Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

I did alright. But you rolled the dice on Ichiro coming back to what he normally is. But this has been a real down year for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just gotta love having two yankee hitters on the roster tonight :) Russell Martin with two home runs, one of them a grnad slam, 6 rbis in total so far.. Then Curtis Granderson hits a grand slam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Losing this week to HotBalls. Unfortunately he has a great chance to hammer me looking at the schedule for Sunday with 3 pitchers to come! Then combine the loss with Judean People Front score and this league is wide open up to third and possibly second if Homers Homers lose by a few to Hemry's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Then combine the loss with Judean People Front score and this league is wide open up to third

Yeah I've been looking to this week and next for a while now, playing the bottom 2 teams. Had been hoping to put up some good scores. Hurricane didn't help though with Phillies cancelling 2 games yesterday when I had the 2 starters but I'm still only slightly ahead in a couple of categories with a chance of falling behind in a couple. It's going to be a nervous couple of weeks now!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

what a crazy week. My team hit 19HR crazy, felt really bad for the guy i was playing cos his offence had a serious week and only came out with RBI.

So i'm looking at 7-2 win and am delighted cos its gonna give me a ahot at making the playoffs, now can you imagine my surprise when I actually dropped from 6th to 7th with my win. Crazy crazy game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

You snooze you lose! It wouldn't let me add Mike Trout last night (Tuesday night) while the game was on. I woke up today (Wednesday) to find he had been swiped by Henry Le Cheat :D

Oh well...hopefully I'll have Beltre back soon and make a run at this thing. My team as usual is hitting for high AVG but not producing a lot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

You snooze you lose! It wouldn't let me add Mike Trout last night (Tuesday night) while the game was on. I woke up today (Wednesday) to find he had been swiped by Henry Le Cheat :D

Oh well...hopefully I'll have Beltre back soon and make a run at this thing. My team as usual is hitting for high AVG but not producing a lot :mad:
    Yea, once your all players games have started you cannot pickup a player until after 8am. I may need a replacement for Choo if he goes on the DL again so Trout who is swinging a hot bat looked the best pickup.

A couple of times this season I have gone to pickup a player only for him to have been taken. Would love to nab Strasburg now but he got picked up ages ago...

Picked up Trout when he got called up as cover for an injury to Bourjos in LAA.
    He saw little game time and wasn't batting well so I dopped him.
    Now that Wells and Abreu have gone to pot he has been told that he will see a lot more game time.
    Coeus, you picked him up at the right time! You should get some good production between now and end of season, but expect next year from him to really break out when some of those guys have been moved on.
    A Speed Merchant with a Bat.
    Many people rate him higher than Bryce Harper and has the upside of speed to boot.

Coeus wrote: »
    Would love to nab Strasburg now but he got picked up ages ago...

Yeah as soon as I heard he was going to have some rehab starts I picked him up and swapped him for Bucholz who I already had on the DL. I figured it'd be worth it if he could get some starts in September, and if he didn't he's not taking up a roster place anyway. Both him and Bucholz were unlikely to feature before Sept anyway and looks like Strasburg will be starting next week so pleased with that.

My offense has shut down this week after being pretty damn good last week. :( That 4th spot is touch and go...

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah as soon as I heard he was going to have some rehab starts I picked him up and swapped him for Bucholz who I already had on the DL. I figured it'd be worth it if he could get some starts in September, and if he didn't he's not taking up a roster place anyway. Both him and Bucholz were unlikely to feature before Sept anyway and looks like Strasburg will be starting next week so pleased with that.
    Yea I was skeptical until I seen highlights of his first rehab start. I knew then he would be back in September but you had already picked him up. It makes sense for the Nats to give him games to get the rustiness out of his arm this season. For fantasy he'll get loads of strikeouts and maybe a win or 2 as I'd say most of his starts will be at home for financial reasons...

• Advertisement

Super...I forgot to un-bench Beltre :(

And the Albuquerque Isotopes have a ridiculous 9 Saves already this week :eek:

Super...I forgot to un-bench Beltre :(

And the Albuquerque Isotopes have a ridiculous 9 Saves already this week :eek:
    Very tight in the end! A steal could have changed it all up!
    By the way, I brushed against the report button there but pressed cancel on my phone browser for your post! Don't think it reported, but if it did... sorry!
    This is the last week before the play offs, I am playing Judean Peoples Front, and I am nervous.

Hi All

This has been a really enjoyable experience this year and coming into the last regular season week, there are still probably 6 teams in for 3 spots.

So best of luck to all.

On another note, it seems we have 11 of the 12 players who were active on a regular basis and the question then becomes do we want to make a Keeper league?

If so, what number of keepers do people want to look at. From some research 10 seems to be a popular number. Are others on for it and if so, what numbers do you think?

Boccy

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hi All

This has been a really enjoyable experience this year and coming into the last regular season week, there are still probably 6 teams in for 3 spots.

So best of luck to all.

On another note, it seems we have 11 of the 12 players who were active on a regular basis and the question then becomes do we want to make a Keeper league?

If so, what number of keepers do people want to look at. From some research 10 seems to be a popular number. Are others on for it and if so, what numbers do you think?

Boccy
    Hey, I agree its been a great league and still plenty to play for. I would definately be on for making this a keeper.

My thoughts on the number of keepers would be less than 10 as we need to force managers to make tough decisions and drop players that they would like to keep. I would think for a league of this size that 6/7 would be reasonable. If we going down the keeper route we should also consider how long we are allowed keep the keepers. Should the best players be refreshed more often while players picked in later rounds can be kept longer. Should draft picks be conceded for keeping players etc.

Is there a list of commish rules for keeper leagues in Yahoo?

No real rules at the moment. I am checking with Yahoo on this but I think all I can do is set which players are kept. After that it is up to us to decide on how long and penalty of rounds etc. I will then keep track of this for subsequent drafts.

Totally up for keeper league.
    Learned loads this year!
    Not opinions on keeper rules and the like as I don't have any real knowledge.
    Happy to go with the best explained option.... :)

Keeper is definitely OK with me (I'll be keeping a firm grasp on one or two of my rookies). Or maybe we could start over with a new full draft and make it a dynasty league? Or do both! (yes...I'm addicted)

What's the story with the league, has it updated?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I'd be in for a keeper league aswell.

Yep I'm in, definitely want to do this with everyone here again regardless of format.

• Advertisement

Checked and we can decide when we reactivate the league as to keepers and values. I suppose at this stage it's just a matter of deciding to make it a keeper and how many keepers people prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'd also be on for a keeper league as well. From what I know - which is little - 6/7 seems to be the number.

Playing and being hammered by Henry/Coeus this week. I think I drew the short straw in the last chance play off saloon! :o

I'd also be on for a keeper league as well. From what I know - which is little - 6/7 seems to be the number.

Playing and being hammered by Henry/Coeus this week. I think I drew the short straw in the last chance play off saloon! :o
    You had alot of good starting pitching overnight which I expected with Hernandez and Lester going so that has brought your pitching stats back. If those guys go again on Sunday which they will if on regular rest then I will struggle in most pitching cat...

You had alot of good starting pitching overnight which I expected with Hernandez and Lester going so that has brought your pitching stats back. If those guys go again on Sunday which they will if on regular rest then I will struggle in most pitching cat...

Seattle are using a six man rotation making Felix unlikely to pitch Sunday (unless something happens to the 6th man (one can only hope :rolleyes: )) ...so you're safe there :pac:

Seattle are using a six man rotation making Felix unlikely to pitch Sunday (unless something happens to the 6th man (one can only hope :rolleyes: )) ...so you're safe there :pac:
    Didn't realise that. Even if ye are blooding young arms I still wouldnt be skimping on Hernandez starts. Pineda will probably be shut down for the season soon like most rookies on non-contending teams in early September...

I'm in the playoffs of another 10x10 Head-to-Head league where Complete Gmes and Shut Outs are catagories. Up against CJ Wilson, Cliff Lee and Chris Carpenter. Needless to say with all 3 pitching complete games shutouts, I am getting hammered. Behind 6-10 at the moment and hoping that my offense can somehow pull me through.

i'm definitely up for a keeper league

could we not put henry in the keeper league and split his team draft style :p

Iang87 wrote: »
    could we not put henry in the keeper league and split his team draft style :p
    Ha ha and that from someone who beat me ;-)

If we don't have too many keepers, the talent (mine included) will be redistributed :-)

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that. Even if ye are blooding young arms I still wouldnt be skimping on Hernandez starts. Pineda will probably be shut down for the season soon like most rookies on non-contending teams in early September...

Well it was a different story last year when he was chasing the Cy Young but I see no reason to pushing Felix any harder than necessary (he's still a young arm himself :) ) They're at a point in the season when individual performances matter much more than team results (the less wins, the higher the draft pick after all :rolleyes: ), and we already know the type of performances we're going to get from Felix.

Pineda is down to his last start I believe

Advertisement