Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can't remember the exact price but it's about €120 :eek: but it will last for ages and I am very happy with how it has affected my skin so far.

Wow. For that price it would want to make me wake up looking like Claudia Schiffer

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

fifi28 wrote: »
    Picked up the Aldi Lacura Day cream, Night cream and Anti-Wrinkle serum today.
    Looking forward to seeing how they compare to my usual No7 Protect & Perfect coz just cant afford those at the moment!

I bet you'll love them!!! ;)

Great choice :)

I've been using these for about a year & have been getting loads of compliments about my skin!

(I'm almost 49 & never looked after my skin until last year! :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

keredern wrote: »

I've been using these for about a year & have been getting loads of compliments about my skin!

Thanks. I got the ones in the white boxes as I wasnt sure if the ones in the red boxes were for older skin (Im 34). Ive always worn makeup (maybe too much lol) but like yourself I only started properly looking after my skin in the last 18 mths since I ditched the dreaded ciggies!

Thanks. I got the ones in the white boxes as I wasnt sure if the ones in the red boxes were for older skin (Im 34). Ive always worn makeup (maybe too much lol) but like yourself I only started properly looking after my skin in the last 18 mths since I ditched the dreaded ciggies!

Haven't used that range...I use the Expert one in the red boxes.

I think you're right about the age range though, so you're probably using the correct one for your skin.

Well done on the ciggies...I don't have that vice...just food & chardonnay!!! lol :D

Haven't used that range...I use the Expert one in the red boxes.

I think you're right about the age range though, so you're probably using the correct one for your skin.

Well done on the ciggies...I don't have that vice...just food & chardonnay!!! lol :D

Lol, ah sure there is worse you could be doing! Going to give these a go and if not happy will give the expert range a go - Im googling the rest of their products to see what other expensive products I should be swapping from ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I got the red Penneys lipliner yesterday evening. But when I opened it at home last night, it was like the point at the top of it was broken off. Does anyone know if the lipliner twists or pushes up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I bought the Aldi h2o serum. It's amazing, and I do not say this lightly. A week in with visible improvements to my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Picked up the Aldi Lacura Day cream, Night cream and Anti-Wrinkle serum today.
    Looking forward to seeing how they compare to my usual No7 Protect & Perfect coz just cant afford those at the moment!
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I got the red Penneys lipliner yesterday evening. But when I opened it at home last night, it was like the point at the top of it was broken off. Does anyone know if the lipliner twists or pushes up?

Been using the day and night cream for about 4 months now, they did wonders for my skin, really improved the condition, but I'm switching to a different brand right now because they're clogging up my pores a bit. They rapidly cleared up my skin but now I think I'm leaning more oily/ muchless dry and they feel a bit heavy. But I think they'd be great for the winter months, if your skin tends to suffer, to really give your skin back some moisture.
    I've used the normal version of the serum for two months and I love it, picking up a new bottle today!

I don't know if the liner does push up but I picked up one of their lipsticks last week and brought it home (still sealed) and opened it to find half of it missing. Returned it yesterday and picked up a new one and the exact same thing again.

I highly recommend anyone that has a boots card to download the app. Spent 20euro in there yesterday and got over 600 points. 150 was just for spending over 15 euro and I also had various other offers including points for buying toothpaste and deodorant, both of which I needed. Lots of offers I don't use like 1euro off a seventeen product, which I wouldn't bother with unless I had something in mind. Had to pick up some clearasil pads for my sister, some more skin hair and nails tablets and there was an offer of 3 for 2 on skincare and beauty so decided to pick up some Astral cream as it was free. And Alessandra Steinherr said on snapchat that she uses it as base under her makeup. I wouldn't normally pick up something just on the basis of what someone said on snapchat but she uses pretty high end products and if she's using this as a base then it can't be too bad! Plus it was free and there was nothing else skincare/beauty wise that I needed so I just grabbed it and if I don't like I'll still use it on my feet or something.

Also went into Cara pharmacy and picked up some more essence gel top coat and also got one of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the colour Stockholm. Normally when I go in the whole range of these are gone so I was delighted to get one. Unfortunately it is absolutely identical on my lips to Velvet Teddy, which is my most recent Mac purchase. So I now have identical colours in different forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Great to hear about this... I must get some for my 56 year old skin.... only problem is mine is still mega oily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Used L'Oreal Elvive Nutrigloss Luminiser shampoo & conditioner for the first time yesterday. They contain the same ingredient colourists use to gloss hair. Tbh, I thought it was a total gimmick but they were on special in Penney's and I needed S&C.

I can see a visible difference in my hair after one wash. I'm blonde with pastel pink balyage so I can only imagine how amazing dark hair would look after this. Brilliant stuff.

loreal-paris-elvive-nutri-gloss-luminiser-high-shine-shampoo-conditioner-epiphanniea-review.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Used L'Oreal Elvive Nutrigloss Luminiser shampoo & conditioner for the first time yesterday. They contain the same ingredient colourists use to gloss hair. Tbh, I thought it was a total gimmick but they were on special in Penney's and I needed S&C.

I can see a visible difference in my hair after one wash. I'm blonde with pastel pink balyage so I can only imagine how amazing dark hair would look after this. Brilliant stuff.

I used that for about two weeks and it bult up terribly in my hair. First couple of washes it looked stunning, then it formed a waxy, dull build-up all over my hair and I had to go back to reverse washing with a light Pantene shampoo ad conditioner instead. Think the L'Oreal one might be better for occasional use - hope it acts differently on your hair than it did on mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've actually gotten desperate to stop build up in my hair and am rotating different shampoos and conditioners almost every time I wash it!

Tigi elasticate shampoo and conditioner (got it in a GrabOne deal) - smells nice, hair never feels really squeaky afterwards when you rinse it but it looks nice and shiny.

Aussie mega volume shampoo and conditioner - I consider this my regular shampoo. Love the smell and leaves my hair clean and glossy.

Bumble and Bumble Straight shampoo and conditioner - my special occasion hair stuff. I got it as a birthday present and a little goes a LONG way (my hair is down to almost the end of my ribs and thick and I only need a 20 cent piece amount of shampoo and a 50 cent size amount of conditioner). I love this but I don't think I would ever be able to justify buying it myself so special occasions only!

Pantene clarifying shampoo followed by Pantene repair and protect conditioner - this shampoo is the best EVER for removing build up. The conditioner is great but you wouldn't want to use it every wash - it's fairly heavy on the silicone iirc but it's great to let soak in after the clarifying shampoo and leaves my hair looking really healthy.

I also use Lee Stafford treatment for Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length and I swear when I was trying to get my hair this long, it was my saving grace. My hair always got really weak and started snapping past shoulder length but I first got this about 5 years ago and it made the world of difference! I only use it once a week now and think it's worth every penny.

I realise I now sound completely mental with all the shampoo swapping but I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and am now getting 2 full days out of my hair again (it was looking greasy by early day 2 before).

I think I might have to get that Loreal one to give it a go. The only problem is my fella might leave me if I come with more bottles to squeeze into the bathroom :P he uses the Johnsons Baby Shampoo I keep around to wash my makeup brushes and can't understand why I need so many bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I have the same problem with build up etc. My hair is very fine. I find now if I use a big dollop of shampoo and really lather and lather it for ages, then rinse with tepid water it really does the job of removing any residue.

Guys for build up the kerastasse pre shampoo exfoliant is amazing. Now it's pricy, but you wouldn't need to use it that often. I have it a few months and it's still full to the top. Hair is like fluff after it, so weightless and gets rid of all product build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I realise I now sound completely mental with all the shampoo swapping but I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and am now getting 2 full days out of my hair again (it was looking greasy by early day 2 before).

I'd shave my head if I had to wash my hair every two days. I wash mine about every four or five days.

Will report back if the Nutrigloss causes a build-up on me. Used it for the second time today, still grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up the Catrice Absolute Nudes Matt palette yesterday:

x51mis.jpg

Haven't tried it out but it was only €2.49; if it's sh*te I won't have wasted much money, but if it's good I'll be impressed.
    I just really needed a matt palette as all my browns and nudes are shimmery.

Also picked up Essence Lipliner in "Honeybun".
    Tried it last night and it's pretty decent:

2l5f9s.jpg

fussyonion wrote: »
    Picked up the Catrice Absolute Nudes Matt palette yesterday:

Haven't tried it out but it was only €2.49; if it's sh*te I won't have wasted much money, but if it's good I'll be impressed.
    I just really needed a matt palette as all my browns and nudes are shimmery.

Also picked up Essence Lipliner in "Honeybun".
    Tried it last night and it's pretty decent:

Hi Fussyonion, just wondering where you got the palette for €2.49?

Was it on sale?

I've had my eye on it but it's usually €4.99 (I think).

Will you report back when you use it please? :D

I love Essence lipliners - I use them everyday.

They really make my lippie last!

Hi kere, no it wasn't on sale. I bought it in Penney's!
    My local store is Nutgrove (Dublin) and they have a Catrice stand, as well as an Essence stand.
    I'm 99% sure it was €2.49!
    I sure will report back on my verdict. I plan on using it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Finally getting around to playing with my Kat Von D goodies, and I want to thank everyone who posted in this thread about her Tattoo Liner, the good reviews here are what put it on my wish list . It is *unreal*. If you have the opportunity to get it, do, you absolutely will not regret it!

I hope I love the shade and light contour palette as much :)

OK, review on Catrice Absolute Matt Nudes palette.

Wore it last night and I cannot believe how amazing it is!
    I'm not the world's greatest applier of eyeshadow but these were a dream to apply.

Using a fluffy brush, I applied the dark brown to the outer edges of my eyes, then followed up with a light brown all over the mid part of the lid, then the very light colour to the corner of my eyelids.

Blended beautifully and looked gorgeous; honestly, I was so so impressed, and they lasted all night.

I would highly recommend this palette; I'm going to buy more palettes by Catrice; dying to try some other colours now that I'm so impressed.
    I actually think it was a better palette than my Naked 2!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I'm not the world's greatest applier of eyeshadow but these were a dream to apply.

Using a fluffy brush, I applied the dark brown to the outer edges of my eyes, then followed up with a light brown all over the mid part of the lid, then the very light colour to the corner of my eyelids.

Blended beautifully and looked gorgeous; honestly, I was so so impressed, and they lasted all night.

I would highly recommend this palette; I'm going to buy more palettes by Catrice; dying to try some other colours now that I'm so impressed.

I've been using this too for the last couple weeks. It's brilliant. Much prefer to the urban decay Which i find very powdery. Just used a primer and it lasted all day.

heyday30 wrote: »
    I've been using this too for the last couple weeks. It's brilliant. Much prefer to the urban decay Which i find very powdery. Just used a primer and it lasted all day.

Yeah, I find Naked 2 really powdery and not very pigmented.
    The Catrice palette is really smooth and highly pigmented.
    So thrilled with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

The Catrice velvet mattes are gorgeous too, the texture is amazing. I use mine as a highlighter.

Yeah, I find Naked 2 really powdery and not very pigmented.
    The Catrice palette is really smooth and highly pigmented.
    So thrilled with it :)

Thanks a million for the review!

Love Catrice for their foundations, shadows, lippies, and in fact, all their face products!!

I own absolutely loads & have only found a couple of duds.

Can't pass a Catrice or Essence stand without buying something!! Lol :o:o

I really don't need another palette but I have a feeling that matt one could find its way to my makeup room!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I bought the Aldi h2o serum. It's amazing, and I do not say this lightly. A week in with visible improvements to my skin.
    This stuff is the bomb. Its so hydrating and moisturising. I love it. Its super cheap too.

I also love their Q10 Anti Aging serum, its really moisturising and smells gorgeous. Can't wait til I'm in Aldi next so I can repurchase both of them.

For anyone who is/has used the GlamGlow supermud clearing mask, did you find it make your skin dry?

I have (had?) oily-combo skin but since I've started using this at the start of the summer (May time) my skin has slowly become much less oily and a bit more dry.

Its not tight or uncomfortable, and I don't have dry patches any more regularly than I normally would but my skin is definitely a lot less oily.

I've also been using my L'Oreal instant blur primer more and more, and its probably my favourite one by far.

Its mattifying, blurs (hides) my pores, any lines around my mouth/eyes, god this stuff is freaking amazing. My foundation looks so much better over it and lasts a lot longer too, only a few foundations do need to be powdered during the day but tbh, I could get away with not powdering, but I hate having any kind of shine to my face lol.

I've also been using my L'Oreal highlighters, or whatever they are and I'm not overly keen on them, they're a bit powdery, and a wee bit too glowy for the day time (just my opinion), they're prob better for night time, but then, I'm not a big high lighter person anyone (thought they were eye shadows/blusher when I bought them).

Been trying to use up my lip balms before repurchased the Nuxe Riev De Miel, and currently I am working my way through Trilogy's rosehip oil lip balm and when I put it on first, the smell of mint off it, eurgh. Am I the only one who doesn't like minty lip balms excluding blisteze (which I love), but any other minty balm, just eurgh.

Anyone here use Morphe shadows? My bf is getting me their 35o palette for Xmas (waiting patiently for it to be restocked so I can order it ASAP), but am considering getting one or two others too, just to justify the shipping cost.

Used my L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil Mask at the weekend and honestly, the more I use L'Oréal hair products the more I dislike them. It left my hair dull, heavy, weighed down and full of residue despite me rinsing my hair for ages. Must have spent 20 minutes rinsing my hair if not more using tepid water.

Much prefer my Tresemme Keratin Smooth mask, my hair feels much nicer after it.

Has anyone seen the Hask hair oils lately? I use the argan oil and I can't seem to find it anywhere at all. I've half a vial left and am using it sparingly as its disappeared from Penneys and nowhere else near me seems to have that particular one. Hope its not discontinued.

Well now Im goin to blame you for my spending lol. Based on your review I went and got this palette today, I paid €5.49 in pennys dundrum. I also picked up 1 of the little 3 baked shadow palettes and it was the same price I think - its called rose something but to me the shadows look more burgundy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Fussyonion I bought that catrice pallette today cause of you :p

Well now Im goin to blame you for my spending lol. Based on your review I went and got this palette today, I paid €5.49 in pennys dundrum. I also picked up 1 of the little 3 baked shadow palettes and it was the same price I think - its called rose something but to me the shadows look more burgundy.

My mistake..I did pay €5.49..I had been looking at a price for something else on a shelf below it.
    Sorry for misleading when I said it was €2.49!
    But still, €5.49 is still a bargain!

Tasden wrote: »
    Fussyonion I bought that catrice pallette today cause of you :p

Yay, hope you like it as much as I do!
    Definitely recommend applying the shadows with a fluffy brush...seems to blend perfectly that way.

• Advertisement

I too bought the catrice palette today! Also got two of their liquid metal eyeshadows both gold in colour, they're beautiful!

Advertisement