Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue lights driving- problems???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭CaseyRyback

You might not do it but there sure is gardai who do do it.

I was seeing a garda who collected me from college, in the squad car and put the sirens on. Maybe he was showing off, but he did it anyway.

I expect you lodged a formal complaint at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

foinse wrote: »
    Don't call me "son", It is very rude and condescending, and I won't engage with someone who is being condescending towards me.
    Well said !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

You might not do it but there sure is gardai who do do it.

I was seeing a garda who collected me from college, in the squad car and put the sirens on. Maybe he was showing off, but he did it anyway.

I would still always pull over if I saw any emergency vehicle coming my way.

You were in one Garda car who, as you said you knew.

One Garda does not mean all Gardaí :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I expect you lodged a formal complaint at the time.

Hardly.
    swiftblade wrote: »
    You were in one Garda car who, as you said you knew.

One Garda does not mean all Gardaí :)

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that all Gardai do it, but I don't believe that none do it. :) And that wasn't the only time, I've gotten lifts off Garda home plenty of times.

Just to point out as well, I didn't realise he was going to be collecting me in the squad car and I was actually mortified. Would ruin my street credit if I was seen :P

Hardly.

Just to point out as well, I didn't realise he was going to be collecting me in the squad car and I was actually mortified. Would ruin my street credit if I was seen :P

I see. So on principle you refused to be carried in the vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

foinse wrote: »
    People in this country just can't drive full stop. Someone in this thread said that sirens make people instinctively pull into the left. If people were able to drive properly in this country, they would make an assessment as they should with every obstacle (anything not your car or the road) they encounter. ie... look out front window, look out side windows and check all blind spots. check mirrors and keep scanning the area, constantly checking the mirrors until the see the obstacle and are able to react to it. In this case an emergency services vehicle.

People should be doing this driving down the road. checking everything around them and looking out for obstacles. but instead they cultivate bad habits and don't pay attention to what's going on around them.

Very well said. I've driven with lights/sirens on and seen the type of obstruction/ignorance etc that started this thread. But I'm also a motorcyclist and nothing scares the bejesus out of me quite like hearing a siren when I'm on the bike. People are liable to do absolutely anything but look around them when they hear one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I see. So on principle you refused to be carried in the vehicle?

Is there a law against me getting a lift home off a Garda? If there is i'll refuse in future, if not I'll continue to let them bring me home.

Is there a law against me getting a lift home off a Garda? If there is i'll refuse in future, if not I'll continue to let them bring me home.

Well your first post raised your trip in a cop car as a form of complaint. Then you posted that to be seen would harm your street credit (were you perchance going to top up your street credit in the police car....)? Now you post that its an every day occurrence.

Your posts suggest an active fantasy life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

This thread has run its course and is now heading way off topic.

Chief---

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement