Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Enda Kenny Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Auctionmcd

Dubol wrote: »
    Why should'nt I post it? It is there for all to see. What you have suggested in your mail to me is a form of censorship. The report comes under The Freedom Of Information Act. 100 TDs trying to claim taxpayers money

I think Enda like many other politicians will screw this country for whatever he can get for himself. The only reason he is postponing his 100,000 euro pension from 4 years as a teacher is because he is greedy, he still wants his pay day and wants to appear clean. Also how come he had to be called out on this instead of admitting it himself. Surely he should have disclosed it rather than have it disclosed for him. A would be taoiseach should empty his closet of skeletons and should not take an ill gotten 100,000 payout for 4 years teaching. Does he not earn enough as a member of the most corrupt employees in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Auctionmcd wrote: »
    I think Enda like many other politicians will screw this country for whatever he can get for himself. The only reason he is postponing his 100,000 euro pension from 4 years as a teacher is because he is greedy, he still wants his pay day and wants to appear clean. Also how come he had to be called out on this instead of admitting it himself. Surely he should have disclosed it rather than have it disclosed for him. A would be taoiseach should empty his closet of skeletons and should not take an ill gotten 100,000 payout for 4 years teaching. Does he not earn enough as a member of the most corrupt employees in this country.

Hang on though, it's not 100,000. It's 100,000 lump sum plus 30,000 per year thereafter. He's perfectly entitled to it under the rules as they stand - doesn't make it right, but he hasn't done anything except play the game. My problem with it is that people seem to think he's giving it up when he's not.

Hang on though, it's not 100,000. It's 100,000 lump sum plus 30,000 per year thereafter. He's perfectly entitled to it under the rules as they stand - doesn't make it right, but he hasn't done anything except play the game. My problem with it is that people seem to think he's giving it up when he's not.

The fact is that Enda wants it to appear that hes Mr.Innocent and all for the people hence he wants us to think hes giving it up. Its the same as their policies, he wants to appear as supporting low taxes but instead will introduce stealth taxes that will far exceed those proposed by the other parties and he is feeding on Public V Private sector by recommending 30000 cuts in the Public sector. What he doesnt say is who will be cut, will they be indiscriminatory cuts or surgically remove the fat cats at the top end of the wage spectrum?

Somehow I dont think so.............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Devil08 wrote: »
    I will be supporting him for some very basic reasons.

1. He will never turn up for an interview still p!ssed out of his mind from the night before
    2. He will not rob this country blind through claiming expenses, taking back handers, and any other ways he can find
    3. He is passionate and has worked very very hard to get this chance .
    4. Fianna Fail have taken nurses off the wards, Gardai off the streets, and Teachers out of schools. Simple requirements needed in any country. They have killed this country's public front line services and the public have suffered. Enda Kenny is the only prospective Taoiseach looking to increase these front line services.

The country will continue to suffer under anybody else.

Basic alright.
    Other than some of point 4 can you actually back up ANYTHING from the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

meglome wrote: »
    Was talking to my mother and she really dislikes Enda Kenny, a big Bertie fan it seems. I tried to explain that Enda Kenny was a massive step in the right direction over the man who helped destroy the country and his FF cronies. But she wasn't listening. Now I'll be the first to say that Enda is a bit of a plank, i.e. wooden. But at the end of the day he seems fairly honest, his party have a good manifesto and the personality politics have got us a bunch of crooks. So I'll be voting FG on election day along with an independent, no one else is getting a preference. Best hope we have.
    Of course she wasn't listening, why should she be? If you tried tell her Richard Bruton was a massive step up from Bertie, I could agree with you. But why would anyone believe Enda Kenny is anything but more than the same?

Between 2005 and 2008 Enda Kenny received €676,745.95 in salary and expenses. He averaged €70,000 per year on expenses alone.

He avoided giving up his Teaching job until he had accrued maximum pension rights.

He's been receiving ministerial pension since the 90's until he gave it up last year.

He had no intention of giving up the €100k pension lump sum until forced to(just like Michael Martin and the ministerial pay off).

So what are we meant to be positive about?

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »
    Of course she wasn't listening, why should she be? If you tried tell her Richard Bruton was a massive step up from Bertie, I could agree with you. But why would anyone believe Enda Kenny is anything but more than the same?

Between 2005 and 2008 Enda Kenny received €676,745.95 in salary and expenses. He averaged €70,000 per year on expenses alone.

He avoided giving up his Teaching job until he had accrued maximum pension rights.

He's been receiving ministerial pension since the 90's until he gave it up last year.

He had no intention of giving up the €100k pension lump sum until forced to(just like Michael Martin and the ministerial pay off).

That he will have full control of our purse strings and we are going to pay dearly for mistaking this wolf in sheeps clothing as being a good honest trustworthy person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Tragedy wrote: »

Would you do any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Would you do any different?
    Yes, which is why I have no interest in getting involved in Irish Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

meglome wrote: »
    But at the end of the day he seems fairly honest,

They all "seem fairly honest" until they get their hands on power, they are confidence tricksters. Remember Brian Cowen and look what he turned out to be, he was touted as honest, a daycent fellow who was a humble genius HA.

FF was the wolf that turned this country into a carcass, FG will be the vulture that picks the last bits of meat off the bones.. Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

TippFan77 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny is a decent sort I think, generally speaking, but as someone with an interest in animal welfare I won't be voting FG because of its pledge to bring back carted stag hunting...despite elsewhere in its manifesto pledging to update animal welfare legislation!

As a vegetarian I felt like crying more to hear the heartbreaking stories about young people having to emigrate than the life of a stag. On Joe Duffey yesterday plenty of people were talking about whole families leaving. One parent said it is like living in one big old folks home. That is what FF have done, and I certainly don't see any of the other parties with a vision for the future. enda has a great team behind him, I put my own flesh and blood over the life of a wild animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Advertisement