Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 2 - Super Street Fighter 4 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 26/03/11

Options
  • 12-02-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

At long last, round two of the Cork tournament scene opens up!
    There'll be a Super Street Fighter IV event upstairs in the NewPort Bar on Paul's Street, Cork on the 26th of March. Plenty of time for y'all to get in shape.

Entry is €10 to the tournament.

The venue will open up for casuals at 11.00. The tournament will kick off at 12.00. This is a little earlier than last time, but we're getting kicked out at 18.00 so I want to try and have as much time as possible to get things going - I'm going to be riding pretty hard on keeping matches running as quickly as possible.

Again like last time, this tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s. Sorry all you PS3 boyos. Now might be a good time to invest in a converter.

There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.

Finally, running this tournament hinges on how much equipment can be brought. Anyone who can supply any monitors, tvs, consoles, games, etc please let me know!

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

And heres me thinking you'd fallen off the face of the Earth. :rolleyes:

But anyway, yes I'm of course up for this.

I can also say that I am more than willing to supply my own Xbox on the day, I'll let you know closer to the date.

Oh and Seanalot better be there, I want revenge!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to try my best to get down for this.

And heres me thinking you'd fallen off the face of the Earth. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, sorry about that down time between events. I just kept putting off calling them for one (usually bull****) reason or another.
    I'll try and get these monthly from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Count me in. Can deffo bring a console/game/few controllers. Dunno about being to bring a monitor or not yet tho..will let you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sounds cool. Hope to be along!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Awesome. I've been waiting for you to set up another one. I'll be there and hopefully I can bring a couple of people with me. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

Well I just hope you've been practising misty because My Psycho Power Knows NO LIMIT!

I'll spread the good word about the tournament.

ugh...just realised I have a wedding on the Friday. A big wedding. I'll still try to make it though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be able to tell you closer to the day. Should be MvC3 though >_>

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be able to tell you closer to the day. Should be MvC3 though >_>

Not all of us got our copies of MvC3 :(

I'll try and get some posters for this made up tomorrow. See if any new recruits can be dredged up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

seanalot wrote: »
    Well I just hope you've been practising misty because My Psycho Power Knows NO LIMIT!

I'll spread the good word about the tournament.

USQqT.jpg

Seems like I have a reason to put down MvC3 for a while then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

way-hey gonna be able to make this. can provide console and game, just let me know in if ye need it.

mackg wrote: »
    way-hey gonna be able to make this. can provide console and game, just let me know in if ye need it.

Console and games always welcome! :D

Sairus wrote: »
    Console and games always welcome! :D

I should be able to bring down a Xbox and a copy of the game. Maybe even bring down a couple of controllers and sticks as well if you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Yup, up for it. Can being a Monitor and Game.

Speedhaak wrote: »
    Yup, up for it. Can being a Monitor and Game.

Cool, hope to see you there man. :( Wait... Sodium levels rising:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

When you initially posted this I was reasonably sure I'd be coming down, but the launch of MvC3 has resulted in me playing a lot less SSFIV. When I have played SF I'm so horribly bad that it drives me away very quickly, so I'm going to give it a miss I'm afraid.

Good luck with the tourney though. Nice that you're good enough to attract prenelf when the (much closer) Limerick tourneys never were. :p SALT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Still hoping to make this....and be back in Limerick Citaaaayyy in time for Rubberbandits :)

Ye recording / streaming?

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh **** this is this weekend. On the one hand, woo Cork! And the other hand EW SSF4. We'll see.

• Advertisement

I said a whle ago that I'd be making posters for this, but after Cannes my financial situation is still a lot tighter than I thought it'd be, so I never put one together. Hopefully we dont miss on too many potential players.

Currently we've got 5 consoles and 5 tvs, which'll be less than last time, but still should be managable if no one else can bring any. Offers of equipment are still very welcome though! :D

I'm going to have to hit SSFIV hard this week XD I haven't played it since Cannes!
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Ye recording / streaming?
    I'll bring my camera and tripod anyways, alas streaming is still a little beyond my tech set up :pac: My laptop's power cable is held in place with blutak XD

traded in mvc3 so no doubt what I'll be playing :)

Also, I forgot to mention this before - there's no food or drink allowed to be consumed on the premesis that wasn't bought in the NewPort. I'll remind y'all of this on the day, but I figure there's no harm mentioning it here.
    There is a bar downstairs that serves food, but aside from that you'll have to eat any lunch outside. :/
    There's a Tesco and shopping center across the plaza though, so there's plenty of shelter should you need to feast.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey everyone :) ahh its good to be here...:o

Anyway...
    Just thought i'd let ye know that myself and possibly 2 other friends of mine will be able to attend the event; that is if its open to everyone.

If ye need it i can spare you a screen capture device and maybe console on the day? might come in handy, .:rolleyes:
    Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) ahh its good to be here...:o

Anyway...
    Just thought i'd let ye know that myself and possibly 2 other friends of mine will be able to attend the event; that is if its open to everyone.

If ye need it i can spare you a screen capture device and maybe console on the day? might come in handy, .:rolleyes:
    Cheers

What you using to record?

It'd be really good if there was someone who was not me recording these things sometimes :D

Cheers
    These are most assuradely open to everyone! :D The more the merrier!

Any and all equipment is also very much appreciated. Direct video capturing would also be very awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

What you using to record?
    I use 'EasyCap', It's basic enough but after a bit of magic; compression, etc. the video looks pro:rolleyes:

Excellent! Cool i guess my console will be coming along for the ride too:p

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

FutureGuy wrote: »
    traded in mvc3 so no doubt what I'll be playing :)

Come to mortal kombat with me :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I use 'EasyCap', It's basic enough but after a bit of magic; compression, etc. the video looks pro:rolleyes:

Excellent! Cool i guess my console will be coming along for the ride too:p

Ok well you will need a powered splitter to ensure that there's no lag (Easycaps are not designed to record live play). If you don't have one, someone has one which belonged to AnimaX in the community but I don't know who.

• Advertisement

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Come to mortal kombat with me :D

Limerick Mortal Kombat....A boy da Kid, you win, Fatality! I see worse in Limerick on a regular basis so MK gore has no effect on me.

Disclaimer: Limerick isn't that bad. Honest.

Advertisement