Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret Circle (US Pace) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ep. 3 was solid, more action and threat. they've started to flesh out the coven a bit more + i think it's good the newly formed circle now has limits on there powers, they now need two or more witches to have any power, the more of them together the more power they have.

This is a good thing imo, as it limits the abilities of each member, we're slowly getting more of an idea about the previous circles backstory, i still remain firm that Faye is the best character!, she's a total bitch....but i love her sass and her independence and witt, course i suspect it's all a front, much like Nick....he's being a total dick to Melissa but he's pretty messed up.

I'm hoping they introduce some more baddies or even another teen circle, or maybe others are doing witchy things besides the circle of six. But three eps. in and it's beem solid stuff, it's not as edgy or dark as TVD and it does tend to tween things up, but it's better then i expected and certainly holding my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gale Harold is best thing about the show for me

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gale Harold is best thing about the show for me

Liz...do you watch shows?...you rarely ever review, just brief comments?

Liz...do you watch shows?...you rarely ever review, just brief comments?

Yes but I wasnt overly taken with this show I enjoyed the adult storyline more and of course Gale Harold :p

Tonights ep. is supposed to start a new tone to the show, going dark: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/secret-circle-season-1-episode-4-heather-preview/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 4 was great! Getting nice and dark, plus great wire work and special effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

A bit late getting around to watching this. I quite enjoyed the pilot episode I find Faye a pretty good bad girl and Cassie part was chosen well.

I might stream the other episodes later to catch up with SKY and then watch it weekly.

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 4 was great! Getting nice and dark, plus great wire work and special effects.

Agreed!...seen it last night, wow!...it was WAY more scary then American Horror Story! :eek:

Very dark, creepy....Camille Sullivan was excellent, that stunt/wirework scene.... :eek: , jumping upward looked quality, plus....the end! :eek:

I was sure it was Nick gonna be infected by the demon, but just at the end....melissa! :eek:

Best episode yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

^ CW promo clowns at it again. It's either their typical shenanigans or they've just exposed a significant turn of events with a poster. The actor playing Nick is credited through episode six like the others.

Ep 4 was decent. I just hope the absence of the parents in an episode doesn't happen too often.
    OakeyDokey wrote: »
    A bit late getting around to watching this. I quite enjoyed the pilot episode I find Faye a pretty good bad girl and Cassie part was chosen well.

And don't forget Diana! She's a sultry witch that one.

tumblr_lsct9qBQpy1qcl3cro1_250.gif

tumblr_lsju1u1HZg1qkt51oo1_500.gif

• Advertisement

That's brilliant :)

I watched episode three tonight and there's a lot more suspense and action going on. I can't sum up into words just how much I love Faye's character, she's a total bad girl but at the same time she's a great friend
    Kicking Nick's butt into being more considerate to Melissa

I'm trying to watch it once a week on SKY but I doubt I'll be able to keep from watching it online sooner :rolleyes:

I think Shelley Henning is a stunner but i just think Pheobe Tonkin is super HOT!....that Jessica Parker Kennedy has HUGE boobs!!!!!!...jesus, did you see her in that bra????

Preview for tonights ep. love is in the air [and a demon] http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/secret-circle-season-1-episode-5-hennig-dekker/

^^
    I see what you mean there.. Britt Robertson aka Cassie is the only one that I can see being 16/17 the rest seem a lot more grown up.

Episode 4 was really good, I couldn't stop myself streaming it :rolleyes: I think it's getting more real for them now and they have to be careful how they use their magic. Heather's character gave a few hints of what happened at the fire and we now know a bit more of what is coming after them
    Demons

So I'm curious about what's going to happen next with
    the snake/demon that got into Melissa's ear!

Lirange wrote: »
    ^ CW promo clowns at it again. It's either their typical shenanigans or they've just exposed a significant turn of events with a poster. The actor playing Nick is credited through episode six like the others.

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Nick = RIP :( , woah!....killing off one of the coven?....balsy move man!, didn't expect that! :eek: ...now if this sets a presedent and everyone could get the chop we'd have a real edgy/cracker of a show!

Some very good acting from Jessica Parker Kennedy i thought, being posessed. There was another good wirework scene when Melissa threw Nick against the wall. That was yet again a very solid and engaging offering...definately the best new CW show of the season!

In addition, the circle is broken...so what now?, my guess?....as per the books there was originally 12 witches!, so i think another one of the families will join the coven, perhaps the new guy they are bringing in next week?....Faye's ex.

Wow brilliant episode :)

Is it not strange that Nick is credited for 6 episodes though? Maybe the rest of them will come together and bring him back to life him or something? I'm still in shock that he was killed off.. he's one of the coven for God sake! I do like that it's not being predictible though :D

It's also interesting that Cassie has told Jane, usually secrets are kept hidden until last minute in shows like this. The fact that she had to use a crystal might mean she also lost her powers, I can't wait to see what she does in the next episode. What is she going to do about the coven?

I'm liking Melissa, I want to see her more. Her character has been kept quite and it was good seeing her playing a leading part and really showing how good of an actor she is.

It seems Charles and Dawn are getting guilty and realizing their in over their head. I'm wondering will they carry on with their plans or will they be caught out.

Becoming one of my favorite shows :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deeper and deeper into darkness.
    Cracking episode - I really like this show.

Shame that poster last week foreshadowed the surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I have to say, I really hope Nick is gone. He's such a wooden actor. I wasn't sad to see him drown!

Great episode. Some really good scenes this week.

shinny wrote: »
    I have to say, I really hope Nick is gone. He's such a wooden actor. I wasn't sad to see him drown!

He is dead, according to the producer: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/secret-circle-season-1-episode-5-nick/

Wow it's such a bold move for them to do early on in the show but I am liking it :D I wasn't too gone on Nick but I liked him in this episode and now he's gone :(

Next episode should be good I'm excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Wow surprised they killed off one of the coven, wish I hadn't seen that poster as about 30 minutes in I realised what was going to happen. I am really surprised the grandmother now knows, it will be interesting if she tries to stop them practicing magic or if she will get in touch with the elders about the circle.

shinny wrote: »

I preferred him to Adam myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I preferred him to Adam myself

Me too. Dekker's not a horrible actor but he always comes across as a wet noodle.

Great episode though. Just caught up.

Only a few more hours till the next episode and I'm busting with anticipation :) This has quickly became my favorite tv show :D

Alright episode, not too crazy but just enough action to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Charles seems to be riddled with guilt about killing Nick, this could end up keeping him from completing the plans to get his powers back.

First impressions of Jake are good, I like him as a character. So he's a witch and a witch hunter :confused: I wonder how long it will last! He's warming to Cassie pretty quick and I can almost see a rivalry happen between himself and Adam over her.

Faye is obviously not over Jake I think she might try get back with him, again, I can see her taking a lot out on Cassie if she sees Jake taking an interest.

Adam + Diana = OVER!! I thought it would be another while before a split happened between them but I like that about this show it's so unpredictable :D

I got such a tingly feeling when I saw JR Bourne at the end of the episode... He plays a deadly werewolf hunter in Teen Wolf so I'm looking forward to what he will bring to the show as a witch hunter.

Next week can't come quick enough.....

Grand episode I was shocked by Luke's reveal I didn't see it coming, him being a witch hunter and all.

So Cassie has dark magic inside her, I can't say I was surprised finding it out as I had my thoughts that there would be something to make her superior to the group. I have a suspicion that her father was some dark magic witch or something evil and passed some of it on to her. I'm curious to find out more on her father and can't wait to see what those old documents were that were left to her.

Really enjoying how this series is going but has the adults story line disappeared? There hasn't been much on it in the past two episodes.

Thought it was another solid effort, despite some VERY dodgy acting from Shelley Henning....um, love...you're chained up and about to be liked....show some fear on your face!, i wasn't that aghased by the Luke twist, Zachary Abel was a douche on MIOBI....no different here, great stunt scene though with him being on fire!

Some nice witchy effects once again, flying bat etc., Cassie is evil eh?....John Blackwell?...is it me or is there ALOT of bouncing boobs, low cut tops, undies, nalf naked girls on display?

Britt Robertson is boucing away goodo in her not there tops, boobs bouncing all over the shop!, Pheobe Tonkin was practically topless!...jaysus, no back and barely a sliver covering her front. Henning in undies, Kessica Kennedy has had numerous near nude bed romps.

Not complaining though!!!!!! :D

Enjoyable ep. yet again, nice sister show to TVD.

This is a piss take recap! :p

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/reviews/entertainment-reviews/16945-secret-circle-masked.html

• Advertisement

Still very much holding my interest, i much perfer Britt Robertson in this as opposed to Life Unexpected, anyone who watched it knew how much of a lying brat Lux turned into during season 2 :mad:

I liked that truth or dare scene, helped greatly by Diana/Shelley Hennings awesome clevage :D , i said it before!....the girls are always showing tons of flesh on this show! :eek:

Henry got discovered in a rather creepy way, Charles thinks he's da bomb now he has a crystal, Jake is still undecided about killing off the coven, he's starting to have feelings for Cassie.

Faye went a bit loopy but jealousy suits her! ;) - she got in some excellent digs/lines to Cassie, Adam is boring me, i just can't buy him a a straight guy :rolleyes:

But the show continues to hold alot of interest for me, enjoying it alot :)

Advertisement