Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encounters during the night!

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

A few weeks back I started sharing a house with two other girls--there was war last night. The boyfriend of girl A was staying over, in the middle of the night girl B gets up to go to the loo and meets boyfriend of girl A walking back fron the bathroom stark naked. Girl B is freaking over the situation, girl A and the boyfriend are apologising profusely and saying he would have covered up if he had known that he was going to meet someone, which I am sure is true. Girl C (i.e. me) can't see what the fuss is about (in fact it was dark bar a tiny bit of light from a small bulb we keep on so I am surprised she could see anything)--I think I would have found the situation funny more than anything. What is your opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

Although Girl B might be making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill, especially given how mortified the man seems to have been by the whole thing, you've got to say there's no way he should be walking round naked in a shared house anyway. I know that I'd cover up before wandering round in public areas.

Nobody wants to see my bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭grungepants

Could i give a mans view?

This happens everywhere,shared housing is a fcuking nightmare.If your girlfriend lives in shared housing its hard for you to give a **** about the other room mates TBH.Like its enough that you have to impress her friends let alone the flat mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I personally wouldn't see it as a big deal.
    My reaction would depend on what type of people the girl and her boyfriend were. If they were the type who could laugh at themselves, then I would probably make a joke about it the next day, to lighten the atmosphere.
    If they seemed the type who were a bit shy and extremely embarrassed, then I would probably act like nothing had happened to save them blushes, then if they did ask me about it I would reassure them that it was no big deal.:)

I don't know the reasons why your other housemate is so annoyed though. Perhaps she got frightened when she ran into the fella naked? Could be a few things, she should just talk it through with them though. They are apologizing, so sound like they are doing their best to resolve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Tbh yer man should of covered up, but yer one is probably blowing it out of proportion. If it happened constantly fair enough if this is a once off you can bet it wont happen again.

House mate B should be happy it's all she seen.

I once came home from work and walked into my sitting room since the light was on....where my housemate was getting head, the girl bolted...leaving him there, erection in hand drunkely swinging it like a lightsaber laughing.

Now thats an image that gets burned into your brain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Could i give a mans view?

This happens everywhere,shared housing is a fcuking nightmare.If your girlfriend lives in shared housing its hard for you to give a **** about the other room mates TBH.Like its enough that you have to impress her friends let alone the flat mates...

i wouldnt consider that to be a man's view on the issue... i wouldnt expect to impress someone's flatmates... but at least to be civil...

overall the fella gambled on the likilyhood of no one else.being awake or needing to get up and he got caught out. a simple mistake and misunderstanding.

an apology and promise not to do it again should be enough imo...

well... that's this man's view...

• Advertisement

i wouldnt consider that to be a man's view on the issue... i wouldnt expect to impress someone's flatmates... but at least to be civil...

overall the fella gambled on the likilyhood of no one else.being awake or needing to get up and he got caught out. a simple mistake and misunderstanding.

an apology and promise not to do it again should be enough imo...

well... that's this man's view...

I said a mans view because this is ladies lounge and i wanted to show that im a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ATMW

I've a house of my own now, but I shared many flats and houses in my time, and this type of a thing happened more than once-- I'd tend to have more sympathy with the boyfriend here--okay--maybe he should have covered up, but this would have probably meant turning on the lights and finding some clothes, he was probably half asleep and it was unlikely he would be "caught"--I'll admit to having done numerous bathroom runs in various states of undress during the night, i got caught a couple of times, but there was never any problem. (I'm female--seem to be a few argumentative men in the ladies lounge today).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mountain out of a molehill tbh, she saw a guy naked in dim light, its a funny story, be different if he clambered into her bed or something. although its really not hard to whip on a pair of jocks before going wandering around a shared house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

not even going to get into a debate about sharing with couples. Absolute nightmare. They take over the house, kitchen, bathroom...everything.

Would be pissed off if house was for single people and then housemate moved boyfriend into house.

In fairness MI you have no idea if he was just staying the night or not. I mean, boyfriends / girlfriends are going to spend the night in shared houses fairly often I'd have thought.

• Advertisement

They're not sharing?? Shje said the boyfriend was over, not living there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JaneB

No--the boyfiend is not living in the house--he was here Saturday night and last night --I gather he comes down about every third or fourth weekend, but it is unusual for him to stay the Sunday night.

JaneB wrote: »
    No--the boyfiend is not living in the house--he was here Saturday night and last night --I gather he comes down about every third or fourth weekend, but it is unusual for him to stay the Sunday night.
    every third or 4th weekend??? jesus thats not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

As a man I would never walk around anyones house regardless of the hour, naked.

In my own house, it's my right to decide whether I want to walk around naked or not but not in someone else's house.

every third or 4th weekend??? jesus thats not bad at all

If it were me I'd be there every weekend and at least twice during the weekdays.:pac::pac::pac::pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

She might have been blowing it out of proportion but he should have more sense that to walk around naked regardless if she had seen anything or not. It's not just his girlfriend's house and when you're sharing with people you have to think of them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Girl B needs to stop freaking.

The couple have apologized, not much more they can do except gurantee it won't happen again

No big deal

Now if the lad was half asleep and dozy and climbed into her bed that would be a big deal. And it's happened in houses I shared in. :pac:
    Now that I remember a girl who came back for the night once went into the wrong bedroom too but she can be excused, dark and didn't know the house

The funny thing is even in your own story you named yourself "Girl C".Put yourself as Girl A.Its like being a sidekick in your own fantasy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JaneB

The funny thing is even in your own story you named yourself "Girl C".Put yourself as Girl A.Its like being a sidekick in your own fantasy!

I am very much the side-kick--I was asleep while all this happened, it was only the following morning that things erupted. Basically the boyfriend said to girl B something like "I hope I didn't give you a fright last night" and I think that both himself and girl A (who was next to him) expected her to say "no not at all", instead of which she erupted into a tirade about him having no respect, being thoughtless etc. I gather that he was going to look for his trousers but girl A said "sure who will see you" or some such thing--talk about tempting fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Similar thing happened to my then-boyfriend, except he saw my flatmate in the nip. Another guy :D I think he was a bit horrified, but I was just glad I didn't have to see my flatmate in the altogether. Didn't need that image every time I saw him!!

It seems like a bit of an over-reaction. The boyfriend was very unlucky to have encountered the girl in the middle of the night, but then again, he could have grabbed any old piece of clothing to cover his bits while he's running to the bathroom, surely? Maybe she was a bit embarrassed that they were laughing at her or something.

• Advertisement

JaneB wrote: »
    I am very much the side-kick--I was asleep while all this happened, it was only the following morning that things erupted. Basically the boyfriend said to girl B something like "I hope I didn't give you a fright last night" and I think that both himself and girl A (who was next to him) expected her to say "no not at all", instead of which she erupted into a tirade about him having no respect, being thoughtless etc. I gather that he was going to look for his trousers but girl A said "sure who will see you" or some such thing--talk about tempting fate.

The problem is when two people are having sex in general they dont care about silly things like "having respect".And the flat mate thats going mad is just bitter about the sharing of physical emotions going on between the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

And the flat mate thats going mad is just bitter about the sharing of physical emotions going on between the other two.

The sharing of physical emotions??? What are you on about?? The girl just wanted to be able to walk around her own home without some blokes bollocks swinging in her face.

The problem is when two people are having sex in general they dont care about silly things like "having respect".And the flat mate thats going mad is just bitter about the sharing of physical emotions going on between the other two.

Er... I think you might be reading into this a little bit too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dear god a naked human body, how horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ah sounds like girl is making a bigger thing of it then needs be, ok he should have covered up but waking up in middle of night ,he wasn't thinking he was going to bump into somebody.

Scenario reminds me a bit of the scene in the film scene were Jack Black is laid out on the sofa and urged by his mate to '' look away now '' when his girlfriend (unawares ) removes her towel :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

In that case, they should get their own place. It's hardly unreasonable to expect people who don't actually pay rent and as such the other flat-mates didn't agree to live with, having a bit of cop-on when they go for a wander round the communal areas of someone else's home in the altogether...the flat mate may well not be jealous at all, just because she doesn't want to see that particular man naked, doesn't mean she doesn't want/doesn't get to see any other man naked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Dear god a naked human body, how horrible.

In that case you wouldn't mind if your flat mate came thru naked while your folks were over having dinner, yeah? It's just a human body ffs...

Exactly - sometimes it's just not appropriate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Its an embarrassing situation for both sides - I'd never have risked such a trip without at least a towel, and I once met a girlfriends housemate on the landing barely covered by a towel after she came out of the shower - forgetting there was a fella in the house! Stuff like this happens!! :)

But its not like he was some randomer - he's girl A's boyfriend, so girl B would have met him previously. He's apologised and so she really needs to chill out, get a sense of humour and let things go. TBH it sounds like she needs some of what Girl A is getting. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

In that case you wouldn't mind if your flat mate came thru naked while your folks were over having dinner, yeah? It's just a human body ffs...

Exactly - sometimes it's just not appropriate. ;)
    This is in the middle of the night heading back from the jacks, in fact the scenario you mention would be hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I don't know how this has turned out to be something other than a laugh with a wee bit of a red face! Is the girl who saw the naked bf completely devoid of a sense of humour? She'd see a lot worse if she watched television after nine at night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement