Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Babyboy09

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-flatshare-houseshare-in-dublin/single-room-females-only-bills-includeded-look-look-le-577068321

The Blurb-

"Its a single room in family home 15mins from city centre months rent up front ready to move in today !! Looking for clean tidy female all buses close by to city centre. Cash is king so whoever has cash today or tomorrow takes room no males apply females only no time wasters also as its a family home so email me thanks .emails only thanks.room is avaible Monday the 24-3-2014 so from 11am too 2pm room be on show . Cash is king remembered fokes first come first serve so your not fast your last. Would suit working female who can afford monthly payments no men thanks :)"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Babyboy09 wrote: »
    http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-flatshare-houseshare-in-dublin/single-room-females-only-bills-includeded-look-look-le-577068321

The Blurb-

"Its a single room in family home 15mins from city centre months rent up front ready to move in today !! Looking for clean tidy female all buses close by to city centre. Cash is king so whoever has cash today or tomorrow takes room no males apply females only no time wasters also as its a family home so email me thanks .emails only thanks.room is avaible Monday the 24-3-2014 so from 11am too 2pm room be on show . Cash is king remembered fokes first come first serve so your not fast your last. Would suit working female who can afford monthly payments no men thanks :)"

Bills includeded!! Hmm one thing is left unclear - I wonder would they be open to having a male rent the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

dee_mc wrote: »
    Bills includeded!! Hmm one thing is left unclear - I wonder would they be open to having a male rent the room?

well cash is king, so you'd never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Can I pay by cheque?

Can I pay by cheque?

Unspecified, but I'm sure they accept all major credit cards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dee_mc wrote: »

Im also unsure how to contact her and if she accepts cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Babyboy09

LOOK LOOK!!! If you would just read the ad fokes all your questions will be answereded - repeatedly.

Babyboy09 wrote: »
    LOOK LOOK!!! If you would just read the ad fokes all your questions will be answereded - repeatedly.

Spoilsportedededed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

When I see "emails only" I smell a scam. Something dodgy anyway.
    Is it easier to filter males from females using emails:confused:

Gumtree, email only, females only, no pictures, no phone numbers...

It isn't a funny house btw, we don't even know if there is a house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

wonski wrote: »
    When I see "emails only" I smell a scam. Something dodgy anyway.
    Is it easier to filter males from females using emails:confused:

Gumtree, email only, females only, no pictures, no phone numbers...

It isn't a funny house btw, we don't even know if there is a house

Genuine question.
    What could be the scam?

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »
    Genuine question.
    What could be the scam?

Email her/him and see;)

Could be anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Surprise butt sex!

Email her/him and see;)

Could be anything really.

I can't see where there could be a scam(maybe I'm naive :o). Surely you would have to visit to view.
    Would it be that they take cash deposits and not return them and say "Sorry the room is gone" etc but then surely they couldn't be that thick?

The old adage "I know where you live"

Smidge wrote: »
    I can't see where there could be a scam(maybe I'm naive :o). Surely you would have to visit to view.
    Would it be that they take cash deposits and not return them and say "Sorry the room is gone" etc but then surely they couldn't be that thick?

The old adage "I know where you live"

It is just an odd ad - this is how not to rent a room.
    Could be genuine, who knows.
    Could be some scam, who knows.
    Could be some weirdo who likes to walk naked around the house, who knows.

No pictures/females only/emails only/poor ad - I walk away.

If I wanted to rent a room in a house occupied by my family, I would prefer a phone call as an initial contact.
    Could be that that person doesn't want to reveal their phone number online, but judging by their writing skills on the internet I don't think they know the dangers.

It is just an odd ad - this is how not to rent a room.
    Could be genuine, who knows.
    Could be some scam, who knows.
    Could be some weirdo who likes to walk naked around the house, who knows.

No pictures/females only/emails only/poor ad - I walk away.

If I wanted to rent a room in a house occupied by my family, I would prefer a phone call as an initial contact.
    Could be that that person doesn't want to reveal their phone number online, but judging by their writing skills on the internet I don't think they know the dangers.

I thought that it was an weird ad myself hence the curiosity.
    They way they kept stating cash/women only/no pics/family home etc

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The cash thing is making me wonder if they're in a massive amount of debt and trying to hide money from the bank. Or they're on the scratch and don't want the money going into their account in case it affects their social welfare payment.

Toots* wrote: »
    The cash thing is making me wonder if they're in a massive amount of debt and trying to hide money from the bank. Or they're on the scratch and don't want the money going into their account in case it affects their social welfare payment.

Cash is king is a very common expression. No need to bring social welfare / fraud etc here.

It basically means if You have no cash - go elsewhere;)

The ad itself is poor, the "cash is king" doesn't worry me as much as the rest - no pictures / phone number / description of the house etc.
    Not funny at all, could be a scam, could be a weirdo, could be anything really.

I wouldn't go to look at a house / room if the owner can't take a few pictures to advertise his property / room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If it's a family home I sincerely hope the children aren't being home-schooled in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

So, not Ireland (I think) but this one was put up on a similar thread on reddit.

http://i.imgur.com/yKfpSnn.jpg

A friend of mine once lived in a dodgy granny flat conversion. There was no corridor in the place so every room led to the next. For ease of plumbing the bathroom was before the kitchen. The layout was front door into tiny livingroom, into tiny bedroom, into tiny bathroom, into tiny kitchen. The kitchen sink drained into the shower tray - not plumbed in - a pipe poked out of the wall and all the waste water fell several inches to the shower tray below before draining away through the plug hole at the opposite side. He didn't stay there very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Look, someone is renting out a space in their drunken haze of a head. Trippy.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/134-north-circular-road-north-circular-road-dublin/1430942/

• Advertisement

Yup, the rental market in Dublin has officially gone coo coo bananas:

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/north-circular-road-just-off-hanlons-corner-north-circular-road-dublin/1408273/

Apparently a 300 Euro rise in rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/north-circular-road-just-off-hanlons-corner-north-circular-road-dublin/1408273/

Hmmmmmm .........spacious. I love how they capture the whole 'space' simply by standing on the bed.

I'll just check to see if they will accept rent allowance. Wish me luck!!!! :)

Just had a second look. I think the place is better suited to people with no more than two outfits. Where the hell are you expected to put your stuff? Is the landlord into naturism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The multiple "Ipod docking stations" are a big plus. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dont know why they have 2 chairs for the table and a sofa. If a friend was coming around you have to put one of them outside the place to fit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The bed is in the kitchen, boil an egg from the bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is there any bathroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

WikiHow wrote: »
    Is there any bathroom?

I believe that's what the window is for..

axel rose wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm .........spacious. I love how they capture the whole 'space' simply by standing on the bed.

I'll just check to see if they will accept rent allowance. Wish me luck!!!! :)

Love how they set the tables in these ads, as if some IKEA homewares are going to mask the crappiness! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I have been following this thread for a while, there, surely, has to be a law as to the amount of space that qualifies an accommodation to title itself as "Studio Apartment". That "studio appartment" is no bigger than a master bedroom.

I wonder if the recent changes not allowing people to use direct labour are as a result of the places shown here i.e. badly converted garages, and converted sheds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement