Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Since there's some activity on this thread now I'll ask you all something.

I'm trying to get a Rammstein tribute band going. I might have a drummer and I'll be taking care of vocals.

I need 2 guitarists, keyboardist and bass player.

Anyone?!

I play bass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nope, I'm going to be doing vocals and I might have a drummer ;)

Ha well I play Guitar, bass and drums so if you are ever stuck gis a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I'm trying to get a Rammstein tribute band going. I might have a drummer and I'll be taking care of vocals.

Anyone?!

I cant play anything, but Landers aint much cop anyway so I could take his role :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

@ DrumSteve - I see Wiener Blut was written about you haha

Thanks for the replies lads. There is however, another slight problem - logistics. I live in Thurles. Where are ye all from?

Thanks for the replies lads. There is however, another slight problem - logistics. I live in Thurles. Where are ye all from?

Man I wish though I did change my location after I heard that song... That **** be dark.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Man I wish though I did change my location after I heard that song... That **** be dark.

Wilkommen...IN DER DUNKELHEIT!!

If ever a song deserved a music video...

If ever a song deserved a music video...

And we're STILL waiting for "Mein Land" to be released! It's an epic track though!

And we're STILL waiting for "Mein Land" to be released! It's an epic track though!

Some tune alright... just would have loved to see what they would have done with the fritzl story... till kinda looks like him.

Some tune alright... just would have loved to see what they would have done with the fritzl story... till kinda looks like him.

Hahaha

I thought they might have done something with that when they released that Wiener Blut hoodie with Flake on the front of it. That's usually an indication but not this time :(

• Advertisement

Hahaha

I thought they might have done something with that when they released that Wiener Blut hoodie with Flake on the front of it. That's usually an indication but not this time :(

Was that just a pic from the Sonne video... can't really make it out?

Just in case anyone is having any doubts about getting tickets for this... Get those tickets... You'll not regret it!

I hope they play this...seen it live already but it's a hell of a tune.

Was that just a pic from the Sonne video... can't really make it out?

Nope, that one you're thinking of is richard with a huge guitar. That had the RAMMSTEIN logo in green across the top and the R+ in green on the back. Incidentally, it was my first ever Rammstein t-shirt :D

THIS is the one I'm talking about.

Nope, that one you're thinking of is richard with a huge guitar. That had the RAMMSTEIN logo in green across the top and the R+ in green on the back. Incidentally, it was my first ever Rammstein t-shirt :D

THIS is the one I'm talking about.

Ha that's an odd one alright, they could have probably done till up to look like him which would have been better. I got the GF one of those pussy t-shirts with the pink poodle at the Birmingham gig... she still wears it which give me a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Getting guys with instruments is one thing. But who has a flame thrower and other assorted Rammstein stage paraphernalia?

I'd say it'd be a great cover band to play in though. I hope you get it off the ground, einheisserschre!

scriba wrote: »
    Getting guys with instruments is one thing. But who has a flame thrower and other assorted Rammstein stage paraphernalia?

I'd say it'd be a great cover band to play in though. I hope you get it off the ground, einheisserschre!

I hope so too! Thanks scriba!

As for flamethrowers....

lynx_africa_bodyspray_1260.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=kpacTsSRMYLKhAfVopj4CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=653&vpy=176&dur=2391&hovh=200&hovw=200&tx=162&ty=116&sig=106811515347727758959&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

Zippo.jpg&w=800&h=979&ei=sZacTrSUB8-KhQeT4-X7CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=348&vpy=153&dur=633&hovh=248&hovw=203&tx=132&ty=114&sig=106811515347727758959&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=130&tbnw=112&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

Im from limerick city

Im from limerick city

By any chance do you know the lads in dark_matter?

By any chance do you know the lads in dark_matter?

Ive been to a good few of their gigs but I cant say that I know them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Anyone?!
    If I wasnt moving off to Vienna in 3 weeks I would love to, Good luck with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

How are tickets selling for this,Ive yet to pick one up?

Gamb!t wrote: »
    How are tickets selling for this,Ive yet to pick one up?

When I posted a few days ago, there was 1500 left. Mostly in the tiers/balcony. Not many standing ones left at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I may have posed this at some time past but can't remember .... I have a few German native/speaking friends and they all say that once you understand the lyrics of Rammstein the wheels start to come off the whole thing. I'm 2 weeks into a learning German course so in no position to comment but I've looked at translations to a few songs and they can be pretty ropey. I do love the music and booked my concert tix within mins of release so I'm not approaching this negatively.

So, to the German language speakers who do enjoy Rammstein, how do you resolve this or is there even anything to resolve? Does it even matter? Danke :)

old gregg wrote: »
    I may have posed this at some time past but can't remember .... I have a few German native/speaking friends and they all say that once you understand the lyrics of Rammstein the wheels start to come off the whole thing. I'm 2 weeks into a learning German course so in no position to comment but I've looked at translations to a few songs and they can be pretty ropey. I do love the music and booked my concert tix within mins of release so I'm not approaching this negatively.

So, to the German language speakers who do enjoy Rammstein, how do you resolve this or is there even anything to resolve? Does it even matter? Danke :)

To be honest, I know what the lyrics are about and it doesn't bother me (Check out Spiel Mit Mir for instance). It's all about the music and melody and also a lot of pyro.

Actually since when have lyrics mattered anyway? (I am the table springs to mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Does it even matter?
    Without specific reference to Rammstein my personal belief is that it's all about the music, the quality of the lyrics is a distant second. I could name a dozen bands writing lyrics in Finnish, Polish, Russian, Ukranian, French, German, Japanese, Romanian, Moldovan or Gaulish which, with a few exceptions, I have no idea what is being sung about. The music still appeals to me more than plenty of bands singing in English.

well, the lyrics don't bother me either and yes I too listen to music that contains lyrics in different languages and all that good stuff, but in this instance the question relates specifically to Rammstein and how the lyrics are perceived by German speakers.

well, the lyrics don't bother me either and yes I too listen to music that contains lyrics in different languages and all that good stuff, but in this instance the question relates specifically to Rammstein and how the lyrics are perceived by German speakers.

Does it matter?

Lyrics only matter in the context of how you perceive them, not anyone else.

Does it matter?

Lyrics only matter in the context of how you perceive them, not anyone else.

I'll give up on this. How I perceive the lyrics has nothing to do with the question.

I'll give up on this. How I perceive the lyrics has nothing to do with the question.

Well you asking how an entire community of German speakers feel about it...? Nobody can speak for all of them though I would imagine they feel the same as the rest of us... Some probably like it, some probably dont, most probably dont care. :p

• Advertisement

the question was posed to German speakers who are Rammstein fans on this forum. No one else. Nothing to do with my perceptions. Nothing to do with other languages. Nothing to do with anything other than a pretty unimportant question that turned into a proposed learning experience for me in how unimportant my personal perceptions of lyrics are.

Advertisement