Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I had a similar response a few weeks back when I enquired about my boyfriend and I viewing a one-bed apartment that was plenty big enough for two. Strange, I would have thought there'd be more security in having two people renting a place. If one loses their job, the other has income.

They obviously didn't want to lose the whole prison cell vibe they had going for the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

as an aside, I love the tags on this thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

They obviously didn't want to lose the whole prison cell vibe they had going for the place...

No, this was a different, more spacious place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

No, this was a different, more spacious place.

Thats right, flaunt your spacious apartment in our faces why don't you?
    Some of us don't even have a chair to cry on, you know!

Thats right, flaunt your spacious apartment in our faces why don't you?
    Some of us don't even have a chair to cry on, you know!

I didn't get the apartment! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

It doesn't meet the minimum standards. Namely: no oven, no dryer, doesn't look like there's a fire blanket or smoke alarm (these could be fitted).

That bedsit annoyed me so much that I sent an email with the link off to the Enforcement Office in the PRTB asking was it a legal property to let. They replied a few minutes ago asking in my opinion what aspects I feel are illegal about the letting!

ImDave wrote: »
    TThey replied a few minutes ago asking in my opinion what aspects I feel are illegal about the letting!

Wow. :( If it's legal, talk me in off the ledge. I don't wanna live no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Its been let apparantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe the guy in the prtb like the look of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

That bedsit annoyed me so much that I sent an email with the link off to the Enforcement Office in the PRTB asking was it a legal property to let. They replied a few minutes ago asking in my opinion what aspects I feel are illegal about the letting!

Fair play to you for taking action. I can't believe that this has been let:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

yawhat! wrote: »
    Its been let apparantly!

Or removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

thanks so much for being proactive and sending them the link.
    I tried to figure out whether this place really fits to the minimum legal requirements and shockingly enough I guess it mets them.
    But I'm not so sure about the fire standards though...doesn't look like to me, anybody knows here???

and I don't think it's let, the landlords probably getting a hard time with prank calls because of this thread and have put down the ad...deserves them right!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

snubbleste wrote: »
    Teeney house. Toilet off the kitchen. Converted bedroom door is glass - no privacy. Obligatory bra hanging on the door
    http://www.daft.ie/3760312
    In all fairness the living room doesn't look too bad although it has a shocking amount of purple. At least they are honest. See description below:

A double room is now free on the ground floor of our three bedroomed house. The house is quite old and a bit shabby chic in spots but it has a lot of character! It's also bright, clean and airy. The house is quite small, and the biggest drawback is the one bathroom which is tiny and off the kitchen. But overall it is a good deal for the price.

This ad definitely gave me a chuckle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Not only will this place give you a sense of dread handing over €1,000 a month for, you'll probably need to fork out more money with a trip to the physio for your neck after looking at the pictures.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/lower-mount-street-dublin-2-dublin/1435011/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Cravez wrote: »
    Not only will this place give you a sense of dread handing over €1,000 a month for, you'll probably need to fork out more money with a trip to the physio for your neck after looking at the pictures.

Paying for location there. That place is so tiny the fridge and what looks like a kettle are under the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I live in a nicer looking & even more central to the City Center (closer to stephens green) than that advert and don't pay as much. Granted that ad is for two bedrooms but it looks very cramped and unfinished. I'd be afraid of the boogie man grabbing my ankles as I walked downstairs during the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jeez it looks like the photographer was falling down the stairs when he took those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

The place must have had M. C. Escher as the designer.

http://whenfallsthecoliseum.com/wp-content/uploads/Escher-Big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Not a house on Daft or anything but this was pretty awesome and I wanted to share it. A 96 year old Canadian woman is trying to sell her house and it's like stepping back in time to the 1950s. :)
    Oh, if I only had cash and a Green Card...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

McChubbin wrote: »
    Not a house on Daft or anything but this was pretty awesome and I wanted to share it. A 96 year old Canadian woman is trying to sell her house and it's like stepping back in time to the 1950s. :)

That IS awesome. I particularly like the basement ... complete with bar! Had a similar (if not quite so wonderfully decorated) basement when I was growing up (in the US) :)

• Advertisement

Just goes to show that what was probably an ultra modern house when first fitted out can still look OK now, everything has been kept perfectly.

Did she actually live there??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Oh man, that living room is dead on like my grandmother's was, but her's had a light blue and ivory color scheme! And the basement looks like her's did as well :pac:

Got a class apartment tonight! :D E1050 per month between me and the boyf, 3rd floor with B2 BER rating, gym included in price. So all you cowboy landlords out there can suck it!!!! :p

It's quite beautiful in a strange sort of way.

IN our throwaway change everything society, how nice to see someone love and take such good care of their belongings, with no need to change anything. I find this very admirable.

Looks like a pretty dolls house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The house is lovely but some of the decor makes me feel like I'm tripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

I love that. Kitsch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Paying for location there. That place is so tiny the fridge and what looks like a kettle are under the stairs.

This place is so small that I don't think it has a fridge.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/hollygrove-renmore-galway/1431165/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

I'm near Toronto. I should go have a look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Reminds me of Graceland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement