Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

Well scraped into the playoffs. Will probably get hammered by Le Henry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

boccy23 wrote: »
    Well scraped into the playoffs. Will probably get hammered by Le Henry now!
    I dunno, I think it will be close, it is the playoffs afterall. Should be an exciting week ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Went right down to to the wire at the end, but a good week from boccy's team sealed it.
    I'm left rueing what might have been if I had Beltre available all year, but I guess everyone else could say something similar.

Good luck for the playoffs lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

You can put me down for keeper league as well - Homer's Homers. Should be a laugh. Can't believe I actually made playoffs this year, first year of fantasy baseball, with minimal baseball knowledge. Didn't even make the draft. Total stroke of auto-draft luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey guys, looking for people for a fantasy ice hockey league in the Hockey forum. Head over if you have any interest !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

3 Wins and a 0.00 ERA from 3 starting pitchers so far this week. Where was all of this in the regular season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

Coeus wrote: »
    I dunno, I think it will be close, it is the playoffs afterall. Should be an exciting week ahead :)

Well done sir. 6-4. Pitching killed me in the end which it has done for a lot of the seasons mathc ups. My offense carried me and nearly did so again. Best of luck in the Championship game gents.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Well done sir. 6-4. Pitching killed me in the end which it has done for a lot of the seasons mathc ups. My offense carried me and nearly did so again. Best of luck in the Championship game gents.
    Thanks, told you it would be close. Could have been closer if you hadn't left those quality starts on the bench. I left a few behind myself but that was to ensure I held ERA and WHIP. I hope my bats wake up this week :)

Appalling loss of form from my team this week.
    Loads of injuries and fellas being benched for a rest.
    Motte has blown 2 saves to balloon my ERA and starters haven't picked up wins!
    This match up is over Coeus!

Appalling loss of form from my team this week.
    Loads of injuries and fellas being benched for a rest.
    Motte has blown 2 saves to balloon my ERA and starters haven't picked up wins!
    This match up is over Coeus!
    There is still a weeks worth of games to go so I aint counting my chickens.

Having some injuries (Pence) and benchings (both Cabreras on Wednesday) myself but not as bad as you. Alot of my guys have found their bats again and I have alot good pitching matchups this week and over the weekend. I kinda got lucky there.

• Advertisement

Tense final in the consolation bracket (aka 5th place game)....I'm tied 5-5 with Seattle Seamonkeys! The other one in this bracket looks tight too. :)

Congratulations Coeus!
    I'm kind of sad it's all over!
    Still, we have next season to look forward to!

Congratulations Coeus!
    I'm kind of sad it's all over!
    Still, we have next season to look forward to!
    Thanks!! My batting was immense this week, certainly my best week of the season. I actually broke the league records for Average and RBIs. Broke the Saves records.

It will be strange not having to check my team(s) every evening.

Overall, its been a really good and competative league. Cant wait for next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Thanks!! My batting was immense this week, certainly my best week of the season. I actually broke the league records for Average and RBIs. Broke the Saves records.

It will be strange not having to check my team(s) every evening.

Overall, its been a really good and competative league. Cant wait for next season :)

so that means you're playin next year so it does ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Whats the story so ? Are we going to continue with a keeper league ? I think we should. We seem to have a great group of players who are willing to keep lineups up to date. Would be shame to just leave it after a year. I find from playing fantasy in other sports that its almost impossible to get a league full of dedicated players.

Whats the story so ? Are we going to continue with a keeper league ? I think we should. We seem to have a great group of players who are willing to keep lineups up to date. Would be shame to just leave it after a year. I find from playing fantasy in other sports that its almost impossible to get a league full of dedicated players.
    Yea, I hope so...

When does the keeper setting have to be activated for the league?

even when you activate the keeper league, does it still close down until March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seema123

HI,

With the hot weather,some of the game’s best players may find themselves struggling to do what they do best.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Hi lads,

Lived in Boston for a summer and love the game. Looking to join a good fantasy league, usually play 2 a year with random Americans, but would love to join an Irish one if there any spaces coming up?

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hi lads,

Lived in Boston for a summer and love the game. Looking to join a good fantasy league, usually play 2 a year with random Americans, but would love to join an Irish one if there any spaces coming up?

Cheers

Hi Rob, Its very much up in the air about what we'll be doing next year. We were considering continuing on last years league as a keeper league but we haven't decided yet. If we do there won't be room for anyone else unless theres a drop out. However I don't expect any dropouts as we had a very active last year and it was competitive for the most part.

If we don't have a keeper league then I'm sure we could add you, we would have to add another team though to make the league balanced.

I'll PM you with an update closer to decision time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Thanks Malachy. If it helps I have another mate I lived with over there who is also an obsessed Red Sox fan and would love to play if it ends up being a non-keeper.

Even if it was keeper, we'd be happy to join in with you guys in Year 2 and draft our team, if you're able to add teams without affecting your keepers. Had done something similar in a fantasy football league where teams lost draft pick based on the round their keeper was drafted in. So new team had full draft picks and old ones lost a draft pick(s) in whichever round(s) they originally drafted their keeper.

Either way, we'd both love to get into a good active Irish league if possible.

Cheers

I think the plan is to keep the keeper league, people have been on that thread saying they want to keep it going. Of course we may need new managers if some of the guys cant commit to keeping their team active.

Outside of the keeper league I think we can also run a new non-keeper league. Once we get 10 players it should be OK to run,12 would be ideal but I dont mind been in a deeper league (14 even 16) similar to the fantasy football.

I have no probs playing 2 leagues here as I normally play in 4-5 leagues anyway. I'll just drop some of them to concentrate on the boards leagues ;)

Once Yahoo fantasy baseball opens next month I guess we can start a recruitment thread. That usually happens in mid Feb from past experience...

I think the plan is to keep the keeper league, people have been on that thread saying they want to keep it going. Of course we may need new managers if some of the guys cant commit to keeping their team active.

Outside of the keeper league I think we can also run a new non-keeper league. Once we get 10 players it should be OK to run,12 would be ideal but I dont mind been in a deeper league (14 even 16) similar to the fantasy football.

I have no probs playing 2 leagues here as I normally play in 4-5 leagues anyway. I'll just drop some of them to concentrate on the boards leagues ;)

Once Yahoo fantasy baseball opens next month I guess we can start a recruitment thread. That usually happens in mid Feb from past experience...

I'm also happy to play a second league. Usually play 4 teams a year anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'm quite happy to play in other league as well. Played in a few last year but found most people outside of this league weren't too active.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Thought I'd post myself as happy to play in a fantasy league this year (wasn't involved last year) as I would prefer to play with like-minded people and we could discuss the league here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

yeah i'd love to play a second league too. I really want the keeper league though i've got me gonzo so dont wanna lose him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

If a second league starts up, I'd be interested in joining. I haven't played Fantasy Baseball before so a 'newbie' league would suit me! I don't think I could compete with the 'big boys'!

I Play Fantasy Football and Fantasy American Football and am active in both, so I'd love to try out Fantasy Baseball.

I have a growing interest in the sport, and attended my first actual game last summer.

Okay guys, it looks like we have enough interest for a new fantasy baseball league for the coming season so I have put up a thread so we can start putting together a list of interested players...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Okay guys, it looks like we have enough interest for a new fantasy baseball league for the coming season so I have put up a thread so we can start putting together a list of interested players...

Do you mean a second league? Or is this a continuation of last year's? I'd be interested in a keeper league, I know that was discussed a while back, but it wasn't decided on. I wonder what the decision was on that.

• Advertisement

fisgon wrote: »
    Do you mean a second league? Or is this a continuation of last year's? I'd be interested in a keeper league, I know that was discussed a while back, but it wasn't decided on. I wonder what the decision was on that.
    Yep, this will be a separate league with a new draft and will be non-keeper.

The keeper league should run aswell as there seems to be plenty of interest in contining it over on the keeper league thread. I guess the GM will put up a thread or notification when he is ready to organise it...

Advertisement