Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friday Night Dinner - Friday at 10pm Channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    Robert Popper paid tribute to her after her death..

.. and the series was filmed before her death. So potentially an "In Memory Of.." before series end.
    Noticed a dedication at the end of the last episode..

.. I'd say there's a good chance of a special at some stage but did feel quite final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Friday Night Dinner Night is coming to Channel 4 this Spring.

It includes a brand new 90 minute celebratory documentary ‘You Look Nice: The True Story of Friday Night Dinner' which will be followed by the nation’s Top 3 favourite Friday Night Dinner episodes - as voted by the British public.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/fridaynightdinnernight-announcement
    The documentary will delve into just why the show has touched so many hearts, including interviews with main cast - Tamsin Greig (Mum), Paul Ritter (Dad), Simon Bird (Adam), Tom Rosenthal (Jonny) - plus, of course, oddball neighbour, Mark Heap (Jim)

Friday Night Dinner Night will feature exclusive behind the scenes footage, insights and anecdotes from the cast and crew on making the series, interviews with Friday Night Dinner superfans and outtakes which have never been broadcast on British television until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul Ritter dies aged 54 from brain tumour

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul Ritter dies aged 54 from brain tumour

RIP

I’m so sad about this. So young. His poor family and friends. Loved him as an actor. He was brilliant in No Offence too. May he RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Great actor. Martin was suburban grotesque genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sh!t on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

These ****ing times, so sad and shocking, he was such a great actor and the character was hilarious

What a sad way for the series to end, no way will it work without him

Rip Paul Ritter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sh*t on it indeed. Martin was my favourite character (out of a show of many great characters.) I don't think anyone else could play him. Paul Ritter was great in Chernobyl too. RIP to him, will have a lovely bit of Squirrel in his honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very sad. An amazing actor! :(

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

Lovely bit of squirrel

RIP Paul Ritter

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Sh!t on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't know why I thought he was older :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sad to hear that. A great actor. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No way they can do another season or special

It just wouldn't work without Martin no matter what they try

I think it had run it's course other than the odd special maybe but yes that puts a lid on it bar the 10th anniversary show which is already done I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That's **** news. Was it an ongoing thing or just out of the blue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

RIP Paul...He was brilliant in Chernobyl also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

That's **** news. Was it an ongoing thing or just out of the blue ?

He'd been suffering with it according to the articles but not sure how long for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Rip Paul Ritter. He was brilliant as Martin, one of the funniest TV characters in recent years but he also was great at dramatic acting too, such sad news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

very sad news, I just watched the final episode the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    RIP Paul...He was brilliant in Chernobyl also.

Comrade Dyatlov in Chernobly. One of the most frightening characters on TV in recent years!

I didn't even realise until now it was the same guy from Friday Night Dinner.

That's desperately sad. Such a young age.
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Very sad news. I've just been watching a compilation of Martin's highlights on YouTube and I think there might be something in my eye. A bleeding bird just crapped in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Very sad news
    I thought he was older
    Good character and actor

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cracking actor very sad news.
    He stole every scene in Friday night dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    Friday Night Dinner Night is coming to Channel 4 this Spring.

Friday 28th May 2021 @ 9pm

Friday Night Dinner: 10 Years and a Lovely Bit of Squirrel
    A celebration of Robert Popper's comedy Friday Night Dinner, to mark its 10-year anniversary. The sitcom, which coined the catchphrase `lovely bit of squirrel", centred on the fortunes of the eccentric Goodman family and their even more surreal neighbour Jim. With behind-the-scenes material and never-before-seen outtakes, this documentary features interviews with stars including Tamsin Greig, Paul Ritter, Simon Bird, Tom Rosenthal, Mark Heap and Tracy-Ann Oberman. It also includes the thoughts of celebrity fans Claudia Winkleman, Joe Thomas, David Baddiel and Jessica Hynes.

Followed by the nation’s Top 3 favourite Friday Night Dinner episodes - as voted by the British public.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It also coined the catchphrase "shít on it" but they didn't mention that :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

It also coined the catchphrase "shít on it" but they didn't mention that :(

Shít on the shītting thing
    Any females?
    I'm boiling

• Advertisement

A lovely bit of Squirrel from 9 PM on Channel 4 90 minutes of looking back with outtakes, talking head ZCelebs etc and "top three episodes" as voted for already.

Advertisement