Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Enda Kenny Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

SB-08 wrote: »
    I don't have the time right now to go into a big rant about why Dame Enda Average is so incompetent, but really, it should be obvious to most people who don't have FG rose tinted glasses. The man oozes incompetence and is utterly inept on a whole rang of issues, most crucially the economy. His performance on the LLS is just one of endless interviews that exposed his appalling lack of knowledge of his own ideas - he is incapable of thinking on his feet and coming across as intelligent and capable. Even in the Dail when he is reading a speech it's like watching a child read in front of a school assembly. Cringeworthy stuff. We have gone from one incompetent moronic leader with dreadful communication skills and we are now being treated to yet another. The onyl positive thing about Enda is that he at least seems like a honest decent man who won't be corrupt and will put the country first. But what we need now is more than that - we need serious leadership, someone who gives confidence to the people and gets people on side. This carry on about a bloody debate because of his ridiculous behavior has been farcical stuff. The encyclopedia of excuses was an insult to the Irish people. It has made global news already - we don't need another laughable leader being ridiculed FFS. His actions constantly make it obvious why for the past number of years the vast majority of the public have said in polls they have no confidence in the man - and why the majority of his own front bench, the very people of whom he believes are the most talented and capable members of FG, all said they had no confidence in him either. So we will have a leader of the country yet again with the majority of the public having no confidence in and the majority of his own TD's.

And I want to make it perfectly clear I am not FF'er - I despise the bastards for what they have done to this country. I am actually most likely going to vote FG in the election -they have the most credible plan and the most competent team - the main thing putting me off is Enda. Is it too much to ask for to have a leader that doesn't come over as a bloody eejet? He's more like a character from Father Ted then a credible leader of a country.

That did seem to turn into a rant afterall.:rolleyes:

I don't give a toss if the leader of the country mumbles, farts, is drunk, forgets lines, is dull or whatever other personal snipe you have against him if he gets the bloody country moving. I have zero interest in how a leader comes across in an interview or speaking, WFT has that got to do with the day-to-day running of the country? You would swear getting this country out of recession and working again can all be achieved if Enda or whoever is leader, can smile pretty, have a lovely radio voice and remember to show a little chest on the Late Late Show.

The X-Factor political judging nonsense on some of these threads is a joke. In none of your post have you addressed his policies, his achievements and failures in his constituency and as leader of his party. You have not talked about economics, health, crime, education and the many actual factors that makes a good or bad leader.

It is all "he is a bit dull" and "he has no charisma". Wow, how deep and insightful :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 boyle betty 1957

I don't give a toss if the leader of the country mumbles, farts, is drunk, forgets lines, is dull or whatever other personal snipe you have against him if he gets the bloody country moving. I have zero interest in how a leader comes across in an interview or speaking, WFT has that got to do with the day-to-day running of the country? You would swear getting this country out of recession and working again can all be achieved if Enda or whoever is leader, can smile pretty, have a lovely radio voice and remember to show a little chest on the Late Late Show.

The X-Factor political judging nonsense on some of these threads is a joke. In none of your post have you addressed his policies, his achievements and failures in his constituency and as leader of his party. You have not talked about economics, health, crime, education and the many actual factors that makes a good or bad leader.

It is all "he is a bit dull" and "he has no charisma". Wow, how deep and insightful :rolleyes:

what about racism,http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/******-joke-reveals-ignorance-of-racism-503626.html

[MOD]Meh. Banned for the duration. It's one thing having only one thing to say, but simply repeating it like a parrot is definitely out.[/MOD]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Yeah we have seen your electioneering FF. Pretty pathetic tactics you guys use now. New member with 5 posts, most about this old article. :rolleyes:
    There was already a thread locked about this topic.

Very pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Don't think many people know this, but Fine Gael have stated in their manifesto that they intend, should they get into power, to over turn the ban on carted stag hunting. That & Removing Gaeilge as a compulsory subject, no vote from me Enda. :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought Enda was quite impressive today at the event in the Aviva. Spoke very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Well done you dragged up a non story from eleven years ago. Enda Kenny made a gaff involving th 'n' word and told reporters it could be misconstrued and asked them not to print it, so non did, because it was a joke, except Irealnds own rag the Sindo, who reported on it and called Enda Kenny a racist. A storm in a very tiny teacup. Well done Betty this is the best argument you can come up with against Enda Kenny. Well done.

A friend of mine posted a picture of Enda Kenny from 30 years ago on her facebook and said "Would you vote for this man". I was planning on uploading a picture of churchill and asking the same question. EK is maybe not Churchill, but if you vote for people on looks alone you get what you deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 boyle betty 1957

syklops wrote: »
    Well done you dragged up a non story from eleven years ago. Enda Kenny made a gaff involving th 'n' word and told reporters it could be misconstrued and asked them not to print it, so non did, because it was a joke, except Irealnds own rag the Sindo, who reported on it and called Enda Kenny a racist. A storm in a very tiny teacup. Well done Betty this is the best argument you can come up with against Enda Kenny. Well done.

A friend of mine posted a picture of Enda Kenny from 30 years ago on her facebook and said "Would you vote for this man". I was planning on uploading a picture of churchill and asking the same question. EK is maybe not Churchill, but if you vote for people on looks alone you get what you deserve.

your saying no big deal so..sorry to tell you but the world dose not want to hear racist jokes off anyone.and your ok with enda kenny leading this country.very narrow minded of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Dubol

Devil08 wrote: »
    Im interested in hearing from people as to why this man should not become the next Taoiseach of this country. I havnt heard any good reasons so far.

I will be supporting him for some very basic reasons.

2. He will not rob this country blind through claiming expenses, taking back handers, and any other ways he can find

The country will continue to suffer.

I suggest you read thestory.ie page 107
    Enda Kenny's expenses claim for Jan/Mar 2009
    520.00 euro that he was not entitled to.
    He claimed for 30 overnights in respect of attendance at Dail Eireann. His claim was investigated and he was sent a letter informing him that his claim was incorrect. He received 3,380 euro. and not the 3900 euro which he tried to claim for the period 1st. January to 8th. March 2009.
    I will not vote for any expenses fiddler no matter what party, especially when that person is about to be Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

He should have got a whip around instead.....

Dubol wrote: »
    He claimed for 30 overnights in respect of attendance at Dail Eireann. His claim was investigated and he was sent a letter informing him that his claim was incorrect. He received 3,380 euro. and not the 3900 euro which he tried to claim for the period 1st. January to 8th. March 2009.
    I will not vote for any expenses fiddler no matter what party, especially when that person is about to be Taoiseach.

This thread is getting ridiculous. One individual is calling the man a racist for saying ****** eleven years ago, and another is calling him an expenses fiddler over a 3000 euro mistake a number of years ago, and I know from personal experience, expensive mistakes happen on expenses. The phrase "expenses fiddler" was coined by british press when they found politicians charging houses and cars to expenses. And you get your panties in a knot of 3k?

EDIT, I misread that, it seems the discrepancy was 520 euro, not 3000. This makes the whole thing laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭liveline

Enda Kenny always strikes me as a local style country politician. He's dull and when he tries the statesman routine is looks rehearsed. Richard Bruton would have been far better. In fact if Bruton had got the leadership, I would reckon FG would have managed an overall majority. I would have been far more likely to give FG my No.1 if Bruton was their leader.

liveline wrote: »
    Enda Kenny always strikes me as a local style country politician. He's dull and when he tries the statesman routine is looks rehearsed. Richard Bruton would have been far better. In fact if Bruton had got the leadership, I would reckon FG would have managed an overall majority. I would have been far more likely to give FG my No.1 if Bruton was their leader.

:confused:

So if Richard Bruton were the Leader, FG would have gotten a majority in the election which is a week away???

So if Richard Bruton were the Leader, FG would have gotten a majority in the election which is a week away???

I'm saying I think it would have been more likely. Even with Kenny, I'd say FG may be as close at 7 or 8 seats to a majority. Bruton being far more popular would have helped get those few extra seats.

This thread is getting ridiculous. One individual is calling the man a racist for saying ****** eleven years ago, and another is calling him an expenses fiddler over a 3000 euro mistake a number of years ago, and I know from personal experience, expensive mistakes happen on expenses. The phrase "expenses fiddler" was coined by british press when they found politicians charging houses and cars to expenses. And you get your panties in a knot of 3k?

EDIT, I misread that, it seems the discrepancy was 520 euro, not 3000. This makes the whole thing laughable.

Can you loan me 520 euro??
    If you read thestory.ie you will see that over 100 TDs falsely claimed on their expenses from all parties. Now lets see, 100 times 520euro equals 52,000 euro. Some TDs were claiming 4000euro more than they were entitled to so the overall figure is much greater. If I did what Enda Kenny and the rest of the EXPENSES FIDDLERS in the Dail did I would be brought to justice. You want them to get away with it and do the same as the last government did. I do not find it laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭TippFan77

Enda Kenny is a decent sort I think, generally speaking, but as someone with an interest in animal welfare I won't be voting FG because of its pledge to bring back carted stag hunting...despite elsewhere in its manifesto pledging to update animal welfare legislation!

An update would be welcome, but what a strange way to start, by restoring a cruel practise that was banned last year after decades of lobbying by animal welfare people.

Carted stag hunting was a nasty "sport", as these pictures testify:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icabs/sets/72157602696550913/show/

TippFan77 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny is a decent sort I think, generally speaking, but as someone with an interest in animal welfare I won't be voting FG because of its pledge to bring back carted stag hunting...despite elsewhere in its manifesto pledging to update animal welfare legislation!

An update would be welcome, but what a strange way to start, by restoring a cruel practise that was banned last year after decades of lobbying by animal welfare people.

Carted stag hunting was a nasty "sport", as these pictures testify:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icabs/sets/72157602696550913/show/

Disturbing photos! I'm not a big fan of the Greens but it does illustrate the need to have a party like the Greens. As far as I remember Labour opposed the ban too didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The man is away in his own world, a spoofer of the highest order. Making Enda taoiseach would be like giving a 4 year old a box of matches and telling him to go play in a haybarn. What choice do we have?, this clown or that clown.. Whichever way you look at it this country is completely fupped for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 poker head

The man is away in his own world, a spoofer of the highest order. Making Enda taoiseach would be like giving a 4 year old a box of matches and telling him to go play in a haybarn. What choice do we have?, this clown or that clown.. Whichever way you look at it this country is completely fupped for the foreseeable future.

he comes across that way ture ,maybe worse.but anything is better then fianna fail or the nothingness of the green party.iv voted labour in the past.but they dirtied there bib with me before.

stags foxs badgers and hare hunting should be banned.loads of our lovly birds of pray have been poisoned to.Scotland and Norway said they will never give us them again..so sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

To soft what? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

memes_pimp_my_grammar_nazi.jpg

no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭GSF

Lets elect a hard man like............. Brian Cowen............that worked well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Brian Cowen is a hard man?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Was talking to my mother and she really dislikes Enda Kenny, a big Bertie fan it seems. I tried to explain that Enda Kenny was a massive step in the right direction over the man who helped destroy the country and his FF cronies. But she wasn't listening. Now I'll be the first to say that Enda is a bit of a plank, i.e. wooden. But at the end of the day he seems fairly honest, his party have a good manifesto and the personality politics have got us a bunch of crooks. So I'll be voting FG on election day along with an independent, no one else is getting a preference. Best hope we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Don't think many people know this, but Fine Gael have stated in their manifesto that they intend, should they get into power, to over turn the ban on carted stag hunting. That & Removing Gaeilge as a compulsory subject, no vote from me Enda. :mad:

By not killing a few stags will really bring unemployment down! I'm vegetarian but also realistic. Don't get the support for the irish language either all I see is unemployment and mass emigration and learning Irish hasn't really worked for the last 90 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭GSF

poker head wrote: »
    think you ment thick man not hard man :)

" I DONT ACCEPT THAT" :eek:

femur61 wrote: »
    By not killing a few stags will really bring unemployment down! I'm vegetarian but also realistic. Don't get the support for the irish language either all I see is unemployment and mass emigration and learning Irish hasn't really worked for the last 90 years.
    killing stags in that way is a sin.god thats after putting me bad form.
    we are irish so we should be able to speak it
    as for unemployment and emigration none of our parties have the answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

poker head wrote: »
    think you ment thick man not hard man :)

iv been to nice about enda kenny.iv deleted my post because after reading up on kenny it turns out that he not only is weak minded racist drunk who paid people to call and text in to a radio show to lie about how great he is.

Everyone knows about the stupid idiotic 'joke' he told but do you have a link for this please?

• Advertisement

Dubol wrote: »

Why should'nt I post it? It is there for all to see. What you have suggested in your mail to me is a form of censorship. The report comes under The Freedom Of Information Act. 100 TDs trying to claim taxpayers money

Advertisement