Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night Dinner - Friday at 10pm Channel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very fun first episode of the new series!
    Jim highlight as usual...Milson...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep like it was never away, that said the boys seem to have grown up they didn't sabotage each others glass of water once!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jim is amazing. I haven't always appreciated him enough as a character and in some episodes felt like they didn't really know what to do with him, but his involvement last night was pitch perfect.

Yep like it was never away, that said the boys seem to have grown up they didn't sabotage each others glass of water once!
    Ha ha I think you spoke too soon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread the lady who played Jackie's mother(Nice grandma) passed away in February.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread the lady who played Jackie's mother(Nice grandma) passed away in February.

I hadn't realised that. I follow Tom Rosenthal and Robert Popper on twitter and hadn't seen it mentioned. Just went back and had a look at their tweets. Neither said anything about it despite tweeting around that time but not that day. Popper posted a condolence the following day for musician Andrew weatherall. 3 days later they were paying about working on series 6.

Seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,039 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I didn't know Tom Rosenthal was Jim's son, or that he's done a, ehhh, stand-up show about his penis :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/aug/13/tom-rosenthal-manhood-foreskin-edinburgh

Life ain't always empty.

I must now use the facilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Didn't enjoy that episode at all, a real drop in quality

"Jibby" is beyond annoying, it's like she knows one (bad) accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Didn't enjoy that episode at all, a real drop in quality

"Jibby" is beyond annoying, it's like she knows one (bad) accent

The show has been mainly poor for the last couple of seasons, its watchable but not very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

siblers wrote: »
    The show has been mainly poor for the last couple of seasons, its watchable but not very funny.
    Gotta agree.. season 2 was the last one I genuinely enjoyed.

It's watchable and gets a laugh once or twice an episode but it's definitely far from it's prime.

I know a lot of people didn't like last week's episode, I still thought it was fun, this week was a big improvement, back to basics. Horrible grandma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Jim has become a parody of himself this season. He is in no way at all humurous.

The killing off of horrible grandma and then just saw Tom Rosenthal tweet pictures with her reminded me that there still doesnt seem to be any acknowledgment of the real life death of nice grandma that i could see. Bizarre.

The killing off of horrible grandma and then just saw Tom Rosenthal tweet pictures with her reminded me that there still doesnt seem to be any acknowledgment of the real life death of nice grandma that i could see. Bizarre.
    Robert Popper paid tribute to her after her death..

.. and the series was filmed before her death. So potentially an "In Memory Of.." before series end.

Basq wrote: »
    Robert Popper paid tribute to her after her death..

.. and the series was filmed before her death. So potentially an "In Memory Of.." before series end.

Fair enough. I had checked his twitter and didnt see anything.

Tonight's episode was one of the best in a long while. Martin banging on the cage was hilarious

Yeah, was definitely the best in a long time.

siblers wrote: »
    Tonight's episode was one of the best in a long while. Martin banging on the cage was hilarious

Agree defo the best episode this season haha I love Aunt val

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Yes last night was great.

Another thumbs up. Jim eating the Jewish rice pudding was tasty. Val is both hot and not at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Loved it. Watched it tonight with my 10&12 year old. They love it and if it’s bad parenting, in these horrible times, I don’t care. I’ll take the laughs where ever we get them. :)

Another thumbs up. Jim eating the Jewish rice pudding was tasty. Val is both hot and not at the same time.

This is completely irrelevant but I can't tell if she has a wig or not. I thought she did but last night's show made her hair look real.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aunty Val my god

The same league as Linda Block (Ali King) from Dream Team in hottest britsh TV women

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jim eating the rice pudding, trying not to puke and going shalom at the same time was the highlight of the series so far. Genuinely hilarious, Mark Heap is brilliant in this.

Was a very good final episode. Hopefully it will come back for a special of some kind

Loved the last episode....loved seeing "the Lucy"

I personally would love more episodes... fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Slightly ho hum for me, Martin as ever the real star esp his fantastically offkey attempts to talk to the girlfriends!

Advertisement