Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat

Options
1325326327328329331»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Bizzum wrote: »
    Jaysus.........We didn't have to twist your arm:D:D
    sure it is mothers day and i am looking at the bottom of my bottle of cava!

Muckit wrote: »
    @whelan1......Did you check all the electrical connector blocks under the bonnet near the cab? Sometimes they can come loose a bit, even if they look to be joined. Well they do on our New Holland. Seems a likely cause, especially when no lights at all on dash ;) Worth a look. I cable tied ours to keep them tight, but the heat of the engine stretches them over time :mad:
    thanks oh reading the manual as we speak, will keep him quiet for a while:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

Fair play whelan1, it couldn't be a nicer day to start the new thread on and thanks for all your advice on here so far, really appreciate your knowledge and ideas and I'd say I'm not the only one on here that thinks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

Hope hes able to get you started :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

whelan1 wrote: »
    sure it is mothers day and i am looking at the bottom of my bottle of cava!

A bird never flew on one wing. Break out bottle number 2!

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    A bird never flew on one wing. Break out bottle number 2!
    have to go and sort out 3 kids uniforms for the morning so having a lovely cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

GF was away and day was fine so after Mother's Day breakfast. I dosed the 5 yearling heifers i outwintered (bimectin Super injection - same active ingredients as ivomec super which ive not used in 2 years), clipped the big silly mops of hair on forehead/ears, loaded them up and threw them away to a bit of rough grazing that i only finished fencing Friday night, will still keep feeding them in it though.

then set up fence of first paddock and let 2 first cows and calves off to grass... dry til wednesday night anyway, cleaned out water drinker in the dark and nearly lost feeling in my hands 3 degrees outside then and getting colder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Picked the dog up from the vet this afternoon. besides a cut on her mouth you wouldnt know that she was under a car 24hours earlier.
    Very relived Bogman today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Two of my pups headed off for pastures new today. one going for hill work:cool: and the other to a guy with some quite animals so will have a handy life. hope they turn out good uns in their new homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hoseman

Very strong wind here last night,Could hear things been blowing left right and center,Going out now to see for any damage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Out and about since 5, a little chilly but dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Just in, cold but dry, sun shining now but hard frost last night,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

water troughs all froze up in sheds today, yard as dry as a bone, dust swirling about..bitter cold wind blowing from east, unusual to see them froze without ice around yard

snow and hailstone here since 6 am, really slippy out and bitter cold

[MOD]

As this thread is approaching the 10,000 post limit, it must unfortunately be closed for technical reasons.
    The last 16 posts in this thread have been copied to the new and improved Farming Chit Chat II thread, so with a bit of luck the conversation will carry on seamlessly.

Thread closed and unstuck.

[/MOD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement