in the troubles because of their religion. The IRA did it too as we all know.

Nodin wrote: »
    You know you really don't portray your side in the best light keith baby...
    Its true though. He give weapons to the IRA to kill people.

No. People were killed in the troubles because of their religion. The IRA did it too as we all know.

Keith if you werent being sectarian you would mention that gadaffi would be on trial for funding the deaths of people ( who were from different religions)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You know what I'm getting at.

And yes he did. Weapons to kill people.

Now theres a non sectarian statement, the ira killed catholics protestents or whatever religion, im not going to diservice their names by talking about religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Keith must be a ghost, he is that transparent.

Keith, you are a loyalist, dont throw stones

Keith if you werent being sectarian you would mention that gadaffi would be on trial for funding the deaths of people ( who were from different religions)
    Thats what im saying. That is what he did. Weapons came from him to the PIRA who killed people, some who got picked out because of their religion. Its not sectarian. Its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Colmo52 wrote: »
    How about a seat in the Dáil??

Well at least that would be the integrity level increased anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

He can bunk up with Larry Murphy in Trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Sure by all means let him stay here, maybe Bertie can appoint him to the Seanad.

Thats what im saying. That is what he did. Weapons came from him to the PIRA who killed people, some who got picked out because of their religion. Its not sectarian. Its true.

I dont understand kieth why would the ira kill catholics as well as protestents because of religion? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

fryup wrote: »
    Do you think the irish or more to the point sinn fein should provide a safe house for colonel Gadaffi, i mean they owe him one after all the weapons he gave them back in the 80s.

And lets not forget about all the irish beef Libya bought from us over the years.

So lets cut the guy some slack and give him a nice seluded home in south armagh, i'm sure slab murphy has got a spare bed.

I think so, he has proved himself to be a friend of the Celts when we gave us arms to fight the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think he prefers a tent. He brought his own when he came on a state visit to Paris last year. :D

I think it was John Snow who said that Gaddafi farts a lot, (that would be fun in a tent), apparently when John interviewed him a few years ago Gaddafi intermittently lifted a bum cheek and 'blew off' without even raising an eyebrow, and 'that picture' of Gadaffi in the disabled electric car with an umbrella is priceless, a bit like a scene from a Pink Panther film featuring Peter Sellers (in disguise) :D

• Advertisement

gadaffi would fit into the cast of bo selecta from the looks of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

This is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I personally would let him stay in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Whats going on in Libya at the moment really shows how bad Gaddafi is. Some of the images have been truely shocking and the man will do anything to stay in power. This is fairly graphic but soldiers were massacred for refusing to shoot unarmed protesters http://www.libyafeb17.com/?p=2048

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I think so, he has proved himself to be a friend of the Celts when we gave us arms to fight the enemy.
    Don't read up on any DNA analysis of the Irish population if you think we are pure Celts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

This is typical. All the ghost estates lying idle around the country and the OP thinks the shinners should invest in further construction projects so that some politician / asylum seeker can come over here and claim the dole. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

The Beloved Colonel Gaddafi - Friend of all civilizations (Including ancient civilizations)

You do realise you just claimed IRA membership right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Whats going on in Libya at the moment really shows how bad Gaddafi is. Some of the images have been truely shocking and the man will do anything to stay in power. This is fairly graphic but soldiers were massacred for refusing to shoot unarmed protesters http://www.libyafeb17.com/?p=2048
    Maggie invading the Falklands didn't loose them that election. Regan invaded Grenada without consulting Congress. Don't get me started on terror used in "the war on terror" etc.

If letting him stay in one of the ghost estates (on €20 a week till his asylum was processed) could save lives then it's worth considering. He could avail of the free travel pass too.

The Beloved Colonel Gaddafi - Friend of all civilizations (Including ancient civilizations)

You do realise you just claimed IRA membership right?
    Many people like him.

• Advertisement

Don't read up on any DNA analysis of the Irish population if you think we are pure Celts.

I would say african tribes would be the purest, maybe some of the tribes of india.

Advertisement