Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Breakfast: Porridge or a boiled egg

Morning Snack: 6 Almonds

Lunch: Apple and some prawns

Dinner: Salmon, Brocolli, Sml. amt of Brown Rice

Snack: Sml amt of cottage cheese

Plenty of water!!!!!

You won't be hungry on the above and you will see weight loss!!!!

Sorry to nitpick, because all the other points in your post were great advice, but a diet consisting of the above food portions seems to be undereating to me, and would definitely be for those that are overweight. It's also very few calories daily, which will lead people to become very hungry and massively increase the temptation to binge.

I'd nearly say that for breakfast go with porridge AND a boiled egg or two. Eggs are very filling, a great protein, fat and vitamin source, and there's a scientific study that shows people who eat eggs for breakfast are slimmer than ones that don't.

The lunch is tiny and the majority would be starved on that. It's rather impractical also. Imagine you're having lunch with friends and you take out a few prawns and an apple?! A proper healthy meal with plenty of protein would be ideal. Or even something quick like a 3-4 egg omelette with plenty of veg thrown in.

Dinner is good, make sure you get a good portion of veg and meat/fish in there though. And cottage cheese is an excellent snack.

So, in essence, bigger portions so that you're fuller for longer, which decreases any binge risks. Also, I've yet to see anyone become overweight from eating too much meat/fish/fruit/vegetables - it's always what they eat with those types of food or between meals that does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

+1. Have a decent (non processed) breakfast OP. Studies also show that those who are slim don't skip breakfast. In fact, the slimmest people I know eat plenty. They just have small amounts regularly - and they never skip brekkie.

I'd recommend a good sized tuna or chicken salad (without mayonnaise, cheese, high-cal dressing, potato etc) for lunch. Maybe a small serving of home-made vegetable soup also. If you're dying for bread, one slice of something low-wheat/low-yeast like McCambridge bread - and some hummus on it rather than butter.
    Stay away from low-fat products too - they are chemical-loaded sh1te, and just lower your blood sugar and make you crave the bad stuff. The dieting industry wants people to fail to reach their goals, otherwise it wouldn't exist. If you're having a yogurt, have a bio one like Glenisk, don't bother with those awful low-fat ones.

Advertisement