Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Panthro wrote: »
    I think this place in Renmore Galway is smoking.
    http://www.daft.ie/lettings/hollygrove-renmore-galway/1431165/
    Image #6 - Eileen has nice legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Eeden wrote: »
    The whole place looks as though it's in a corridor.

I lived in that area for a bit.......it's actually the garage (although only slightly bigger than a corridor!)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I lived in that area for a bit.......it's actually the garage (although only slightly bigger than a corridor!)

I love how the further towards the back you get, the less they've even tried to disguise the fact that it's a garage. All it's missing is the shuttered roll up door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Panthro wrote: »
    I think this place in Renmore Galway is smoking.
    http://www.daft.ie/lettings/hollygrove-renmore-galway/1431165/
    Where is the fridge? I see a washing machine, microwave and small cooker but no fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Where is the fridge? I see a washing machine, microwave and small cooker but no fridge.

Its in the wardrobe :rolleyes:

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

I used to live in a similar place in Renmore. Again a converted garage. The fridge was next to the shower which made a handy place to leave your shampoo. One of those half height fridges. Thankfully the water from the shower never met the electrics from the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

delynet wrote: »
    I used to live in a similar place in Renmore. Again a converted garage. The fridge was next to the shower which made a handy place to leave your shampoo. One of those half height fridges. Thankfully the water from the shower never met the electrics from the fridge

When you think of building regulations how is it even possible. You can't even have a lightswitch in a bathroom. Does no one inspect rented accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it does look like there is no fridge or presses, maybe it it is so cold that a fridge would not be needed

When you think of building regulations how is it even possible. You can't even have a lightswitch in a bathroom. Does no one inspect rented accommodation?

Judging by this thread alone, it would appear not. Damned shame :(

Teeney house. Toilet off the kitchen. Converted bedroom door is glass - no privacy. Obligatory bra hanging on the door
    http://www.daft.ie/3760312

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

snubbleste wrote: »
    Teeney house. Toilet off the kitchen. Converted bedroom door is glass - no privacy. Obligatory bra hanging on the door

Friend of mine briefly lived in a similar house on same street, oh the damp.... *shudder* :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Nice bra in the bedroom. I wonder if the landlord took photos without the present tenant's knowledge. Wouldn't someone put their bra away first?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Where is that door going in the bathroom ?

Have to assume it is a sliding door of some sort

G3j4Hu9.png

The tenant advertiser clearly lives there. It's tiny!
    The 'bathroom' door would have to be sliding, otherwise how would there be privacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I couldn't figure the door either. Sliding seems to be the explanation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

'Pic 8' Somebody forgot to close the door before installing the toilet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

In Dublin at the moment when you're arranging a viewing, you're given a time and that's that. Like it or lump it. Sign of the demand out there!

You're lucky if the letting agent even takes your call these days.

We just moved and the only places we got to view were places where the landlord handled the letting themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

hardCopy wrote: »
    You're lucky if the letting agent even takes your call these days.

We just moved and the only places we got to view were places where the landlord handled the letting themselves.

Yeah, a lot don't reply but I have had some luck with agents. I have a viewing today arranged through an agent.

I think possibly agents might just invite, say, the first 50 or so who reply. They'll likely find someone out of that amount, and probably don't want the place swarming with people. It's so competitive out there that they would probably find enough people in less than an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

yawhat! wrote: »

Is that couch doubling as the bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

That one is genuinely gobsmacking.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is that couch doubling as the bed?

yep at 570 a month as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

That's the most ridiculous dwelling I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

yawhat! wrote: »

yes, it's getting more and more ridiculous..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

tara73 wrote: »
    yes, it's getting more and more ridiculous..

And with a contract for a Year? That would certainly test the limits of any humans patience.....and not even room for a decent crying chair to sit in while you reflect on your bad decision 6 months on :confused:

No oven. crikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

Would be kinda romantic, you and your partner in bed, warming yer toes by the........hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

There must be a little table in the middle of the room (seems to be a vase with a flower in, sitting on something), I'd say it'd be impossible to do anything other than sleep in the place without climbing over stuff! And the fridge blocked by the bed!! Absolute horror of a place, can't imagine living there for a week never mind a minimum of a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

It really is a suicide box. I'm surprised there aren't more people going on demented rampages considering the amount of these places up for rent.
    How are you supposed to get to the fridge? I mean its there but where do you move the bed/couch to open the door. Theres hardly the floor space to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

You could stick your rashers on from bed and have the smell of bacon wafting over you as you snooze, dead handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement