Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret Circle (US Pace) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Anyone else watching this still? I've gotten up to episode 7 now in about two days. Quite surprised by how good I'm finding it, these kind of shows generally don't interest me at all.

Though I think I'll have to stop watching it now - Faye's dressed as the sexy witch doctor at the beginning has now set the par and the rest can only be sure to disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yeah, the show has won me over too. Had to actually go back and rewatch the first few eps again. It's funny how much I enjoy them now after watching eps 5-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It didn't really grab me fully until about Ep 5. I have to admit I'm hooked now and I'm dying to see where they'll be taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Up to date on the episodes I'm watching it online rather than waiting for SKY to catch up :rolleyes:

Is it just me or is there always an excuse for people to get naked in this! I liked the episode but it wasn't amazing.

Something I can't quite figure out is Henry's death, when Cassie's grandmother went to see him she got the crystal to bring him back to life and according to Luke you could only kill a witch with the little spell and potion he had! I'm really confused :confused:

I'm not sure what's going on with Adam he loves Diana but then gets jealous easily over Cassie! I'm not sure if he's a convincing actor for the role.

Finally the adults story line is back I was wondering what was going on there.

Still has me excited.. I need more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement

Jaysus! What am I going to do when it takes a break :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

The 3 most disgusting words in American TV vocabulary.....Mid-season finale!

Haven't watched it yet but it seems good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My guess is Faye is the other Blackwell child but is she too obvious Diana perhaps

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My guess is Faye is the other Blackwell child but is she too obvious Diana perhaps

It's deffo Faye who is the other Blackwell child, they kinda telegraphed that with Cassie's grandma talking about Faye's mother and Blackwell being smitten, least she was.....but yeah, 100% Faye.

That'll be interesting!...we know Faye is a bad girl and loves using her powers so having access to black magic could make for interesting plots ahead...anyone think by seasons end Faye will get snuffed? :eek:

Meh @ Jake being the good guy afterall, pah!...you saw it coming since he first appeared, you knew he'd join the circle.

But overall it wasn't the greatest mid season finale, was expecting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

whats this show like? sky is advertising ita lotis it created by them and i couldnt help but wonder what this is like, looks a bit weird..has that same sort of feel as twilight (and i dont dig twilight)so thats sort of turning me off the show. should i still watch?
    thanks.

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    whats this show like? sky is advertising ita lotis it created by them and i couldnt help but wonder what this is like, looks a bit weird..has that same sort of feel as twilight (and i dont dig twilight)so thats sort of turning me off the show. should i still watch?
    thanks.

It's kind of like pretty little liars meets magic! I'm totally hooked on it.

Yes I was thinking Faye was the other Blackwell child but you never know with this show it could end up being Melissa when you'd least expect it :rolleyes:

The finale was alright nothing too dramatic happened but still kept me interested. I'm getting a bit frustrated with the adults story line though it doesn't seem like anything is happening!

^ dunno about the PLL comparison, it's more like a tv version of The Craft, it's *trying* to be more then it currently is, much like TVD was in season 1, as in much like TVD wanted to be the mainstream True Blood, we see in TSC that they are trying to harden it up.

They'll kill off main characters, plenty of flesh on display, it's got quite dark since ep. 4 or 5...it wants to be better then it currently is, and i like it for that. The effects are very decent, the girls are hawt, the acting and main stories could be better but it has held my interest more then say Ringer or Hart Of Dixie.

I find myself watching this before other CW shows....it's a companion show to TVD and if they can just find the right stories and arc to tell i think we'll have the next TVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope they are better than two wooden tools that is Jake and Adam

Sandra, I miss the Secret Circle dearly. Some scoop would make this a truly Happy Thanksgiving! — Kelly
    As if Charles’s life is wasn’t already about to get more complicated — with the impending arrival of his mother — now his high school-ex his headed to town as well! The show is currently casting the role of Lauren, described as a “haunted” woman with a “dark strength” that lurks beneath her timid surface. And casting scoop indicates she’s not too friendly with Mrs. Meade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm not getting this show at all. it comes across as being quite silly. I'd think it helps if you're a teenager and I'm about 20 years outside it's target demographic probably but it comes across as a bunch of dumbass horny teenagers pissing about with magic and an bunch of stupid adults who havne't much better to do than do likewise! I can't believe it's a CW show. I generally like what the network shows!

squonk wrote: »
    I'm not getting this show at all. it comes across as being quite silly. I'd think it helps if you're a teenager and I'm about 20 years outside it's target demographic probably but it comes across as a bunch of dumbass horny teenagers pissing about with magic and an bunch of stupid adults who havne't much better to do than do likewise! I can't believe it's a CW show. I generally like what the network shows!

Squonk....TV Fanatic have a report card/summary of the show thus far.....might be a good read for you + others iffy about the show :)

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/11/the-secret-circle-midseason-report-card-b/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Squonk....TV Fanatic have a report card/summary of the show thus far.....might be a good read for you + others iffy about the show :)

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/11/the-secret-circle-midseason-report-card-b/

Thanks! I've been watching it all along and while it started out well up my 'must watch' index, it's started to slip and by now it's at the 'Oh I've nothing left to watch, I'll throw on Circle' status.

really liking this show!characters are great, but I dont like the 2 guys in the circle there very...emotionless or something I dont know I just dont like them. Like all the other characters though.now on episode 3 :)

• Advertisement

TSC_Fan2: Anything on The Secret Circle would be great! Specifically anything on the flashback episode.
    Don't call it a flashback! When we chatted with Andrew Miller about Secret Circle's trip down memory lane when the show returns in January, he was quick to point out that these aren't traditional flashbacks. "I don't call them flashbacks exactly, but within the first bunch when we get back, we have this obligation to the fans and to the characters to enlighten everyone about what went on 16 years ago." So, how are they doing the flashbacks? Miller wouldn't say, but he did tease that they're "doing it in a really, really cool way." Color us intrigued!

Lindsx11: Secret Circle please?!
    Faye (Phoebe Tonkin) is getting a new boy toy! When we brought up Faye's dry spell to Miller, he assured us the coven's resident bad witch will be getting a love interest. "Believe me, she's been love interest-less for too long and that changes immediately in the next episode," he tells us. So who's the lucky guy? While Miller wouldn't give us a specific name, we're thinking it's Lee, the mysterious new guy played by Friday Night Lights' Grey Damon. Miller says, "He's pretty hot on the show, and he's a love interest that starts pretty soon.

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_scoop_on_glee_american/281827#ixzz1h7b61j00

this show got absolutely amazing after ep 2! so shocked
    when jason died :eek: couldnt believe it, is the circle not broken now?
    The characters are great! really like them all:)

s there any hope for Adam and Diana on The Secret Circle? —Jaime
    NATALIE: Sorry to break it to you, Jaime, but Diana is moving on. "She's going to be struggling for a bit," executive producer Andrew Miller says, "but you can't keep that girl away from love because she's too amazing, so there will be love for Diana in this half of the season. It'll just come from an unexpected place."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Castle-Housewives-Spoilers-1041035.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Caught up with this over the xmas and...WOW. Each ep getting better and better.

Poor Cassie, she's getting a rough time of it. Who'd of thought a nice little granny trying to kill her :eek:

I read some link I think Richard posted and the producers saying it would be darker in this half...jeez I didn't think it would happen straight away on its return. I think the latest ep was one of my favorites of the season. Although the scene where Adam pops into Diane's room saying sorry to Cassie was a bit silly. I hope they ease off the arc of Adam & Cassie meant to be together. I don't think it works as well as the Cassie - Jake one.

One thing though the witch killer stuff that Diane found in the grannies bag wasn't used on Cassie? Maybe the grannie is going to use that on Dawn? Maybe I'm wrong there

Mid season premiere was EPIC!! Can't believe how dark the writers actually went.
    Agree with Dave re:Cassie & Adam. There's no chemistry between them, or at least I don't see it.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Mid season premiere was EPIC!! Can't believe how dark the writers actually went.
    Agree with Dave re:Cassie & Adam. There's no chemistry between them, or at least I don't see it.

Adam is a terrible actor imo, I like cassie though. In fact all the girl characters are really well developed and great actresses, faye is really funny and my favourite character.dianna, melissa and cassie are great too. But I really hate all the male characters in the circle...adam and the guy who died are and were so dull and thought they were way too cool, jake is not so bad but nowhere near as good a character as the female characters. I agree no chemistry between cassie and adam, not much with jake either but more than adam atleast.

The problem with Dekker is he's way too feminine, and no attempt at acting can compensate for that.

The problem with Dekker is he's way too feminine, and no attempt at acting can compensate for that.

hows he feminine?other than his weird hair I wouldnt have thought he was very feminine:p

He's not a leading man. It's hard to put it into words, but he's almost too pretty..bordering on girl pretty [giveup]

• Advertisement

He's not a leading man. It's hard to put it into words, but he's almost too pretty..bordering on girl pretty [giveup]

oh ye i get you, ye he looks sort of feminine, I thought you were talking more so about him acting feminine.

Advertisement