Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Thread 14/02 *spoilers within*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Completely agree with you. It will definitely sway those fans on the fence. I'm sure if he is involved, he'll probably start appearing on tv shows around America to promote his apperance, so hopefully it'll bring in some extra viewers.

What sort of role do you think he'd have though? Assuming they can't make it "The Rock" night as he won't be there post-mania.

Maybe special guest referee or just general wandering around host?

It's really interesting though if it is him, and I hope it is.

im guessing a wander around, itl just be Raw GM turned up to 11. He will introduce an angle recap or two, interview a few superstars, probably tear into one of them. He will introduce the hall of fame class... he will essentially take most of Finkel and cos job for the night and make those nothing moments in highlights. Rock Cena/SCSA/Miz/HHH altercations etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

im guessing a wander around, itl just be Raw GM turned up to 11. He will introduce an angle recap or two, interview a few superstars, probably tear into one of them. He will introduce the hall of fame class... he will essentially take most of Finkel and cos job for the night and make those nothing moments in highlights.

I'd be delighted with that! hopefully he can do some sort of price is right thing again! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

im guessing a wander around, itl just be Raw GM turned up to 11. He will introduce an angle recap or two, interview a few superstars, probably tear into one of them. He will introduce the hall of fame class... he will essentially take most of Finkel and cos job for the night and make those nothing moments in highlights. Rock Cena/SCSA/Miz/HHH altercations etc

Any chance they'll get the Coach or Kevin Kelly back for the night for an interview or two? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Any chance they'll get the Coach or Kevin Kelly back for the night for an interview or two? :):)

i think michael cole would be perfect to interview him now, remember when Rock put his t-shirt over coles head during an interview once, coles persona now against The Rock i think could be very entertaining. actually there is so many entertaining possibilities that could happen, cole, the miz, maybe even a piece with austin to promote tough enough. i just hope the wwe drop the PG stuff for Rock to use his catchphrases, cos if they dont i'm not sure what he can do.

If it's The Rock then I definitely intend to buy the PPV. That would sell it for me. Since Austin is set to do the Tough Enough thing then they could have some sort of a Mania segment together to play off their three previous encounters. Maybe even sing a song again. :)

Also screw The Miz, it's a Rock/Cena confrontation that everyone wants to see. As much as I like and admire Cena, even I will mark out if The Rock talks trash on him.

you mean like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWZrJicj-Y :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah exactly. There was more excitement in that moment than in 95% of the confrontations the WWE do. To see those two in the ring exchanging words with each other would be epic. :cool:

Yeah exactly. There was more excitement in that moment than in 95% of the confrontations the WWE do. To see those two in the ring exchanging words with each other would be epic. :cool:

the smile and wink rock gave cena said it all :D, could cena go 1 on 1 with the great one and ad lib on the stick, i could be wrong but im not so sure he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

the smile and wink rock gave cena said it all :D, could cena go 1 on 1 with the great one and ad lib on the stick, i could be wrong but im not so sure he could.

He'd probably call him The Poop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Personally i would love to see a promo Rock vs Sheamus

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think a Rock promo on anyone would be frecking awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

If the rock is the WM host, then does that mean he can make some matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Some Wrestling sites are now saying it could be Bob Barker. Maybe its a swerve but Barker would be a HUGE kick in the balls after the Rock rumours.

"Personification of that special moment."
    "A man who set a bar, set a record like no one else"

Hmmm...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Credit: PWInsider.com

While many people are speculating that it will be revealed to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, sources within WWE indicate that many employees are under the impression that the guest host will be none other than former Price Is Right host Bob Barker.

Barker is scheduled to be the guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on tonight CBS.

What a disappointment it will be if it turns out to be barker. Especially after a big build up (and the rumours that it could be The Rock)

Why would anyone who wasn't buying the PPV then decide to buy just because Bob Barker is host?

It says on WWE.com that there will be a live chat with the guest host on WWE.com after Raw tonight.

Makes me think its not The Rock for some reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FFS this thread has me excited for Raw tonight thinking it is The Rock and now it could be that old fart Barker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭fman

Oh for the days when a total swerve like Jericho, Goldberg or Lesnar would have been possible. It couldn't be H's return could it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

fman wrote: »
    Oh for the days when a total swerve like Jericho, Goldberg or Lesnar would have been possible. It couldn't be H's return could it?

It won't be Lesnar or Goldberg thats for sure,they wouldn't waste Jericho as a Host on a no doubt lean card.I was thinking that return after the Chamber could be Hbk probably not the place to write it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WHYTEHD

John Cena - WWE Universe FACEBOOK.COM

TONIGHT on WWE Monday Night Raw, Mr. McMahon - WWE will announce who will be Guest Host of the biggest event of the year, WWE WrestleMania XXVII! Who will it be? Will they help or hurt John Cena - WWE Universe? Click LIKE if you'll be watching at 9/8 CT TONIGHT on USA Network!

why mention Cena???

from the wwe website�We will introduce a man who is personification of that special moment, that extraordinary attraction, that never been done before. We will introduce this man who will indeed set a banner, set a record like no one else because no one has ever hosted an event in front of 75,000 people.�

it just cant be bob barker :eek:, can it. i cant believe that this will happen, they want to sell the ppv not mess it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Braden Walker maybe? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

from the wwe website�We will introduce a man who is personification of that special moment, that extraordinary attraction, that never been done before. We will introduce this man who will indeed set a banner, set a record like no one else because no one has ever hosted an event in front of 75,000 people.�

it just cant be bob barker :eek:, can it. i cant believe that this will happen, they want to sell the ppv not mess it up

Worried it's going to be Ryan Seacrest tbh

i can see it now, the anaheim crowd and the millions sitting glued to raw on tv with anticipation as vince walks out, gives the big build up which gets the crowd buzzing even more and then when they/we cant wait for him to announce The Rock, he announces with the big vince mcmahon booming voice the name............ Bob Barker :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Aside from the guest host of Mania, tonight we have Cena/Punk, Orton/Sheamus and Jo Mo/R-Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aside from the guest host of Mania, tonight we have Cena/Punk, Orton/Sheamus and Jo Mo/R-Truth

Thought it was meant to be John Cena & Randy Orton vs. CM Punk & The Miz with Michael Cole as referee?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jeez the amount of matches they give away for free on TV these days. Different age etc but WCW got slated for doing this back in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Barrington wrote: »
    Thought it was meant to be John Cena & Randy Orton vs. CM Punk & The Miz with Michael Cole as referee?

No, that's the dark match for the arena after Raw goes off the air (esp with the bit in bold involved)

Oh yeah, don't expect King to be on Raw either, his mother died over the weekend, aged 90
    Source:

According to various reports, Jerry Lawler's mother Hazel passed away on Sunday at the age of 90. Lawler's mother had reportedly been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the last six years and her health had been declining in the last year. Arrangements are being made today at Family Funeral Care in Memphis. Lawler isn't expected at tonight's Monday Night Raw in Anaheim.

Barrington wrote: »

I think that's the dark match.

The Rock just posted on his facebook site ''...FINALLY...'' GET READY. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

http://twitter.com/TheRock

he now has twitter....if its The Rock my trip to mania will be AWESOME :D

Advertisement