Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Ninaluna wrote: »
    It's my absolute favourite! I don't know why I buy any other foundations.

I know lots of people complained when they rejigged the formula but IMO it's better than ever, I'm flying from Dublin airport this weekend and can't wait to get another bottle :)
    When did they change the formula? It breaks me out but mine is over a year old, would love if it didn't break me out

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

When did they change the formula? It breaks me out but mine is over a year old, would love if it didn't break me out

I can't remember exactly but I think it was about 8 months ago, the formula is slightly thinner but coverage is still as good as ever.

I used to find when I didn't remove it properly I'd end up with very congested skin, it needs a serious cleanser to get rid of it so I would recommend something like an oil cleanser-L'Oreal do a really good one now: http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-15-Second-Miracle-Cleansing-Oil-Face-and-Eyes-150ml_1299736/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

ClubDead wrote: »
    Your right, I just dug the box out of the bin and saw that it’s only meant to be applied to noise and forehead :o:o:pac: I completely overlooked that in my enthusiasm to have sucked clean pores. I don’t think Id apply it to my forehead again though, it’s so painful to remove. I’ve never thought pore strips for the noise worked particularly well but there is the gross satisfaction of examining the strip afterwards so will give it a few more goes on the noise. :)

Is it bad that because of your review I just learned about this product and now I really, really want it? :pac: My nose is just covered with open blocked pores but strips have never really worked!

Anyway I bought this product last weekend and I'm in love- Kiehl's Heat Protective Straightening cream:

578_l.jpg

I have fairly straight hair that looks nice freshly blow dried but over the course of the day it'll go a bit frizzy, shapeless and sometimes a bit knotty/tangled on me. This stuff makes my hair so sleek and soft and best of all IT STAYS STRAIGHT/STYLED all day. It smells lovely too! Cost €17.50 but hopefully it'll last me a while. A little goes a long way. I know my happiness probably sounds a bit exaggerated but this is THE product I've been looking for for ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got this Laura Mercier brow definer last week. In the lightest shade.

Love it! Never using an eyebrow pencil again. It's perfect when used with slanted brush. And stays put all day. Prefect shade for me too! My eyebrows are very sparse and fair naturally and it makes them look a lot fuller without looking fake. Not a whole lot is needed so I reckon the pot will last for ages!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Amqqzfajf5W-mHwSV4SaJRMdHqc2oLHYA6SPka9hhYxLK9A4

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Astala

Ninaluna wrote: »
    It's my absolute favourite! I don't know why I buy any other foundations.

I know lots of people complained when they rejigged the formula but IMO it's better than ever, I'm flying from Dublin airport this weekend and can't wait to get another bottle :)

This is my favourite foundation, as long as I'm wearing it for only a few hours as I find that my make up just 'comes together' or just blotchy. It's hard to describe but I would really like to know if you know of anyone who has had the same problem! I have very oily skin-maybe that's the issue?

I'd really love to be able to wear it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Got this Laura Mercier brow definer last week. In the lightest shade.

Must try this! Bought the L'oreal superliner brow pencil, as all the Irish blogs were raving about it, but not finding it great. Preferring my Dior pencil.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnb-KRvPLXTeaAFC2Gw7EoKXy_NF5_CXPjJ67vpAsnpItKDagdjQ

Found this Pantene 12 hour night therapy in Dealz last weekend and it was only 1.49. Used it last night and my hair is miles better conditioned today. Less dryness and frizziness. Even my OH commented on how well it looked.

IMG_0018.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

4003a9fc-a12e-43cc-96ce-a1a26a93678d.jpg

Picked this up today - in velvet matte, very impressed so far, long wearing but not drying

juke wrote: »

Picked this up today - in velvet matte, very impressed so far, long wearing but not drying

Have three of these! They are amazing. They last for ages. Dragon Girl is a beautiful red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

bscm wrote: »
    Just ordered three of these, 3 for 2 on all Maybelline in Boots :D (got the Cherry and Peach tinted ones, and the minty sheer one)

Loving these so far, especially the Cherry Me (adds a nice kinda Snow White sheer red colour to the lips and smells soooo good). The Peach Kiss one smells amazing too but I've yet to wear it with a normal face of make up so it looks a little odd on my bare mug. The Mint one isn't tinted and only has a slight scent, but I still like it.

The Hydraluron was probably the best purchase of that Boots haul. Love love love it. Within two days it's banished my mid-week dry patches. Still have some active breakouts at the moment but I'm hoping that by helping my dehydrated oily-combo skin, it'll help reduce breakouts (even by a little) as it has with other bloggers and users.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Between presents and treating myself I've acquired loads of new beauty bits in the past few weeks!

I finally bit the bullet and got Kiehl's Midnight Recovery, I'd heard so much about it but thought I didn't need anything anti-aging. I've been using it for a week and it is hands down the best thing I've ever put on my skin. I can't get over the difference and you only need the smallest amount.
    3605975053920_1ozBottle_MidnightRecoveryConcentrate.jpg?sw=288&sh=320
    My mum brought me back this from London and it's a great day cream, I wouldn't normally spend much on day moisturisers but I really like the texture and it works well with my existing SPF.

Y2TC_410x410.jpg
    The Sleek iDivine palette in Au Naturel http://www.sleekmakeup.com/eyes/shadows/i-divine is quite similar to the Urban Decay Naked palette but I've been using it way more-the pinky shades are great for daytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Astala

Sorry I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Got my real techniques delivery from iherb today!!! 8 usd for the face brush. Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

3 for 2 on Maybelline in Boots.

Got the eraser eye concealer; fit me concealer and the master smokey pencil in smoky chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Bought this a few days ago, loving it’s gentle formula and perfect for my sensitive skin. Anyone else tried any other things from Lancome, skincare wise?

prod_10052_10001_123054923099_-1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123054923099_-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Taelated wrote: »
    Bought this a few days ago, loving it’s gentle formula and perfect for my sensitive skin. Anyone else tried any other things from Lancome, skincare wise?

prod_10052_10001_123054923099_-1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123054923099_-1
    I've used this and found it great, very hydrating and it really helped with me dark circles too. You only need a little bit so it lasts ages. And when you can't get any out of the pump, take the pump/top off the bottle and you'll find it's still half full.

Mum uses this and finds it fantastic. I used it a few times when I ran out of moisturiser and found it great, it soaked in quickly and left my skin with a velvety feeling.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123054010999_-1

I bought this set recently after trying a sample of the Hydrationist cream, god that cream is amazing. I have combination skin and that cream has cleared it up something else.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Estee-Lauder-Hydration-Your-Complete-System_1307231/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Just thought I'd let people know that I ordered from LOOKFANTASTIC last week. They claimed they weren't able to process the credit card payment but my bank has confirmed that they were paid successfully. It amounts to fraud and I thought people should be aware..

Finally (after two months of waiting for it to come back into stock) ordered Illamasqua's Hollow off Debenhams :D

Eyes-creampigment-hollow-main.jpg

Anyone after it should snap it up asap, it sells out ridiculously quickly.

Now just to pick up a contour brush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Finally (after two months of waiting for it to come back into stock) ordered Illamasqua's Hollow off Debenhams :D

Eyes-creampigment-hollow-main.jpg

Anyone after it should snap it up asap, it sells out ridiculously quickly.

Now just to pick up a contour brush :)

Is that a cream?

Is that a cream?

Yep :) It's a multipurpose "cream pigment", but Pixiwoo rate it as a contour for pale skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Yep :) It's a multipurpose "cream pigment", but Pixiwoo rate it as a contour for pale skin.

Awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I'd just like to thank people for introducing me to the Real Techniques expert face brush! It is absolutely fabulous, my make up stays on almost flawlessly all day and it gets into those really hard to reach places and sore places and doesn't give a "painted on" look. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good make up brush, it's the best investment I ever made! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Iv just bought That Gal brightening face primer by benefit. Iv tried this quite a while back and as far as I recall, it really evened out my skin tone under foundation, and what was better it smelt so nice.

Also using Estee lauder Ideal Light Brush on Illuminator. makes a difference under eyes and covers any redness ect.

Using Masterpiece Max high volume and defnition mascara,,had it for ages really great makes lashes longer and not difficult to remove

Also love Maybelline the Falses Volume Express, curls and lengthens looks great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

AulBiddy wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank people for introducing me to the Real Techniques expert face brush! It is absolutely fabulous, my make up stays on almost flawlessly all day and it gets into those really hard to reach places and sore places and doesn't give a "painted on" look. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good make up brush, it's the best investment I ever made! :D

I LOVE It! Seen it on a tutorial tried the buff brush first,,,really great brushes as I never got into the whole brush trend to apply foundation, and stuck with a sponge, as it always looked stripy. But since iv found these brushes its great.!!! Highly Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

After being a Bare Minerals fan for a few years I decided to try L'oreal True match minerals foundation. I really like it and as its a lot cheaper I decided to stock up only to find Feel unique where i bought it only seems to have 3 different shades not and not my shade (creamy beige). Checked in my local pharmacy yesterday and they stock the liquid foundation but not the mineral one. anyone recommend somewhere that stocks a full range?

By the way i would recommend it for anyone who wants light coverage with little effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Had a bit of a splurge at the weekend, loads of stuff to try:
    Nuxe first expressions eye contour cream:
    14067223701.jpg
    Nuxe Baume Prodigieux lip gloss in Legendaire Rose http://www.skinstore.com/p-12476-nuxe-baume-prodigieux-nutri-protecting-lip-gloss-legendaire-rose.aspx:
    nuxe+lip+balm.jpg

Heel genius: http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory-Heel-Genius™-125ml_872191/
    image1xl.jpg
    Clear here moisturising lotion for my t-zone only as the rest of my skin is quite dry: http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory™-Clear-Here™-Moisture-Lotion-Daily-Moisture-Lotion-50ml_1102624/

clearheretube.jpg

Hand food: http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory-Hand-Food™-Hand-Cream-125ml_27890/
    handfood_nsg.jpg
    No clogs allowed mask: http://www.boots.ie/en/Soap-Glory™-No-Clogs-Allowed™-Deep-Pore-Detox-Mask-100ml_1015561/
    soap.jpg
    Ultimelt hot cloth cleanser (comes with one cloth): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soap-And-Glory-Ultimelt-Purifying/dp/B00D8BERY8
    81CtSDiMWZL._SY355_.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got myself the Smashbox Try It Kit last night in Boots :D

u48j.jpg

Sure I'll be only gorgeous! :D

Picked up a few bits in Boots from Maybelline. 3 for 2 so I thought why not.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg9YJtzidfhFMOYM--lgSp5LlQFt9Y4TBZs2IvsbP5pXztSB-BQw
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5fp0YaWj_0LEZWgqQvMsWL9cHuGoZX7-V9eJVGeU_6q2qhvzuDA

Lip+Tint.JPG

Loving the tint gloss in Timeless Plum!

Also bought Confetti magazine in Dunnes today and they had a free Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in Kiss of Life (111). It's a super bright red. Me likey!

rimmel-matte-111.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara - got this because it is currently on offer in Boots and it is amazing, AMAZING.

thumb31_9325376.jpg

The wand is a bit weird ("hourglass" shape) but this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used, cheap or expensive. It gives volume, length and is not clumpy (applied 2 coats no probs). I was/am shocked with how good it is (I'm fussy when it comes to mascaras) and I cannot recommend it enough.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Must try that!! I love my mascara :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Got this yesterday as I needed a new mascara, have to say, it is fab! It give length and volume without being clumpy or giving me 'spider' lashes.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Volum-Express-The-Mega-Plush-Mascara_1321332/

Got this in Bronze too - love it, its exactly like the Bobbi Brown cream shadows, only cheaper!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-EyeStudio-Color-Tattoo-24hr-Cream-Gel-Eyeshadow_1253778/

I got this too, I got the colour Fuschia Flash, really love it. It's so glossy and smells delicious, but isn't sticky :)

http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Colour-Sensational-Gloss_1042551/

Advertisement