Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall girls!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it's Cinderella Shoes, then that shop only caters for size 8+.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Citygirl1 wrote: »
    Hi - I actually have the opposite problem, having very small feet! Usually size 3 or 3 and a half, but sometimes I've tried on size threes and still found them too big. So, I'm wondering about this shoe shop for girls with "special feet". Does it cater for small feet, as well as big ones? :o If so, which shop?

70% of barratts heels (the barratts brand, not concession brands) start in a size 1 and 2 and got up to size 9 instore and can be ordered in size 10s online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm 5"10 and love being being so tall I feel like a giant when I wear big heels:D, my feet are only a size 5 though so I dont have the shoe issue at least, but its very annoying finding dresses long enough :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

the_syco wrote: »
    Uh-huh. When you start banging your head off low flying objects, such as lamps, door frames, the upstairs of a double decker bus, the friggin cars... you won't like it so much :P

Very true :D
    Larianne wrote: »
    ....I do get a few fellas come up to me and point out the obvious "Jeez, you're tall!".

:D

I feel uneasy if anyone comes up to me at first time of meeting them and doesn't say that*...depending on my mood my reply will include an obvious feature of theirs..

*Well that or "you must play rugby".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dfx- wrote: »

*Well that or "you must play rugby".

My least favourite is when people come up to you and tell you about a tall friend they have and say something like 'she's really, really, really,massively tall but she's not as tall as you'. It makes you feel like a gigantic oaf!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

5'-10" so a bit taller than average. No problems finding taller dates since crossing the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

panda100 wrote: »
    Yep,no problem with it. Though I find most smaller men I've dated feel a bit insecure about me being taller than them.

Yes. On an average night out my friends would get chatted up a lot more than me. Not all, but a good few men, really couldn't handle a women being taller than them, as they relish the manly protector role too much.

It's not that exactly, at least not consciously.

It just feels a little weird.
    In an indescribable way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm 5'10 ish and getting dresses is a nightmare because I like them to be knee length!

I love being tall, everyone in my family is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

more tall women I say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Tall people rock! ;) Boys and girls alike.

Just ask us shorties (5'3"). It's biology. You naturally want to mix your DNA with the healthiest-, strongest-, fittest- looking specimen of humanity possible, and good height is deffo among those desirable characteristics.

I like to think that if only I had had the height, I could have been a model, hahahaha :D. Talk about delusional - but a bit of daydreaming is good for you, so they say...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

I'm 5'2 and I can't get any trousers short enough, I have to take everything up unless I buy from the 'petite' ranges, which is a pain because I'm a size 12 with a big bum and petite ranges tend to assume you're delicate. *sigh*

I love being small, but if I was tall I'd love that too. Short is cute, tall is elegant. That said, as a small woman I find I get patronised a lot. I am 27 years old and calling me 'ickle' is just weird! So maybe being tall would be nice for that reason :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

elbee wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and I can't get any trousers short enough, I have to take everything up unless I buy from the 'petite' ranges, which is a pain because I'm a size 12 with a big bum and petite ranges tend to assume you're delicate. *sigh*

The petite ranges in shops tend to be good length wise, also M&S are good for short trousers. The bf's daughter is five feet tall and for jeans she likes New Look, Gap and a shop with frog in the title (helpful aren't I :rolleyes:)

I'm five eight, but have a 34 inside leg in flats, so in heels need min. 35 so I don't have ankle flapping trousers.

AWear are good for jeans, as are gap, and Levis (regularly do 36 length).

For trousers Next do XL that you have to order online, but can get delivered to a store, Benetton and Mango do very long trousers (I'd to get a pair of Mango ones taken up) as do Sisley. I'll get away in M&S long (33/34 ish) in flattish shoes if I let the hem down. Skirts I tend not to have a problem with as I tend not to wear short skirts. Up in the outlet centre in Banbridge, Armani and Louella do very long unhemmed trousers, and if you go at the right time, you can get great deals. Karen Millen also do long trousers and their skirts are a decent length. Most dresses from Thomas Pink and LK Bennett that I have for work are just above knee length for me, and for long Maxi dresses Awear can be good, though the fit is a bit hit and miss for me :)

I do have long arms and hate my cuffs ending up halfway to my elbows (bit of an exaggeration) Tend to get shirts from Next, Thomas Pink, and Mango, I do find tops a bit short as well.

As for heels, I just love them, in work and going out, I always tend to wear them, though I do have the odd pair of flats out of the sixty plus pairs I own :D

Never tried wearing dresses over jeans/trousers, I've always wondered how you don't end up with a massive line, is there a trick to this? Kinda like not having a massive VPL?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not that exactly, at least not consciously.

It just feels a little weird.
    In an indescribable way.
    Really? I've more issues than readers digest back catalogue :D but a woman being taller then me wouldnt be one of them. I don't think it would even register TBH. I could tell you the bust size and general shape of any of my previous girlfriends, but their height I would have little clue, beyond smaller, same, taller.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm five eight, but have a 34 inside leg in flats, so in heels need min. 35 so I don't have ankle flapping trousers.
    Exact opposite problem here - I'm not that much shorter than you (5'6"), but I have a 30.5" inside leg and I don't wear heels. Best fitting pair of jeans I own is a pair of Gap Long and Lean jeans in a short leg, and I need to buy from the short ranges in A-Wear too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I've noticed a lot of tall girls recently could be due to many factors people from eastern Europe etc tend to be taller. I like being tall, have never had any problems and have always been grateful for my height. Height is one physical aspect you have no say in or way of changing so it's best to embrace it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

racso1975 wrote: »
    In fairness they are good looking but body shape's differ hugely from tall and ganggley to tall and voluptous

I think a good deal of it is about proportion. Someone who's not-too skinny at average height might be far too thin if they were stretched upwards. Similarly someone who is considered to be small and fat might be quite slim if they're tall.

But ultimately it depends on how much the girl embraces it. I wouldn't like someone to be tall and try to 'shrink' themselves, to make themselves look smaller or to be embarrassed about their height. It goes for anyone, really, being comfortable with who you are is a very attractive quality. :)

Advertisement