Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

dearg lady wrote: »
    or is the guy in teh picture the one living there??
    Minimum lease 3 years, is he looking for a wife? Has daft become a dating site?

His mantlepiece is packed with what look like self written valentines cards.... You ladies Jealous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Nothing particularly wrong with this house, it's a good price for a two bedroom house. But pictures 8 and 9 made me giggle. :)

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1287693

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nothing particularly wrong with this house, it's a good price for a two bedroom house. But pictures 8 and 9 made me giggle. :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1204/snowman-found.html

Wrong link?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Wrong link?

Sorted. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1287693

Ha ha is the cat included in the price?

I like the bike storage in no. 6 as well.

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Ha ha is the cat included in the price?

I like the bike storage in no. 6 as well.

I think the cat is included, and he doesn't look at all happy about it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Those stairs look seriously unsafe, wouldn't like to be going up them drunk in the dark. :D

Custardpi wrote: »
    Those stairs look seriously unsafe, wouldn't like to be going up them drunk in the dark. :D

Yeah, why can't they just put on a bannister? Seems the smart thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I reckon it's a hipster thing. Bannisters are such a mainstream design feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And block the cats view of the telly!? Never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

Custardpi wrote: »
    I reckon it's a hipster thing. Bannisters are such a mainstream design feature.

that's one great place, would love to live there, at least one post with no depressing bedsit. thanks for putting it up:D

and yes, I suppose an architect lives there, it's very uncool to have a barrister in your own house as an architect:rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

tara73 wrote: »
    that's one great place, would love to live there, at least one post with no depressing bedsit. thanks for putting it up:D

and yes, I suppose an architect lives there, it's very uncool to have a barrister in your own house as an architect:rolleyes::)

I see what you did there... :D

...fecking lawyers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

MadsL wrote: »
    I see what you did there... :D

...fecking lawyers!

hahaha, hilarious, that's me. was definatley not on purpose, the 'barrister mistake'..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I've never seen such a random collection of assorted furniture, most of it probably pulled from the dump. The bed is also collapsing, I'd say that mattress is unbelievably uncomfortable. You'd likely get a spring in your back at night....

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1274594

The furniture looks filthy too. Can someone save and attach the photos, its not working for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Katy89

I've never seen such a random collection of assorted furniture, most of it probably pulled from the dump. The bed is also collapsing, I'd say that mattress is unbelievably uncomfortable. You'd likely get a spring in your back at night....

The furniture looks filthy too. Can someone save and attach the photos, its not working for me :(

and what's lying in this basin..??? meeeh, disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

A LOT of rental furniture is picked up free on Dublin waste and other free sites also. Hence the hotch potch collection in most run down rentals. Its other peoples throw aways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

The place in Tipp is better value. look at that fire...and the pool table. want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

^^^^^ thought this was the "Funny Houses/Flats to rent" thread not the "Gorgeous Mansions that you can only dream of " thread:confused:

Give me things to laugh at god dammit not salvate over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Except that place in Marley Park is actually disgusting on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

qz wrote: »
    Except that place in Marley Park is actually disgusting on the inside.

^^^^ lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I don't even like the look of the Tipp one. The staircase looks like it's leading up to a loft. Then you get the view from the landing and it still looks like it led to a loft. That table balanced on the edge of the kitchen island looks totally out of place and a bit stupid, and the three piece suite looks homemade. I really didn't like anything about that house except for the location, but then I'm just not a fan of McMansions at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

ssaye wrote: »

Looks like the definition of a cottage has changed a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

surprised by that, the tonlegee road is a very nice place to live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

ronan45 wrote: »
    ^^^^ lol :rolleyes:

-modern black and white tiles in the hallway leading onto 1960's brown carpet on the stairs. ?.

-unpainted wooden windows and panelling looks completely out of place in the largely (painted) cream kitchen

-kitchen table and chair look cheap

-not a fan of the olive

-sitting room: doesn't know what i wants to be. Again, cheap looking coffee table. A glass top would suit the couch much better. Wall decorations aren't my bag, there's no consistency (a stained glass lamp shade beside two tribal masks?). Mustard curtains are disgusting. Position of the couch is poorly thought out and immediately renders half the room unusable.

-sitting room/dining room: the couches actually look like large inflated pieces of shít. They're almost patent. The table and chairs and side tables are supposedly meant to look like antiques, but look naff, outdated and dark compared to the otherwise light room. Also note the difference in the wood flooring between this room and the previous one. And then remember the black and white tiles and brown carpet in the hallway.

-bedroom: disgusting. Little golden touches don't make a room desirable. Again, two old-looking table lamps, with a modern triangular lamp nestled in between??? The wardrobe with the arched glass inserts. Rank. The box along the top of the curtains is kitsch, and isn't replicated anywhere else in the house.

-bathroom isn't too bad.

-second bedroom: dark wooden bedframe dominates the room, and makes it appear to be half the size that it probably is.

There is NO consistency anywhere in this house. Every room has different flooring, different curtains, different colour schemes, different fixtures. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

Just because a house attracts X price tag doesn't make it desirable. It is disgusting in my view, and I'd rather take my chances elsewhere.

Not exactly for rent but not much worse than some of those seen here..
    A Colombian man has been living inside a sewer in the city of Medellin, in Colombia, for over 20 years.

Although Miguel Restrepo is legally homeless and could be forced out of the sewer by local authorities at any minute, he describes the cramped space he shares with his wife and dog as a great place to live.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-20643956
    Iracema Sodre reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Polar101

qz wrote: »

Just because a house attracts X price tag doesn't make it desirable. It is disgusting in my view, and I'd rather take my chances elsewhere.

I could live there, if it wasn't for the X price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Unless a crying chair belongs int eh property, it has no place in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67058189&postcount=57

Here is the post where DonkeyStyle named it. worth remembering and giving credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I don't have an ad to post but when i was a poor student looking for cheap accommodation i visited an apartment where my possible bed was a mattress in the bathroom...in the ONLY bathroom.....the three flatmates all had toffee, like golden syrup stuff on their faces and were very keen for me to join them in their 'game'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Unless a crying chair belongs int eh property, it has no place in this thread.

Not true, we've had house full of blue (bad a di), house full of purple and houseful of floof in this thread too. It's called "funny houses/flats to rent", not "show us your hovels". Celtic Tiger era monuments to bad taste can be funny and it's good to break things up once in a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement