Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    ^^ Thanks for the update anna080!

That's such a shame about the Kiehl's products, I was thinking about picking up a few bits from them but I doubt I'll bother now. I'm glad you've settled into a routine that suits you :)

If only Origins wasn't so expensive :o

I've only tried the avocado eye cream from Kiehl's and found it to be a bit rubbish and very watery but have been interested in trying the midnight recovery concentrate and am having doubts now!

Origins is pricey but keep an eye in boots as I picked up the mask set half price and they had another set as one of their weekly offers a couple of weeks back so fingers crossed they'll have a few more deals before xmas!

Edit: Arnotts currently have a bit of a discount on some origins bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

@anna080
    Do you use just use the la roche posay serum during the day or at night too?
    I use the origins overnight mask too and I adore it! Just got a set from boots in their black Friday blowout with 3 different origins masks in it that I'm dying to try.
    Thanks for the update, liz earle cleanse and polish did me no good either but not as severe as your reaction!

At the moment because I love it so much im using it am & pm but I'll probably reduce this to just during the day once I'm 100% happy with the condition of my skin. Also don't want to go through it too fast I've spent enough on skincare lately! I honestly think this product would be kind on anyone's skin, it's very inoffensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've only tried the avocado eye cream from Kiehl's and found it to be a bit rubbish and very watery but have been interested in trying the midnight recovery concentrate and am having doubts now!

Origins is pricey but keep an eye in boots as I picked up the mask set half price and they had another set as one of their weekly offers a couple of weeks back so fingers crossed they'll have a few more deals before xmas!

Edit: Arnotts currently have a bit of a discount on some origins bits!

I'll keep an eye out over the next few weeks, thanks!

Btw for anyone interested, Debenhams have 15% off beauty right now. I bought my mam a few bits from Clarins for Christmas, and delivery is free over €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out over the next few weeks, thanks!

Btw for anyone interested, Debenhams have 15% off beauty right now. I bought my mam a few bits from Clarins for Christmas, and delivery is free over €30.

Is there a code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Is there a code?

Nope. Granted, not every single thing is reduced but it's still a help if something you want is reduced.

http://www.debenhams.ie/beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I bought so much stuff from make up revolution that I can not remember half of it.... But looking forward to getting it! And my free gift! Has anyone got feedback on them so far?

I'm hooked! The quality of their stuff is fantastic for such a low low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Can anyone recommend a mascara that won't flake off my lashes after a couple of hours? I've tried essence, No 7, Dior and Rimmel and after a few hours I'm left with black flecks around my eyes and cheeks :( I wear contact lenses too so the mascara has to be suitable for sensitive eyes. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just had a "I don't really need this but I NEED THIS" purchase, the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette

604214923072_nakedontherun_alt2.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000&sm=fit

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123932037899_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

anna080 wrote: »
    At the moment because I love it so much im using it am & pm but I'll probably reduce this to just during the day once I'm 100% happy with the condition of my skin. Also don't want to go through it too fast I've spent enough on skincare lately! I honestly think this product would be kind on anyone's skin, it's very inoffensive.

Hey - can you confirm which la roche posay serum you recommend ?

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I have the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and absolutely love it, it lasts ages and the effect on my skin the next morning is amazing. That said, it's not something to use every night - I'd say I use it 2/3 times a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mustard_igloo

Love this thread! I've had a huge haul in the last few weeks because I've started a make up artistry course. Also looking to start a blog, does anybody have any products they'd like me to try and test?

whatever76 wrote: »
    Hey - can you confirm which la roche posay serum you recommend ?

It's the La Roche Posay hydraphase intense serum. '24 hour rehydrating smoothing concentrate' for sensitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Love this thread! I've had a huge haul in the last few weeks because I've started a make up artistry course. Also looking to start a blog, does anybody have any products they'd like me to try and test?

Elizabeth Arden prevage anti-aging serum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Valentina wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a mascara that won't flake off my lashes after a couple of hours? I've tried essence, No 7, Dior and Rimmel and after a few hours I'm left with black flecks around my eyes and cheeks :( I wear contact lenses too so the mascara has to be suitable for sensitive eyes. TIA

I like Benefit They're Real, but it seems to be one of those products that people either love or hate.
    Stay well away from the Dita von teese for Art Deco mascara- it ruined two pairs of lenses and hurt my eyes before I realised what the culprit was!

My all time favourite is Max Factor Masterpiece Max. It often gets overlooked for others in the brand like false lash effect but it's an amazing mascara. Great for everyday and never flakes off. My eyes are extremely sensitive I'm allergic to my own tears and I never have had a problem with it. The brush is the perfect size and shape and I'll buy it as long as they keep making it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

sara1 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I like the sound of that, I must look out for one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

anna080 wrote: »
    My all time favourite is Max Factor Masterpiece Max. It often gets overlooked for others in the brand like false lash effect but it's an amazing mascara. Great for everyday and never flakes off. My eyes are extremely sensitive I'm allergic to my own tears and I never have had a problem with it. The brush is the perfect size and shape and I'll buy it as long as they keep making it!

That's a good one, too. I used that for a couple of years before switching to benefit theyre real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've used Maybelline The Falsies for the past two years without any issues :) (I have contact lenses myself). Never had problems with flaking and I've slept with it on many times after nights out and it still looked ok the next morning.

Also used Soap and Glory Thick and Fast in between The Falsies and liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Thanks for the recommendations :D I've tried They're Real and it just doesn't do it for me :/ I have that Soap & Glory one unopened from a gift set last year so I'll try that and if I've no luck I'll try the Max Factor one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

So I went to Boots today to get a prescription filled and while I was there I thought 'Hmmm, I need new mascara, I might try that one that someone recommended on Boards.ie'.
    Well. That's how it starts, isn't it? I was at the Maybelline stand and seen the Colour Drama pencils I was eyeing up a while ago and seen that it was 3 for 2 and as well as that if you buy 3 Maybelline products you got a free baby lips balm. So of course I wasn't going to miss out of that deal :P. Then I passed the MaxFactor stand and seen that one of the other mascaras that was mentioned here was free with a nail polish/eyeshadow/lipstick in a box when you spend €20 on MaxFactor so picked up a foundation to try and the next cheapest thing (which was a nail polish) to bring it up to €20.

I have a problem :( (But 10 things for the price of 4!)

2zfpsgh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A local pharmacy today had 20% off, so I treated myself to this trio palette by Lancome. An early Xmas present to myself.

Lancome Blush Subtil Palette Rose Flush 01

Photo from Freckles and Flawless Beauty

2qncosp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Never buy from seventeen for some reason (I always associate them with young teens or something) but I picked up their Falsifeye HD mascara on a whim a week or so back and I was blown away.
    I would be close to saying it is the best mascara I have ever tried. The volume is unreal and zero clumps. Can be beautifully lengthening after one coat or built up dramatically.
    Highly recommend!

Came on here to say the same, its mighty stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Picked up a Wet n Wild lipstick - "Sugar Plum Fairy", in Penneys today for 3 euro. I heard it was a dupe for MAC Rebel (which I haven't owned before), and it looks very very similar (pic not mine) so I'm glad I might have saved 15 quid :D Feels nice on too :)

DSCN0080+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Got given money to buy my own Xmas pressies so....

Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat lashes
    Stila in the garden palette
    Nars Tech fashion Lip glosses
    Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye and Lip palette
    Nars Sheer glow
    Nars Orgasm
    Lorac pro 2 palette

Lancome La Vie est Belle perfume

and

Zoeva Luxe complete set brushes (meant to be amazing) https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/luxe-complete-set/a-8000379/
    Zoeva cat eye eyeliner
    Zoeva concealer palette https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/face-makeup/concealer/concealer-palette/a-8000256/

A very happy xmas to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

javagal wrote: »
    Got given money to buy my own Xmas pressies so....

Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat lashes
    Stila in the garden palette
    Nars Tech fashion Lip glosses
    Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye and Lip palette
    Nars Sheer glow
    Nars Orgasm
    Lorac pro 2 palette

Lancome La Vie est Belle perfume

and

Zoeva Luxe complete set brushes (meant to be amazing) https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/luxe-complete-set/a-8000379/
    Zoeva cat eye eyeliner
    Zoeva concealer palette https://www.zoeva-shop.de/en/face-makeup/concealer/concealer-palette/a-8000256/

A very happy xmas to me!

Where could one find that lorac palette, definitely something for the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

Any one try - Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat lashes ? is it Worth the money ?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I need help ladies, I am going to try contouring, I am very pale. Which MUR palette would work best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

shalalala wrote: »
    I need help ladies, I am going to try contouring, I am very pale. Which MUR palette would work best?
    They have a sculpt and contour in ultra fair. Probably your best bet I would say. Best to start off with a light shade and light hand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

ShazGV wrote:
    I have oily skin, particularly my nose & chin, and I'm looking for a nice long wearing foundation, medium to full coverage with decent staying power. I've tried Double Wear & it's fine but nothing amazing, oil still comes through after a few hours. Part of the problem is that I'm also quite pale - I wear 1C1 Cool Bone in Double Wear & it's slightly too dark, as is MAC's NW15 (but I've only tried Studio Sculpt when I had drier skin!). The best I've used so far is Revlon Colorstay in Ivory which is a great colour match.

have you tried no7 matyifying make up base? itd quite intense so just use it on your oily areas. foundation simply will not sit on my nose without this stuff :-)

Advertisement