Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

And I also meant to say there was no bawling when I went down to let them back into the cows at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

4 or 5 days left to the 10k post:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

pakalasa wrote: »
    No, but seen the stock for sale at the Limousin Sociey sales. Stock are all of the same type, big powerful and very correct. You can see the farm on this video from 9mins. Super animals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxNAdXUvs8Q

I know the family. Very nice people and good neighbours. They are breeding super stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

snowing here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

There will be a few pigs shouldering against each other coming up to that. Me included oink oink!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

whelan1 wrote: »
    snowing here

And in S LM too. Is it in the south of Ire?
    The cow that calved last night is a shocker of boldness. She even went for me through the gate this morn.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Not entirely relevant but I put it in my Mum's card today;

The local farmer knocked on my door today and said, "Can you do something about your dog, he keeps worrying my sheep."

"Has he been chasing them?" I asked.

He replied, "No, he's been telling them about global warming, world poverty and the economic crisis."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

After having an awful tuff pull with a big lim bull calf. His head was gone way back and I couldn't get it when I handled her, the auld lad had a go at her then and after 20 minutes he managed to straighten it, there's a bitta life in the auld dog yet :)

photo_zps9ff46d33.jpg

photo_zps7e03ad14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Didn't get to the pub last night, went up to read a story for kids and fell asleep in the boy's room. Got up at 6 left chocs into the room where I should have been for herself. She is gone to see her mother with the kids today. I am just back home now and stove was hopping so chocs worked, never know I might get a treat tonight!!!

All us guys should really apreciate what our wives do for us, I know that only for my wife's support and perspective we wouldn't have gotten to where we are today. She never blinked once during the really cash strapped early days. One thing I noticed on a trip to NZ a few years ago was that the most successful farm business' were husband and wife teams.That ends my contribution for Mothyer's Day.

Toaday I was on my own and couldn't believe that nothing went wrong and all calves were well this am and no calvings to boot.
    I took advantage of the family's absence to go into the office with no phone to interrupt me. We sold a lot of cows and heifes in the past 10 days so I got all paper work uo to date.....great feeling!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Should the op be allowed to have the honours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mooneboy

Just wondering any word on Weanling Bull Prices at the moment are the up or down would the end of march be a good time to sell or should I leave it until April. They are all black lim bulls fantastic looking animals weighting approx 360kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Are you searching the whole country for a bit of talent bob :D

When your looking for good breeding stock Redzer, you have to be prepared to travel the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Reserved for whelan1 me thinks ;)

came in from milking to a bath ready, meal cooked, complete with cava, daughter wrote out menus and taking orders, just waiting for dessert now! christmas crackers as well:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hoseman

just do it wrote: »
    second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Watchin a cow to calve the last week, she had the decency to do it today when i was at lunch. Usually as quiet as a lamb but the tramp went for me when i tried to line the calve up to suck. Got the iodine on him and pointed him in the right direction but had to scatter.
    I also bought an incalf heifer a couple of months back with her time up in mid feb. She still hasnt calved and no sign of her even starting to spring up. I bought her private and he said he would take her back without even asking. Hes a decent sort and between two minds on what to do but where would i stand if he wouldnt take her back?

get vet to handle her , maybe let previous owner know the story before vet handles her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

just do it wrote: »

I agree. One problem though, on the phone I can't see post counts so if it is the same for everybody it could be taken by accident by another poster.

thanks lads, oh went out to feed, tractor wont start:(:( will have to get mechanic back tomorrow, thinks relay that was causing problem on friday may be to blame:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

thanks lads, oh went out to feed, tractor wont start:(:( will have to get mechanic back tomorrow, thinks relay that was causing problem on friday may be to blame:mad:
    Give it a gentle tip with a hammer. Sometimes they just stick.

• Advertisement

engine turning but not starting, took relay off 3 times , took of filters fuel coming, lights not coming on on dash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Just so you guys know, we mods are under instruction to close any thread that reaches 10,000 posts. This is for technical reasons, as mega-threads place a very high load on the servers as they try to keep track of post counts and keep the database up to date and properly searchable.

Anyhow, this thread will be closed at or around the 10,000 post mark, so sort it out among yourselves who gets to be 'last'. :D

Normal procedure is for the mods to close (and un-stickey if applicable) the old one and create a new thread for the conversation to carry on.
    Usually, the last 20-30 posts in the old thread are copied into the new one and everything continues seamlessly from there, so we'll be doing that here too.

Any consensus on who might have 'First Post' in the new thread, or will we just stick a pin in the last page or two and go from there?

Indeed, we could just copy the last post from here and make it the first post in the new one if you like :D

Have you guys any thoughts or preferences on what the new thread might be entitled?
    'Farming Chit Chat II' is fine with us, but if you want to get creative, go ahead and make suggestions.

[/MOD]

yup think farming chit chat 2 would be great,what does every one else think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

@whelan1......Did you check all the electrical connector blocks under the bonnet near the cab? Sometimes they can come loose a bit, even if they look to be joined. Well they do on our New Holland. Seems a likely cause, especially when no lights at all on dash ;) Worth a look. I cable tied ours to keep them tight, but the heat of the engine stretches them over time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

yup think farming chit chat 2 would be great,what does every one else think?

You started this ball Rollin', ya might as well kick off part 2. :^)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

think whelan1 should have the honours of closing it and farming chit chat MKII would do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

Let them out:o:o

coolio, will put up next post to start new thread farming chit chat 2:D

welcome to farming chit chat 2, hope ye all enjoy the thread as much as the last one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

coolio, will put up next post to start new thread farming chit chat 2:D

Jaysus.........We didn't have to twist your arm:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement