Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

fussyonion wrote: »
    My mistake..I did pay €5.49..I had been looking at a price for something else on a shelf below it.
    Sorry for misleading when I said it was €2.49!
    But still, €5.49 is still a bargain!

Still a bargain in my books :-). Fussyonion pity your not on commision for catrice with us al buying it today lol. I shall be giving it a go 2moro. I happened to get chatting to what i presume was a rep from the company refilling the stand and she recommended the new highlighter/illuminator pen thing, she said its been raved about - I didnt take the plunge coz i really dont need it at the moment but have to say it did look good swatched on her hand

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Saw the Catrice palette today and was tempted but the packaging always puts me off!
    Instead bought the Loreal Infallible foundation today, used the Infallible matte before its too drying on my skin (Personally I think its identical to Doublewear) but I loved it mixed with a more dewy foundation so think the regular one might work for me.

If anyone is looking for a drugstore matte palette with more than your basic neutrals I highly recommend the Sleek Ultra Matte's Vol. 2.
    The Vol 1 palette is all brights I think but the Vol. 2 is perfect for day to day/work use.

I use it every day and can have a different look/colour combination. I bought it a few months ago and wasn't that blown away by the colours and instead used the Oh so Special palette but now I'm fully committed to the ultra mattes. Love Pillow Talk for a brow bone highlight and it looks great in pictures. I've hit pan on three colours and really think I might buy a new palette once I've run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can anyone suggest any nice orangy brown eye shadows? Have urban decay riff and love it but want to try a few more. Love those colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

anna080 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest any nice orangy brown eye shadows? Have urban decay riff and love it but want to try a few more. Love those colours

Inglot have some lovely colours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Debenhams have a sale on..

There is a benefit sugarglam fairy tin on offer. Was 65, now €39!!
    Full size big lash mascara
    Full size hoola bronzer,
    Full size primer
    Miniature tinted blusher!!

I bought two sets! One for me. Other for xmas pressie!!

Mascara alone is 26€ and hoola €30.50!!

Bargain!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got the new miu miu perfume from the OH.
    I cannot stop smelling myself. It's amazing. Even the bottle is amazing. I love it.

Has anyone used the benefit foundation?

I saw people with the like, vinyl disc shaped one, recommended?

I currently love the no7 bb cream, can't find a better one for day time, still looking! !

shakencat wrote: »
    Has anyone used the benefit foundation?

I saw people with the like, vinyl disc shaped one, recommended?

I currently love the no7 bb cream, can't find a better one for day time, still looking! !

I know the one you're talking about, my sister had it and it looked amazing on her, but i have to admit everything does :o she has great make up skills so even the cheapest of stuff she makes work somehow.

If you like bb creams you might like the max factor foundation thats in a similar package to the benefit one, think its called creme something. God I'm awful with names, its a lovely creamy compact and its easy to apply like a bb cream.

Edit: its called miracle touch! :pac:

Benefit wouldn't be known for having good foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Agree with above, that Benefit foundation in the disc is very drying & difficult to apply. Ended up binning it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I find all Benefit products really gimmicky. I wouldn't rebuy anything from them.

I started using Aussie Three Minute Miracle. It does a great job but I can't stand the smell. Is there anything similar to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

You're right lazygal, gimmicky is the word for them. The new eyeliner yoke is useless, gave up on it, another expensive mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I love the benefit play stick ( although they are discontinuing it ) :mad:

Lovely finish on it and has tea tree oil in so not harsh on the skin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hate benefit products! Have bought a few over the years but never anything I would repurchase. Hate the packaging too which seems to be popular enough. Only thing I have now is high beam but it's years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I love the benefit Hoola bronzer and one of their blushes aswell. I don't like the little boxes theyre in though because my brush is quite big so i can't get in a proper swish/swirl! If that makes sense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Got the new Palmer's Coconut oil hand cream. I suffer with dry and cracked skin on my hands during the winter. I love their cocoa butter formula anyway, but this one is even thicker, takes a bit to soak in properly but it's really luxurious, it feels like I've got a protective layer on my hands. Smells amazing too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I love the benefit Hoola bronzer and one of their blushes aswell. I don't like the little boxes theyre in though because my brush is quite big so i can't get in a proper swish/swirl! If that makes sense. :D

I have Hoola and Coralista; love them both but I tend to go home most weekends and the boxes are so awkward to pack in a small make-up bag.

/firstworldproblem

I recently got their cheek tint, its in a similar pot to high beam, and its lovely, gives my cheeks a little sheen :)

I love Hoola too... and bad lashes I think it's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tried the porefessional and thought it was utter rubbish, I have the bella bamba blush and love it. Not a fan of the box though.

Now that I think of it, I only have two blushers, bella bamba and a matte duty rose pinky one by Bobbi Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I like the Benefit blushes but the packaging is terrible. The surface area is too small to get a good swirl of colour or load your brush and the packaging is far too bulky. The cardboard also wears away and I don't like how it's not air tight like a plastic container would be. They're the only products I've bought that I still use but I'd sooner buy a Bobbi Brown or MAC blush instead.

I've tried other Benefit products, They're Real was a waste of money, made no difference to my lashes. I got a free sample of Porefessional and didn't find it any good. Boing concealer and Lemon Aid were okay the first few uses but went dry and gritty really quickly. I binned both of them after a few uses. I also got a free Benetint with a magazine. I find it drying on the lips. As a blush it's okay but I have cheaper brands (elf and Make Up Revolution) similar idea (liquid blush) that works better IMO.

I think Benefit get by on cute packaging and gimmicks rather than quality products. That's my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I really love the Rockateur blush think it's a lovely colour. I also had a really lovely lipgloss of this colour from Benefit aswell. Most likely called Rockateur lipgloss.

Love the They're Real Mascara and I had great success with the push up liner but I get how people would find it annoying, there's just a bit of a knack to it. Used Bad Gal mascara years ago and regularly repurchased it.

Girl meets Pearl I think? Highlighter/brightener thing was awful. Also hate benetint.
    I did use Highbeam a lot but I feel I've outgrown it now.

Porefessional no good for me but I do makeup quite often for other people and I regularly use this and it works great on other skin types.

Boing concealer I have used but no memory of it now.
    I had the smokey eyes palette many years ago and didn't particularly like it but back then I didn't much experience with makeup anyway.

I have Four of the perfumes and while two of them are quite pleasant the other two are vile. Laugh with me Lee Lee or something like that is nice but Under my spell Noelle is ick. Can't remember the other two at the moment and don't have them to hand.

I don't have brow zings but I have the sleek version and it's great, that being said why would I buy it when the sleek one is a third of the price.

Wow reading back on it I realize I've used way more Benefit products than I thought. But majority of the above were gifts and I doubt I'd repurchase myself even if I do run out. Only one at the moment I'm considering is They're Real mascara. But if I do I'll do it in be in Cara Pharmacy when they do a 20% off weekend so it'd be 20 euro.

I do like some of their stuff but its way way overpriced. Very high end prices but only mid end products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

They're Real is my favourite mascara. I forgot to pack it in my makeup bag yesterday and had to use a backup soap and glory i had. It was crap!

They're real has been the absolute worst mascara I've ever used

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

They're real has been the absolute worst mascara I've ever used

Me too! I found it absolutely rubbish and I was kicking myself for wasting e26.50 on it! It must work well with a specific type of eyelash that I obviously don't have.

I loved it.. just hated washing it off.

Or lack of washing it off!!!
    Like glue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I really like the Benefit Roller Lash - I have long pale eyelashes and I find most mascaras are lengthening and volumising so if I use them in the day time my eye lashes look a bit false. Had been using the pink and green maybeline mascara for as long as I can remember but it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. It like the Roller Lash on my lashes, it defines them but doesn't plaster them in mascara.
    I also use Porefessional on my cheeks and nose but as it's so expensive I only use it for my "good make up", not for every day use.
    I also use the eye cream it's potent - it's good but... I'm just not sure about Benefit and face care...
    I have a few other benefit products, benetint, high beam - I had forgotten I had them really until I read this thread. I do like the packaging, design and marketing of Benefit - it looks so nice and girlie - but at 30 I think it's now a bit young for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

They're Real is okay at best, in my opinion. I like it but when you consider that you can get really great mascaras for less than half the price of it (I'm using catrice all round and Nyx propel my eyes atm), it really isn't worth the money at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I had a voucher for a free No 7 Colour Match lipstick in Boots so I got this one, Soft Tulip. On me it looks a bit more nudey pink so a good everyday colour.

no7-matchmade-image-calico-soft_tulip.jpg

Also got this Colour Match blusher in Apricot Blossom (shown on the left here, photo from reallyree.com)
    no7-match-made-powder-blusher-review-639x426.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Agree with all the posts about Benefit, just gimmicks. Have tried many of their products over the years and the only thing I liked was Georgia peach blush (since discontinued) and even that was overpriced for what it was. Got They're Real free with a magazine and it was dire! Wouldn't touch their products now.

I got Estée Lauder little black liner, can't wait to play around with it.

Advertisement