Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before you marry the daughter, look at the mother.

Options
  • 11-02-2011 4:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

I've heard this a few times recently. (Oh what a sheltered life I've lived until now. :) )

Do men really go by this? It's a bit daft, considering women receive traits from both parents, and sometimes take after their father, or even other rellies more. Plus, you and yer mamma are different people with different personalities which makes a difference. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If their father died young and they have money I will defintely marry them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Before you marry the daughter, look at ride the mother)

fyp, AH style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

before you marry your daughter look at your mother?

your weird op...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

This is not true at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do men really go by this? It's a bit daft, considering women receive traits from both parents, and sometimes take after their father

Well you can check out her father if you're that way inclined...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

steve06 wrote: »
    Well you can check out her father if you're that way inclined...

The point I'm making inarticulately is we all have to take our chances in this world! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

im 26 .. but when i was younger i thought all these sayings like 'look at the mother' ... even other things like 'dont judge a book by its cover' , 'all is fair in love and war' etc etc werent necessary true.

one thing i've learned is over the years.... there is a reason why they caught on. Because they are true. Sure there can be exceptions to the rule but generally they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Do men really go by this?

Some men do. It's a rule of thumb, like "people get fatter after they marry", and "the last blowjob you'll ever get will be on your wedding night".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Unforunately MILFS are few and far between. Stay single lads.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    im 26 .. but when i was younger i thought all these sayings like 'look at the mother' ... even other things like 'dont judge a book by its cover' , 'all is fair in love and war' etc etc werent necessary true.

one thing i've learned is over the years.... there is a reason why they caught on. Because they are true. Sure there can be exceptions to the rule but generally they are right.

I'm also 26, and wouldn't be bothered by what a boyfriend's Dad looks like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'm also 26, and wouldn't be bothered what a boyfriend's Dad looks like!

Thats because men get better looking as they get older. Women get older looking and small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I'm also 26, and wouldn't be bothered what a boyfriend's Dad looks like!

But surely you can agree with me that alot of famous sayings are generally right. One thing i found out. Of course, as i say, always exceptions.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Thats because men get better looking as they get older. Women get older looking and small.

You WISH that was true. ;) Most men don't become better-looking. Well, if they have money they do.

PS Men get older looking too. Shocking, I know. And not in a good way.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    But surely you can agree with me that alot of famous sayings are generally right. One thing i found out. Of course, as i say, always exceptions.

And some are throwbacks. ;)

PS Men get older looking too. Shocking, I know.
    but our tits don't fall to our knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

With todays cosmetics this is getting harder and harder to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

And our arses don't look like crumpled paper :pac:

Your ball sack will though. ;)

And I've actually seen perky (real) older breasts and not small ones at that, believe it or not!

ok, lets get to the bottom of this... Has your fella been checking out your mam?

• Advertisement

ok, lets get to the bottom of this... Has your fella been checking out your mam?

No, I genuinely just heard this first for the first time a few months ago, and then a fair few times since.

It's kinda depressing.

No, I genuinely just heard this first for the first time a few months ago, and then a fair few times since.

It's depressing.

don't worry about it, plastic surgery is cheap these days.

If I ever get to the stage of marrying a guy, I'll say I'll do my best to look good but that no-one knows what the future will bring. It's up to him whether he sticks around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

You WISH that was true. ;) Most men don't become better-looking. Well, if they have money they do.

PS Men get older looking too. Shocking, I know. And not in a good way.
    Women age quicker though.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Women age quicker though.

Judging by the state of the people I left school with 10 year ago, that's not true. A lot of the blokes don't look so great (and some of the girls too).

An very old-fashioned view. ;) And I'd love to know what you're basing that on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

..... or you could look at the father (to see how worn out and crushed you're gonna be 20 years from now0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Judging by the state of the people I left school with 10 year ago, that's not true. A lot of the blokes don't look so great (and some of the girls too).

An very old-fashioned view. ;) And I'd love to know what you're basing that on.
    On average male skin ages ten years slower than female skin. Its due to testosterone. Google it.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    On average male skin ages ten years slower than female skin. Its due to testosterone. Google it.

OK, thanks. :)

I would have to say though - deal with it!

EDIT: Couldn't find much on Pubmed on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

...or look like like two over-cooked three day old fried eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I'd me more concerned about how she treats her parents/siblings than how much she looks like them.

Let's face it - once they get married, most people have about ten years of being good looking left. Then it's a steep, steep slope down to fugly middle age. You're gonna have to live with your partner once they turn into a minger. You'd better be damn sure you actually like them. If they spend all their time talking smack to their family, you can be damn sure that's how they're going to talk to you in twenty years' time.

Advertisement