Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 2 - Super Street Fighter 4 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 26/03/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Ok well you will need a powered splitter to ensure that there's no lag (Easycaps are not designed to record live play). If you don't have one, someone has one which belonged to AnimaX in the community but I don't know who.
    Well i have the ordinary splitters, one stream to the tv, the other to the pc. Virtual dub doesnt drop frames either so its pretty good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WasterEx wrote: »
    I use 'EasyCap', It's basic enough but after a bit of magic; compression, etc. the video looks pro:rolleyes:

Excellent! Cool i guess my console will be coming along for the ride too:p

Where u from WasterEx? Welcome to the community!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Where u from WasterEx? Welcome to the community!
    I'm from Ballincollig in Cork. Haha thanks :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well i have the ordinary splitters, one stream to the tv, the other to the pc. Virtual dub doesnt drop frames either so its pretty good.

Ok, well there's a good chance of no lag with non powered. Let Sairus test it out on the day and it's his call I guess (the problem with recording like that is that you will prob get a person who loses, gets salty and blames the lag caused by the recording... so make it his responsibility :) )

looking forward to the videos so! I may mirror one on my yt channel with a link to wherever you throw yours up if thats ok with you.

Ok, well there's a good chance of no lag with non powered. Let Sairus test it out on the day and it's his call I guess (the problem with recording like that is that you will prob get a person who loses, gets salty and blames the lag caused by the recording... so make it his responsibility :) )

looking forward to the videos so! I may mirror one on my yt channel with a link to wherever you throw yours up if thats ok with you.

Ahh i see:p yeah no problem! Sure we'll see what happens anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Easycap doesnt do hd though so if you are playing on hd tvs it will look pretty bad. I wouldnt fancy playing a tourney on that setup myself anyway.

bush wrote: »
    Easycap doesnt do hd though so if you are playing on hd tvs it will look pretty bad. I wouldnt fancy playing a tourney on that setup myself anyway.

Last year Cannes was played on SD CRTs!

Last year Cannes was played on SD CRTs!

Ye SD on SD is fine. SD on HD looks like crap though. Ive used a splitter on my easycap to my tv. Doesnt look nice at all.

Ye SD on SD is fine. SD on HD looks like crap though. Ive used a splitter on my easycap to my tv. Doesnt look nice at all.

That's why all the guides say powered splitter though, it increases the signal strength so it looks a bit better.

Still up to the lads on the day though, looking like crap doesn't annoy me personally long as it's not jumpy or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ok well you will need a powered splitter to ensure that there's no lag (Easycaps are not designed to record live play). If you don't have one, someone has one which belonged to AnimaX in the community but I don't know who.

This the Grand Hand View thing or whatever? I have that cause you didn't have room to take it in your bag after an Inferno ages ago. Can give it to whoever has a use for it.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    This the Grand Hand View thing or whatever? I have that cause you didn't have room to take it in your bag after an Inferno ages ago. Can give it to whoever has a use for it.

Yeah that's the one. It should basically go to whoever wants to be the back up if I'm sick/ German/ whatever and can record in my stead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well, this is interesting, if this setup goes through, I want the rematch between me and Seanalot recorded. And yes, I've being practising like mad and I think I've leveled up a lot recently too and I mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cheers :pac:

But yar, I was going to suggest we test it out on the setups we have there before commiting to matches. Us fighting game enthusiasts are a salty bunch :pac:

Well, this is interesting, if this setup goes through, I want the rematch between me and Seanalot recorded. And yes, I've being practising like mad and I think I've leveled up a lot recently too and I mean that.

Gowan the misty, get hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

prenelf wrote: »
    Cool, hope to see you there man. :( Wait... Sodium levels rising:mad:

I'm sure you'll 'ave your revenge! Maybe...

:P

Break out the guile prenelf, give him something to really worry about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Break out the guile prenelf, give him something to really worry about :D

"When in doubt, I... don't use guile". Seriously though my guile is about as useful as **** flavored lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

I will be attending along with 2 other players (gouke and the mad smiles) and possibly 2 who want to watch , will they have to pay to watch if not entering i imagine this will be the deciding factor? I can bring my copy of the game if needed and i will be bringing my stick if anyone needs to borrow ...

I will be attending along with 2 other players (gouke and the mad smiles) and possibly 2 who want to watch , will they have to pay to watch if not entering i imagine this will be the deciding factor? I can bring my copy of the game if needed and i will be bringing my stick if anyone needs to borrow ...
    Nah, no payment for just watching. The tenner is for entering the tournament. Bigger crowds, more hype! :D
    And yar, it'd be great if you can bring the game. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

are you one of the dudes i was chatting to on ggpo?

• Advertisement

are you one of the dudes i was chatting to on ggpo?
    Yep, my friend 'hadouken' aswell.

Sairus am running a little late after wedding. On way now might be 15 mins late. Can you assign me to a group?

Excellent job today! keep em' coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

;) lol Like I said I would join Boards.ie. Great games everyone enjoyed my first tourney & got lucky on my 3rd place win :D Keep it up and thanks Sarius.

P.S. Need more MAHVEL =) next time :cool:

Results plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Sairus won. Again. If I wasn't already suspicious after the last one, I'd be getting there now.

Results plz

Now that my belly is full of delicious prize money funded pizza, bask in the glory of todays results!

1st - Sairus
    2nd - Shokashi
    3rd - VizardAnto
    4th - Future Guy
    5th - Misty Chaos
    5th - Silver Steeez
    6th - Mack
    6th - Seanalot

Cheers for coming down y'all - I was quite happy with how it all went down. Great to see some new faces in the crowd too - especially when they come out of nowhere to place third. There was also some epic down to the wire matches on show, so good stuff!
    Overall crowd was down to 13 this time - one lower than last year, but there were nine new faces. Population in Cork is definitely enough to run these regularly :D Next month Tempest shall be back.

I filmed a bunch of matches, but I wont get around to cropping/converting those till tomorrow. I'm about to collapse! XD
    I'm looking forward to reliving the much anticipated Misty Chaos vs Seanalot match :D

Interesting that aside from myself and Seanalot the entire top eight from the last tournament were missing from the event this time. Couldn't handle the soul power it seems. :pac:

Thanks to sairus for running a very smooth event. Completely destroyed by matts Cody, never even got started. Played Misty twice who has clearly levelled up. Ggs to everyone I played.

There was a great crowd who made the final matches very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to everyone I played today. It was a good day for me as I killed 2 birds with 1 stone, that is getting out of groups for the first time in a tournament and beating Seanalot. :D ( Told you I'd have my revenge! )

Seriously, all the matches I played from groups till I got knocked out in losers semis were all intense and went down to the 3rd match, I was literally shaking after I ( barely ) won my first match in groups!

Have to say you've leveled up too, FutureGuy, good stuff.

As for me and a Seanalot, he'll probably be back in a month to get his revenge for me beating him. I say bring it on! Seriously though, this sort of friendly rivalry is only going to serve to make both of us into better players as we try to outdo each other, which can only be a good thing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good games lads. Little disappointed with my own performance but it's good tournament experience, and a learning experience :)

Thanks again Sairus for an excellent event - very smooth and nice venue!

🤪

Advertisement