Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Actually I'd like it if they got Slayer in to support....

Yeah, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Got my ticket ordered today. where are we all meeting for a frew beers before hand. been wanting to go see them ever since i seen them on kerrang and scuzz got a few live dvds and the albums cant wait.

p.s any on here also goign to the maiden gig in belfast???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Actually I'd like it if they got Slayer in to support....

Yeah, that'd be great.
    Good thinking man, I'd like that too. But alas nae! I do admire your optimism, though.

Sure bring Fantômas over to play the O2 in support, that will fill the Dave Lombardo quota. ;) But Fantômas playing their wacky shit in the Point?? Yeah right! And pigs fly...

"Oh look, a flying pig."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

am I the only one who doesn't like slayer? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Links234 wrote: »
    I feel your pain mate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm not a huge fan, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

villains77 wrote: »
    Got my ticket ordered today. where are we all meeting for a frew beers before hand. been wanting to go see them ever since i seen them on kerrang and scuzz got a few live dvds and the albums cant wait.

p.s any on here also goign to the maiden gig in belfast???

Plenty of time to organise a pre gig piss up, i'd say get the discussion on it started early January, def gonna happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

nope, I dislike Slayer even more than the other metal band I dislike (from an unrelated thread) :p

Along the way, anyone thoughts of what tracks they'd like the 'Made In Germany 1995 - 2011' album to be made up of?

Actually I'll think you'll find more people don't like than do like them...

They are a bit like marmite really.
    old gregg wrote: »
    nope, I dislike Slayer even more than the other metal band I dislike (from an unrelated thread) :p

Along the way, anyone thoughts of what tracks they'd like the 'Made In Germany 1995 - 2011' album to be made up of?

My own personal guess would be say, 3 from each.

Herzeleid (though there are so many good songs on that album it'll be hard to choose):
    1)Du Reischt So Gut
    2)Seemann
    3)Herzeleid

Sehnsucht(Though it'd be interesting if they put speil mit mir/ rein raus on there):
    1) Buch Dich
    2) Du Hast
    3) Engle

Mutter:
    1) Ich Will
    2) Feuer Frei
    3) Mein Herzt Brennt (?)

Reise Reise:
    1) Mein Teil
    2) Keine Lust
    3) Amerika

Rosenrot
    1) Benzin
    2) Stirb nicht vor mir
    3) Tu Quiero Puta (I hope)

LIFAD
    1) Pussy
    2) Weiner Blut (I Hope)
    3) Ich Tu Dir Weh (though this may cause problems with the censors, so it'll might either Haifisch or Weidmanns Heil)

That leaves one track over + The new track.

I'm probably completely wrong though their albums are so dense the best this cd can do is just give a snapshot of where they were at the time of recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Herzeleid (though there are so many good songs on that album it'll be hard to choose):
    1)Du Reischt So Gut
    2)Seemann
    3)Herzeleid

Sehnsucht(Though it'd be interesting if they put speil mit mir/ rein raus on there):
    1) Buch Dich
    2) Du Hast
    3) Engle

Mutter:
    1) Ich Will
    2) Feuer Frei
    3) Mein Herzt Brennt (?)

Reise Reise:
    1) Mein Teil
    2) Keine Lust
    3) Amerika

Rosenrot
    1) Benzin
    2) Stirb nicht vor mir

LIFAD
    1) Pussy
    2) Weiner Blut (I Hope)
    3) Ich Tu Dir Weh (though this may cause problems with the censors, so it'll might either Haifisch or Weidmanns Heil)

The 3 off each would be the obvious assumption but theres not really a sensible way they can do it like that unless they just want to make it nice and even, but I cant see why they would want to.

My personal opinion is that there will only be 1 song off Rosenrot, Benzin.

With regards to Herzeleid id say you have 2/3 right, with Asche Zu Asche likely to replace Herzeleid imo. With Weisses Fleisch in with a very good shout too.

Id say you could be spot on with the 3 off Sehnsucht.

On Mutter, there aint a hope in hell Sonne aint making their greatest hits album. So probably would just replace Mein Herz Brennt from your list. And probably throw in Rein Raus and Links too!

Reise Reise is where my logic starts to twist a bit, seeing as only Keine Lust was retained for the last leg of touring I would assume that would be retained, and I also think Ohne Dich is in with a good shout because there aint too many of the ballady stuff beforehand barring Seemann. Though I cant see Amerika or Mein Teil not being there either.

With regards to LIFAD, Pussy and Ich Tu Dir Weh have to be there, and I personally dont think anything else will be.

So thats 20 including Mein Land (if indeed it will be the single). I really dont know at all though and could be completely wrong with everything :D. We shall have to wait impatiently to see I suppose

• Advertisement

The 3 off each would be the obvious assumption but theres not really a sensible way they can do it like that unless they just want to make it nice and even, but I cant see why they would want to.

My personal opinion is that there will only be 1 song off Rosenrot, Benzin.

With regards to Herzeleid id say you have 2/3 right, with Asche Zu Asche likely to replace Herzeleid imo. With Weisses Fleisch in with a very good shout too.

Id say you could be spot on with the 3 off Sehnsucht.

On Mutter, there aint a hope in hell Sonne aint making their greatest hits album. So probably would just replace Mein Herz Brennt from your list. And probably throw in Rein Raus and Links too!

Reise Reise is where my logic starts to twist a bit, seeing as only Keine Lust was retained for the last leg of touring I would assume that would be retained, and I also think Ohne Dich is in with a good shout because there aint too many of the ballady stuff beforehand barring Seemann. Though I cant see Amerika or Mein Teil not being there either.

With regards to LIFAD, Pussy and Ich Tu Dir Weh have to be there, and I personally dont think anything else will be.

So thats 20 including Mein Land (if indeed it will be the single). I really dont know at all though and could be completely wrong with everything :D. We shall have to wait impatiently to see I suppose

Yeah the problem with making this list up is they are leaving out equally as good songs when they put songs on it!

Gotta just wait... I own them all already but I suppose i'll probably get this too...!

Gotta just wait... I own them all already but I suppose i'll probably get this too...!

You and me both brother!

You and me both brother!

It'll be interesting to see the setlist for the o2 gig... if it's a greatest hit's set, I may cream my pants.

It'll be interesting to see the setlist for the o2 gig... if it's a greatest hit's set, I may cream my pants.

Haha cream on so, from the Rammstein Website:

" "Made In Germany 1995 – 2011"!
    The machinery of RAMMSTEIN Live is hauling across the whole of Europe, starting 6 November 2011 and bringing the essence of 16 years to the stage. With a completely new show, RAMMSTEIN at its best! "

I recognise it to be a lost cause but deep down I'd hope Pussy to not be included. I find it a pretty weak track. And it's the only song I have to skip when the kids are around :p

I recognise it to be a lost cause but deep down I'd hope Pussy to not be included. I find it a pretty weak track. And it's the only song I have to skip when the kids are around :p

TBH it doesn't really fit in with the rest of LIFAD... but live,that song is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Actually I'll think you'll find more people don't like than do like them...

They are a bit like marmite really.

1)Du Reischt So Gut
    2)Seemann
    3)Herzeleid

1) Buch Dich
    2) Du Hast
    3) Engle

Mutter:
    1) Ich Will
    2) Feuer Frei
    3) Mein Herzt Brennt (?)

Reise Reise:
    1) Mein Teil
    2) Keine Lust
    3) Amerika

Rosenrot
    1) Benzin
    2) Stirb nicht vor mir

LIFAD
    1) Pussy
    2) Weiner Blut (I Hope)

I'm probably completely wrong though their albums are so dense the best this cd can do is just give a snapshot of where they were at the time of recording.

This release is a BEST OF man, not a FEW GOOD TRACKS WITH RUBBISH IN BETWEEN :D

This release is a BEST OF man, not a FEW GOOD TRACKS WITH RUBBISH IN BETWEEN :D

I kinda picked that as it was fairly big in Europe (I think)...

Also Pussy is a great tune :P

TBH it doesn't really fit in with the rest of LIFAD... but live,that song is amazing.

it had better be amazing live cos I'll have the wife with me at the Point and she's never heard the song cos I keep skipping past it in the house/car when she or the kids are around :p

it had better be amazing live cos I'll have the wife with me at the Point and she's never heard the song cos I keep skipping past it in the house/car when she or the kids are around :p

Ah believe me it is... not going to ruin the surprise for you but Till does something a bit "different" during that song.

• Advertisement

My face turned into a big red parier mache ball, and my prized Omar from The Wire t shirt was dyed pink after it when I saw them! Twas worth it though :D

Ah believe me it is... not going to ruin the surprise for you but Till does something a bit "different" during that song.
    My face turned into a big red parier mache ball, and my prized Omar from The Wire t shirt was dyed pink after it when I saw them! Twas worth it though :D

now I'm even more worried than ever. For sale Rammstein 2 tickets :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't be expecting any support band, got my tickets and just has Rammstein on it, does NOT have 'plus support'.
    Not entirely surprised as when I've seen them before they had no support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't be expecting any support band, got my tickets and just has Rammstein on it, does NOT have 'plus support'.
    Not entirely surprised as when I've seen them before they had no support.

Saw them twice and both times they had one or more support acts

Clawfinger in 2001 was epic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Saw them last year and they followed Pink so anything would be an improvement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Rammstein have one or two good songs... the rest are ****ing awesome..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rockchic7

its guna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i went in and bought my ticket the other day and the guy at the counter said to tell people to go and to buy tickets because apparently they arent selling at all... which is not good, hope it doesnt get cancelled due to lack of interest..!! my ticket is number 127 and that was bought on the 17th of this month (AUG)..

please dont let it get cancelled :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

i went in and bought my ticket the other day and the guy at the counter said to tell people to go and to buy tickets because apparently they arent selling at all... which is not good, hope it doesnt get cancelled due to lack of interest..!! my ticket is number 127 and that was bought on the 17th of this month (AUG)..

please dont let it get cancelled :(
    And it's probably the only place big enough to hold the show too, considering the pyrotechnics and all that. I really hope it picks up a bit. Come on Irish people, I thought you were event-junkies!

Advertisement