Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

bscm wrote: »
    Picked up Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi earlier. Excited to see if this works on my combo-oily mug and lives up to the hype :)

000110951?$prod_main$

my favourite foundation ever!! How do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went into bt on Tuesday to buy that nars foundation and the shop assistant was super rude so I didn't bother with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I had a voucher for Debenhams so I picked up the Sugarglam fairies Benefit kit in the 10% off sale for E58. I use Hoola and They're Real all the time so ended up getting the primer for free. I never use Benetint though and threw out two bottles last year! Really think the price of Benefit products is extortionate.

2m4ydc6.jpg

I also picked up two Urban Decay Revolution lippies which look fab so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Picked up a couple of lip liners from NYX, pale pink:
    pale_pink.jpg

Plum (not quite as brown as this pic makes it look, more purple toned):
    plum.jpg

And lipstick in the colour Tea Rose:
    1374367441.jpg

Also got Rimmel Provocalips in the colour I'll Call You (can't find a decent picture online but it's the plummy/purple one!), and a couple of Burt's Bees lip balms (my favourite!).
    Apparently I was all about the lip products today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

my favourite foundation ever!! How do you find it?

Good so far! Can get a bit weird at the end of the day, but that's after about 12 hours wear so I'm not too fussed by it :) Finish is good, surprising coverage as well so I'm quite happy
    Went into bt on Tuesday to buy that nars foundation and the shop assistant was super rude so I didn't bother with it

Keep trying :) Took me about three weeks of popping in and waiting for the assistants to stop serving people who turned up after me, in order to get a sample. Sadly my student budget has made me very careful about what I blow 40 euro on, and also my post-gym attire made them straight out ignore me on several occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

To be honest I would rather spend my money and contribute towards commission to people who aren't exceptionally ignorant. I spend about 200 euro a month on makeup, If they want to be rude and unpleasant and unprofessional, that's fine. Plenty of other counters willing to take my money. Shame though as I'd love to have tried the foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

To be honest I would rather spend my money and contribute towards commission to people who aren't exceptionally ignorant. I spend about 200 euro a month on makeup, If they want to be rude and unpleasant and unprofessional, that's fine. Plenty of other counters willing to take my money. Shame though as I'd love to have tried the foundation

I know exactly what you mean. I dislike going into BT as twice I have found the staff rude and unhelpful.

Recently I have begun using Burts bees pomegrante oil lip balm. It is so good. It leaves my lips so soft. It also has a light pink colour to it which is good as I dislike wearing lipstick. It is far better than their tinted lip balms. And more importantly doesn't break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Just ordered the NARS virtual domination blush palette from Space NK via parcel motel,very excited for it to arrive

s1643253-main-hero-300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

ShazGV wrote: »
    Plum (not quite as brown as this pic makes it look, more purple toned)

I've since discovered that the reason it's not as brown as it looks in the picture is because I didn't get Plum, I got Cabaret. :D
    $T2eC16RHJHcFFkdB+ngvBRn!GGTLN!~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Bit of a beauty haul for a recent wedding!
    Boots 17 Instant Bronzing Powder http://www.boots.ie/en/SEVENTEEN-Instant-Glow-Bronzing-Powder_1244779/ Awful stuff - recommended by the store assistant, who claims it's 'as good as the most expensive brands'. I beg to differ - dirty looking and impossible to blend.
    Rimmel Volume Flash waterproof mascara http://ie.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/volume-flash-x10-waterproof Smudged badly within an hour, although it is fairly volumising. Not as good as it used to be! Glad I tried it the day before the wedding.
    Catrice Ultimate Lash Multimizer Volume Mascara (waterproof) http://www.catrice.eu/en/products/eyes/mascara/detail/product/ultimate-lash-multimizer-volume-mascara-ultra-black-010.html Picked this up while queuing in Penney's - great mascara, added heaps of buildable volume and stayed in place for 25+ hours (through wedding tears, the ensuing session and the resulting long sleep!), brilliant price too!
    Cocoa Brown Night and Day tan http://www.cocoabrown.ie/beta/products/night-day-tan/ I loved this alot more than I expected to! I didn't use it as intended - it's meant to be applied for a night out (instant tan) and showered off to leave a faint glow in the morning. I applied it at night and showered off in the morning three times in a row until I had a nice hint of tan, perfect for my ultra pale skintone - definitely a great option as a gradual tanner. It faded really evenly and didn't build up on dry skin. Don't use your favourite bedsheets, and prepare to use a stain remover on them because this stuff definitely stains fabric. Worth it though. Great price - €6.60. I got 3 full body applications from the bottle and there's enough left for at least another 2.
    Bought this for a lady with fine, short hair and it's amazing. http://www.boots.ie/en/Remington-AS8090-Keratin-Therapy-Volume-and-Protect-Airstyler_1339456/ Already have a similar, non rotating one from John Freida that I use on a lady with very thick, strong hair in a short bob. Both are brilliant! Dries and styles hair in one step. Very strange to use on your own hair at first, but you get the hang of it very quickly. Difficult to use on longer hair, but a great way of adding volume - I use it on the front section of my hair and leave the rest to dry naturally!
    http://beaut.ie/2013/lancome-teint-visionnaire-foundation-and-concealer-duo-review-pictures/#.VHO4J_msVpc I like this alot. The concealer (in the lid) is the perfect consistency, blends well and doesn't settle in creases (my pet peeve!), and the foundation is light coverage but long lasting. Didn't require a touch up after 10-12 hours of wear (may have done after that, but I was past noticing or caring :P ) Worth the money. Palest shade a bit too strong for me without a bit of fake tan.
    Urban Decay Naked 2 - I've been using this for nearly a year now and I will be repurchasing! The only palette I've had that I've used and loved every colour. Excellent brushes too.
    Flower by Kenzo http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_117465983399_-1 The perfume I keep going back to - powdery, light but long-lasting and distinctive. Currently have 6 bottles of various sizes decorating my dressing table (including a dodgy Turkish knock-off someone brought me as a gift!) - I love that they vary the bottle type every few years, keeps things interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The Aussie range of haircare products are less than half price in Tesco at the moment (there were about 2 products not inculded afaik), so everything's around €2.80-ish if anyone needs to stock up. I picked up a Take the Heat conditioning spray, looking forward to trying it, I haven't used Aussie things in a few years and can't remember if I like them or not :P

Took advantage of the special offer. Got the 3 minute miracle conditioner which I find quite good. I often use the spray in conditioner miracle hair insurance but they had none there. I decided I'd take a chance with their dry shampoo awesome volume. It was terrible - it made may hair feel aweful, not awesome! Felt like I had a load of product build up, didn't make my hair feel anywhere near clean and it took 2 shampoos to get the feeling out of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Recently purchased the No7 Colour Calming Green Primer ( http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Colour-Calming-Primer-Green-40ml_1273865/).

Not impressed at all. Although it has a lovely, creamy consistency, it does not blend at all and sits on your skin. It gets stuck in my hairline (green eyebrows, anyone?) and has a the consistency of a set face mask once dry, with a greyish tinge.

Never used such a rubbish primer in my life! Can't comment much on its ability to counteract redness as the 5-6 times I used it I was completely distracted by my own frantic attempts at blending the stuff into my skin that I didn't notice a huge difference.

Would not recommend and would not repurchase. Its gone in the bin and I've gone back to MAC Prep & Prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Just ordered the NARS virtual domination blush palette from Space NK via parcel motel,very excited for it to arrive

s1643253-main-hero-300.jpg

This arrived Tuesday night so very fast delivery, really like it, the highlighter is a bit glittery but the blushers are fab and laguna is lovely, I'm quite pale but it still looks well on my skin with a light hand for contouring etc! Really like the pale pink blush, really good colour for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

. I decided I'd take a chance with their dry shampoo awesome volume. It was terrible - it made may hair feel aweful, not awesome! Felt like I had a load of product build up, didn't make my hair feel anywhere near clean and it took 2 shampoos to get the feeling out of my hair.[/quote]

I found the same thing it was like cheap hairspray m. Made me hair sticky and impossible to comb out. Yet to find anything better than baliste

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

tara83 wrote: »

I found the same thing it was like cheap hairspray m. Made me hair sticky and impossible to comb out. Yet to find anything better than baliste
    Boots and super drug own brand dry shampoos aren't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I picked up Elnett Heat Protection spray straight at work because it was on offer for €6. Just after using it for the first time and I'm well impressed! My hair was significantly smoother and less frizz than normal and maybe it's in my head but it dried a bit quicker... and all this with my crappy hair dryer. I can't wait to see the result when Santa brings my new hair dryer for christmas :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Just wondering has anyone tried charlotte tilbury wonder glow under Estée Lauder double wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Was up in Dublin yesterday and paid a visit to Space Nk and had a totally impulsive moment. So these were my Christmas presents to myself! :D

I grabbed the last Nars Virtual Domination palette. It's not like I need any more blushes but I couldnt help myself. It was just too lovely to resist. I think it was about €55.

I found on some website a description because I'm too lazy to think about it myself! :D
    Miss Liberty – soft shimmering peachy highlighter
    Deep Throat – sheer peach
    Sex Fantasy – pale lavender pink
    Final Cut – peachy coral
    Laguna bronzer

NARS-Virtual-Domination.jpg

Also having heard about the Oribe dry texturing spray on so many vlogs and blogs for ages I decided to give it a go. I got one of the mini bottles, ridicilous price of €23, but it gets raved about so I am intrigued.

oribe_drypursesize_900x900_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Lancome Teint Miracle foundation in 005 Beige Ivoire- the lightest shade. I had bought it over a year ago but I was still a makeup novice and forgot about it while experimenting with MAC and others. Now, I've started using it again and find it brilliant. I don't think it's ideal for oily skin, though.I will definitely be repurchasing when I can afford it.

Sample of Aveda shampure body lotion. Strong herbal/essential oil scent, nice glowy skin, it's good stuff.. would love to try the shampoo andconditioner in the Shampure range but they're expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

I picked up Elnett Heat Protection spray straight at work because it was on offer for €6. Just after using it for the first time and I'm well impressed! My hair was significantly smoother and less frizz than normal and maybe it's in my head but it dried a bit quicker... and all this with my crappy hair dryer. I can't wait to see the result when Santa brings my new hair dryer for christmas :D :P
    Where is this is on offer. I like it but it's quite expensive when it's not on offer. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Recently bought the urban decay revolution lipstick in 'fiend', its the perfect everyday my lips but better shade on me, really happy with it! Its a warm toned pink, very flattering as its one of those shades that brightens up the face, well worth trying if your nc15/20 and struggle to get an everyday colour that doesnt wash you out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Recently bought the urban decay revolution lipstick in 'fiend', its the perfect everyday my lips but better shade on me, really happy with it! Its a warm toned pink, very flattering as its one of those shades that brightens up the face, well worth trying if your nc15/20 and struggle to get an everyday colour that doesnt wash you out

I highly recommend this lipstick! It's very moisturising and has great staying power. I have it in F-bomb and Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Where is this is on offer. I like it but it's quite expensive when it's not on offer. Thanks

Tesco! It should be on offer for another two weeks.
    I work in pricing so I get to see all the good deals first thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I bought so much stuff from make up revolution that I can not remember half of it.... But looking forward to getting it! And my free gift! Has anyone got feedback on them so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I bought so much stuff from make up revolution that I can not remember half of it.... But looking forward to getting it! And my free gift! Has anyone got feedback on them so far?

They are fantastic!!!

I am their No. 1 fan! :)

I am also waiting on an order, it's about my 10th at this stage...I think I own almost all of their range so far!!!

I actually missed out on the free gift because I ordered about 3 days before it came up.

But I emailed them, explaining the situation & telling them how much I had previously bought & I got the most amazing reply from their MD!!!

He has asked his Marketing team leader to not alone send on the free gift, but also some extra goodies...NOW that's customer service!!!

They really are a brilliant company with such excellent products at prices that mean I can indulge my newfound passion!!! :o

Please post back when you get your delivery...I'm dying to know what you think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Wow that was so generous of them! Lucky you! Really excited to get my order, hope it comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Never buy from seventeen for some reason (I always associate them with young teens or something) but I picked up their Falsifeye HD mascara on a whim a week or so back and I was blown away.
    I would be close to saying it is the best mascara I have ever tried. The volume is unreal and zero clumps. Can be beautifully lengthening after one coat or built up dramatically.
    Highly recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So it's been over two weeks since my skincare splurge of the kiehls and origins variety. Having introduced them all into my routine gradually I think I now have a fair idea of what works and what doesn't. I find the origins stuff amazing! The mask is brill for overnight hydration and it doesn't feel like a mask at all; it literally melts into the skin and absorbs which I was very happy with, the thoughts of trying to sleep with a hard and firm mask on my face didn't appeal to me! The tissue off cleanser is fab! Amazing for removing make up. It can also be used by rubbing it into dry skin and removing with a warm wet face cloth; this technique worked best for me and my skin has never been softer or felt cleaner. Was especially happy with this after Liz Earle c&p turned out to be such a disaster for my skin. I actually splurged so much on good skin care in order to repair the damage that this did to it.

On the other hand I found the Kiehls oil free stuff to be absolute rubbish! The toner is the best of the bad lot, but it's nothing special and I actually prefer the simple brand toner in the green bottle. The oil free cleanser and oil free gel cream were absolute rubbish! Never have any skin care items dried my skin out so immediately and intensely. Had to lather on the moisturiser after using them! Won't be touching them again, thus my sister gets another nice pressie from me! (She also got my liz earle I couldn't use)

So since then I've purchased the La Roche Posay hydraphase intense system. This stuff is amazing! My skin feels amazing after using this and this used before the origins make a difference+ moisturiser make for an absolute dream team! (Pic below) i will not be budging from using these two for a while, if ever! I actually feel like my skin is hydrated and moisturised from deep within rather than the cream just sitting on the surface. My spots are gone and my dry patches that liz earle left me with are gone (not even hydrocortisone cream could get rid of them) and I put that down to these two working so well together.

So glad after all my searching and researching I've found stuff that actually works for my skin! Raging also that I've wasted so much money on things that I was told would work for me, but I guess that's the name of the game! Sorry for the long ramble, I was asked to give an update by one or two people. Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

@anna080
    Do you use just use the la roche posay serum during the day or at night too?
    I use the origins overnight mask too and I adore it! Just got a set from boots in their black Friday blowout with 3 different origins masks in it that I'm dying to try.
    Thanks for the update, liz earle cleanse and polish did me no good either but not as severe as your reaction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

^^ Thanks for the update anna080!

That's such a shame about the Kiehl's products, I was thinking about picking up a few bits from them but I doubt I'll bother now. I'm glad you've settled into a routine that suits you :)

If only Origins wasn't so expensive :o

Advertisement