Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

threeball wrote:
    Why? Corofin have been more impressive since he left.

True. But Kevin O Brien worked closely with him. So maybe he's carrying on what Rochford started. In regards of Mayo nothing and Galway beating them last three years which is again valid. But. For me Mayo have been the only ones capable of going toe to toe with Dublin over the last number of years. Dublin are the standard bearers. If Rochford had the calibre of forwards Galway have I think they would of won one. For some reason the Kevin Walsh situation isn't clear. As far as I can see his term is up so it's up to a county board meeting as to whether extend his term again. You'd think for clarity this would of been done by now. I've no issue with Kevin Walsh staying even though I think he needs to rethink a number of issues. But if he left or isn't given another term I'd welcome Stephen Rochford with open arms. Plus if we won it again with a Mayo manager our neighbours would have a meltdown they may never recover from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

True. But Kevin O Brien worked closely with him. So maybe he's carrying on what Rochford started. In regards of Mayo nothing and Galway beating them last three years which is again valid. But. For me Mayo have been the only ones capable of going toe to toe with Dublin over the last number of years. Dublin are the standard bearers. If Rochford had the calibre of forwards Galway have I think they would of won one. For some reason the Kevin Walsh situation isn't clear. As far as I can see his term is up so it's up to a county board meeting as to whether extend his term again. You'd think for clarity this would of been done by now. I've no issue with Kevin Walsh staying even though I think he needs to rethink a number of issues. But if he left or isn't given another term I'd welcome Stephen Rochford with open arms. Plus if we won it again with a Mayo manager our neighbours would have a meltdown they may never recover from.

He has 1 year left on his term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭threeball

The football Corofin played on Patrick's day was miles ahead of anything I saw during the Rochford time. K'OB and his selectors deserve the credit for that. There's no way it should be passed off as a Rochford legacy.

Mayo are tailor made to cause Dublin problems plus there's always needle between both down the last 30yrs. They struggle against other teams. Styles make fights as they say and the mayo style is one that Dublin struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Have the minor footballers much chance v 5 in a row chasing Kerry . Seen them v Meath and thought they were a decent team . Could take better options at times but Defo they have a few good players . Be nice to win the year on a high after a fairly good year for the seniors

spurshero wrote: »
    Have the minor footballers much chance v 5 in a row chasing Kerry . Seen them v Meath and thought they were a decent team . Could take better options at times but Defo they have a few good players . Be nice to win the year on a high after a fairly good year for the seniors

This Kerry team isn't going for five in a row, no more than our minor hurlers didn't win 3 from 4.

They mixed the good with the bad against Meath, no more than Kerry did against Monaghan.

At least Kerry aren't involved in the senior so they won't have "home advantage".

If Galways players don't take silly options and waste chances they'll win IMO.

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »

Didn't think much of Kerry in the semi. Monaghan were poor I thought and they nearly caught them. Galway should have hockeyed meath. They were by far the better team in both halves. Minors can't go five in a row unless they get on the team at 12 so it has little to no bearing. From what I've seen, Galway are the better team but silly mistakes generally decide minor games. Some pretty brainless stuff goes on at times.

According to ray silke In advertiser we are massive underdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Strange question here:)

Joe Canning for last few years has been using a Canning hurl.

Can anyone tell me who made his hurls before this??

Best of luck to the minors be good to end the season on a high

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Hard to distinguish the teams with the sunshine

• Advertisement

Some score.

Someone must have had a word with Tinney since the semi final as he's being the complete opposite... Selfless.

Lads that were poor in the semi stepping up and vice versa. Halloran has been poor and greedy so far after a great semi final. They should be further ahead.
    Rafftery having a fine game

Not so bad. Probably should be more ahead. Midfield have been strong. And finally Tinney and Cooley are showing there true potential. Delighted for Cooley he's been struggling since the first couple of games in the round robin in Connacht. Most games Galway have been a lot better in the second half hopefully that continues today. One thing I'll say I know it's great and a big day out for these lads to play in Croke Park on All Ireland Final day but there is no one here. My section is basically empty. Makes it hard to generate an atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Kerry the better side in the final 5 minutes but excellent half. Rafftery is an excellent player. Hope they can keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Also the quality of kickpassing is a joy to watch

Halloran obsessed with goals. Wrong option time after time

How was that a wide?.

That looked a clear cut save by the goalie.

They need to take OHalloran off, he's missed three easy chances and kicked away a stupid pass after the last one.

Shocking... 7 up and now behind.

How was that a wide?.

That looked a clear cut save by the goalie.

They need to take OHalloran off, he's missed three easy chances and kicked away a stupid pass after the last one.

He's out there on reputation at this stage but management should be strong enough to pull him.

• Advertisement

What the f**k was that free for! I hate the way they won't show replays in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was a disgrace. What a cheat, really hope Galway win after that.

Johner wrote: »
    That was a disgrace. What a cheat, really hope Galway win after that.

Another aidan o Mahoney in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

threeball wrote: »
    Another aidan o Mahoney in the making.

Ah now, he’d do well to win 5 all Ireland’s and a couple of all stars.

munster87 wrote: »
    Ah now, he’d do well to win 5 all Ireland’s and a couple of all stars.

Disgraceful carry on. Nothing worse in sport than a cheat.

Nobody to blame but themselves.

Had a big lead but only scored 3 points going into injury time in the second half.

Silly turnovers in defence near the end costing them points.

Would question management as well over the last two games with brain dead decisions which(that last free was always going to be driven wide the way he kicked them against Meath and it just wasted a minute of the injury time).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kicked it away really with 3 maybe 4 good goal chances squandered. I don't think Kerry had any. Maybe a half chance near the end. Got to take your chances in finals. Don't want to be too hard on very young lads though. Disappointed that the ref was conned by the amount of diving going on though. Minors shouldn't be able to fool an experienced ref so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Galway got destroyed in midfield......ultimately the losing of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Galway got destroyed in midfield......ultimately the losing of the match.

Not really. They absolutely cleaned Kerry in midfield in the first half. Kerry did better in the second.

Not taking their chances was the big problem.

• Advertisement

Not really. They absolutely cleaned Kerry in midfield in the first half. Kerry did better in the second.

Not taking their chances was the big problem.

Should have been out of sight by half time but poor shot selection and goal fever put paid to that. A big lead at half time will bury most minor teams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement