Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭boccy23

The batting stats are bordering on hilarious!!
    R HR RBI SB AVG
    16 5 15 1 .255
    16 5 15 2 .250

4-5-1 in the end. Actually happy with that after a 1-9 start.

Looking at the league and it appears that the top 3 are safe for the playoffs:

1. Henry Le Cheat III - Coeus
    2. Homer's Homers - figson
    3. Albuquerque Isotopes - Smackbunnybaby

After that there are 5 of us playing for the last spot. Next weeks will be very interesting for this position.

Best of luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

boccy23 wrote: »
    Looking at the league and it appears that the top 3 are safe for the playoffs:

1. Henry Le Cheat III - Coeus
    2. Homer's Homers - figson
    3. Albuquerque Isotopes - Smackbunnybaby

After that there are 5 of us playing for the last spot. Next weeks will be very interesting for this position.

Best of luck all.

4th through 9th is ridiculously close aswell. 4 and half wins seperate the 6 teams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

great match boccy23, you had me very nervous last night.
    checking live scores every minute in bed, the GF was worried for me.

you're pitching sorted itself out as the week progressed!

does our league have a trade deadline?

• Advertisement

does our league have a trade deadline?
    Yep and is as follows
    League Notes
    • The deadline to complete trades in this league is Sunday, Aug 14.

Coeus wrote: »
    Yep and is as follows

League Notes
    • The deadline to complete trades in this league is Sunday, Aug 14.

So to get them through, the trades would have to be accepted today or tomorrow I think.

cheers guys!

this doesn't affect FA additions?

cheers guys!

this doesn't affect FA additions?

No. Waiver wire activity will remain the same.

Dan (Uggla) is the man, he is singlehandly keeping my team in this week...

• Advertisement

hard to believe his streak bumped up his average over 50 points...to .235 or something...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

This week is gonna be very important for deciding the final playoff spot. Some key matchups. I've just gotten over .500 but could fall back again this week!

Slipped into the 4th spot. But it will be a real dog fight for this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Ugh....Blue Jays up 6-0 in the 1st against Jason Vargas. That's ERA lost for this week

Halladay got 14 K's tonight. NICE!
    Well...it was nice until I checked my team and realized I traded Halladay away ages ago and he's on the opposite side of the matchup this week :o

Well...it was nice until I checked my team and realized I traded Halladay away ages ago and he's on the opposite side of the matchup this week :o

And he still took the loss!
    They should have pulled him in the 9th..and given Madson a chance to get me a Save....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah a real pity for me he didn't get enough support for the win. Cliff Lee is pitching for me tonight, he had 10 K's and a HR (not counted in fantasy) on his last start, hoping for a W to catch up.

Fighting with malachyscott for a playoff spot and my offense decides to take last night off.

7/33 Hits 3 HR 1 RBI 3 SB 1 AVG .212

Damn. In real danger now. :mad:

All the matchups very tight so far this week. Really getting exciting now especially in the middle of the table. :)

8-10 wrote: »
    All the matchups very tight so far this week. Really getting exciting now especially in the middle of the table. :)

Exciting? It's excruciating :eek:
    I've been just about clinging to Runs, RBI,s and SB's this week but I can see you taking those too by the time all is said and done. Amazingly I've battled back to within 5 in strikeouts and I've got Pineda going tonight...so maybe if Halladay isn't on his game I could sneak that (Although I see you have a whole core of relievers ready for action :( )

• Advertisement

Exciting? It's excruciating :eek:
    I've been just about clinging to Runs, RBI,s and SB's this week but I can see you taking those too by the time all is said and done. Amazingly I've battled back to within 5 in strikeouts and I've got Pineda going tonight...so maybe if Halladay isn't on his game I could sneak that (Although I see you have a whole core of relievers ready for action :( )

There's about 5 categories that could go either way in 1 day! I think Runs are yours but HR's has been very nip and tuck, that and RBI will be tight. I thought K's was looking good for me up until this morning! Impressive comeback and those relievers you mentioned haven't got too many this week anyway. :eek:

After having an 8-2 lead at one stage, Coeus reeled me in and won 5-3.
    It was changing by the minute as AVG was dictating it!
    But he hit a rake of HRs on the last day to level up teh HR category that I had been strolling earlier on.

Also Ubaldo Jimenez is an absolute disaster of a pitcher.
    Janey mac..he'll K 10 and give up 11....
    I can't warn people off him enough next year!!

You should keep him. ;)

I discovered this morning that he is NOT on the can't cut list.....hmmm.

After having an 8-2 lead at one stage, Coeus reeled me in and won 5-3.
    It was changing by the minute as AVG was dictating it!
    But he hit a rake of HRs on the last day to level up teh HR category that I had been strolling earlier on.

Also Ubaldo Jimenez is an absolute disaster of a pitcher.
    Janey mac..he'll K 10 and give up 11....
    I can't warn people off him enough next year!!
    I gave up on Wins and Ks when I seen you had 3 starters on Sunday so sat Billingsley to hold ERA, I dont fancy starters in Colorado after Garcia gave up 12 runs there earlier in the year. A Jimenez implosion is what I needed to win WHIP and he duely obliged. He cost you ERA and WHIP this week and a matchup victory as my starting pitching wasn't great.

There was nothing in the batting categories this week. You get 1 more hit and you win BA.

A very good matchup, I'd have taken a split of 5 during the week considering how far I was behind in some categories.

Still in 4th place and I'm not giving it up. 8-10, Brilliantboy et al be warned.
    Won last week 6-4 against Malachyscott. Playing Bit of Red 72 this week and my arch nemisis Prince Fielder. But I will prevail. :D

Anyone know what INF stands for?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/scoring/baseball-93.html

Fernando Salas has it for me from last nights game. He threw therefore shouldn't he have at least IP 0.1 not 0.0?
    Should I be expecting a hefty ERA appended on soon?

St. Louis
    IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA
    C. Carpenter 8.0 5 1 1 1 7 0 1.30 3.57
    A. Rhodes (H, 1) 0.1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2.25 13.50
    F. Salas (L, 5-5; BS, 5) 0.0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0.94 2.41
    J. Motte 0.2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.94 1.76

It's because he didn't record an out?

Anyone know what INF stands for?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/scoring/baseball-93.html

Fernando Salas has it for me from last nights game. He threw therefore shouldn't he have at least IP 0.1 not 0.0?
    Should I be expecting a hefty ERA appended on soon?

St. Louis
    IP H R ER BB K HR WHIP Season ERA
    C. Carpenter 8.0 5 1 1 1 7 0 1.30 3.57
    A. Rhodes (H, 1) 0.1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2.25 13.50
    F. Salas (L, 5-5; BS, 5) 0.0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0.94 2.41
    J. Motte 0.2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.94 1.76

It's because he didn't record an out?
    My guess is that INF is infinity. Looks like he gave up a hit which drove in a run without getting an out hence the 0.0 innings. He'll be charged with a hit towards WHIP and a run towards ERA...

Coeus wrote: »
    My guess is that INF is infinity. Looks like he gave up a hit which drove in a run without getting an out hence the 0.0 innings. He'll be charged with a hit towards WHIP and a run towards ERA...

Interesting, I had wondered recently how that is recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Your nemesis went nought for eight last night, Boccy 23.

I feel I'll have to be looking elsewhere for such wonderful behaviour. It might have to be Ichiro - I feel he owes me after my masterful Zobrist trade. You definitely got the best of that one! cool.gif

Advertisement