Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new fighter has entered the ring!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Arcade SF4 was out a good while before the home versions. They must have thought "Ah sure, we've made money from the coin-op, let's hurry out a port."

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

AeoNGriM wrote:
    But the iPhone and 3DS versions WILL make them a ton of money? I don't get it, especially since the arcade version would be so easy to port to PC with minimal resources and given that Vanilla sold pretty well on the PC, even if it was merely an afterthought and wasn't advertised, marketed or hyped in any way whatsoever (another area that Capcom failed completely).

I suspect both the IPhone and 3Ds Version will make a ton of money yes. The Nintento DS has been a huge success for Nintentdo and mobile gaming is massive particularly in Japan (where as PC gaming is very niche in Japan)

The updated Arcade version has just been released (Mid December) and will take some time before the update reaches home console, which was the same case with vanilla. So a port should be achieveable with minimal resources yes but if they do go ahead with it, I'm pretty sure it will be some time after the console release.

Arcade Edition will almost certainly be DLC for Super Street Figher 4 on consoles. Since Super Street Fighter 4 does not exist on PC it will have to be a fully stand alone product.

Piracy is probably a factor too. SF IV was extremely heavily pirated. Capcom are probably concerned that if they release a PC version at the same time as consoles it could affect sales on both the PC and consoles.

As for 45% of all Games sold being on PC. That includes causals games and the like. Some genre's like fighting games have a very limited presence on PC and its not exactly a genre you think of when you think of the PC as a gaming platform.

Also if you bought a Madcatz TE stick it will work on one of the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Arcade SF4 was out a good while before the home versions. They must have thought "Ah sure, we've made money from the coin-op, let's hurry out a port."

You're mad if you think they made SF4 arcade without the absolute intention at the time to release it on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You're mad if you think they made SF4 arcade without the absolute intention at the time to release it on consoles.

You're right, I phrased that badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

What I think is amusing is that you guys don't think that Capcom haven't already finalised their platform strategies or MVC4 and SF5 Arcade Championship invitational edition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement