Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford/Westmeath Constituency debate Support

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

b4boxer wrote: »
    All hot air !!

The time for talking is over. Boxer is out where it matters listening to the people on the door steps, listening to peoples needs.

Debates have got the country into this mess !!!

Will Mullingar Army Barracks close under FG?

How much will FG cut child benefit by?

We still dont know.

zzzzzzzzz

I'd see someone about that broken record:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

b4boxer wrote: »
    All hot air !!

The time for talking is over. Boxer is out where it matters listening to the people on the door steps, listening to peoples needs.

Debates have got the country into this mess !!!

Will Mullingar Army Barracks close under FG?

How much will FG cut child benefit by?

We still dont know.

I'm beginning to think we have a troll in our midst.

"The time for talking is over" - nonsense. Your mate 'Boxer' is insulting his constituents by failing to go before them and answer their questions. He's also showing weakness by failing to meet his opponents head on.

He certainly won't be getting anything from me, and I suggest that anyone else annoyed by your incessant propaganda postings should follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭baldbear

Garfieldghost gave a good summary.

I found Mary O'Rourke a bit condescending, no big shock i suppose."Fair play Iain for you're great little debate".

Nicki McFadden seems too nice, she needs to speak up for herself and not let people shout her down.

At one stage an independant, D'Arcy i think, and Mary O'Rourke seemed to have a go about her reading from her notes. I wasn't impressed. It was obvious to everyone she was using her notes.

I thought Hogan was the best speaker and D'Arcy's anti army rant was like shooting himself in the foot. Not so long ago the people of Longford were protesting at the closure of the barracks and Athlone is a big army town with alot of families depending on a army wage.

Donald Jackson made a decent impression.

Shame on the Longford candidates for not turning up and fair play to the Westmeath ones for turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Thanks for those who came and those who watched online - Your is appreciated.

I was the moderator walking around.

I had to ensure that from the first opening i had control of the debate and that is why i cut off Donal and Mary.

From then on i let the debate develop and build with some exciting exchanges between Donal and Nicky and David and Nicky.

I thought all candidates did very well.

Shame about Longford being a no show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

donal jackson is a consultant psychiatrist according to the newstalk website, which i think would make him the only independent worth considering, as he'd have first hand knowledge of what is needed nationally in the health service.

boxer can go and shyte. he should stick to where he does politics best, in the taxi where no one wants to hear his opinions.

am i reading it right that john boland is running in 2 constituencies??!

benny cooney just doesn't want to join sinn féin or the ULA. otherwise the policies are VERY similar.

thanks for the summary garfieldsghost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

donal jackson is a consultant psychiatrist according to the newstalk website, which i think would make him the only independent worth considering, as he'd have first hand knowledge of what is needed nationally in the health service.

boxer can go and shyte. he should stick to where he does politics best, in the taxi where no one wants to hear his opinions.

am i reading it right that john boland is running in 2 constituencies??!

benny cooney just doesn't want to join sinn féin or the ULA. otherwise the policies are VERY similar.

thanks for the summary garfieldsghost!

Good to see the discussion is still on-going. Just wanted to point out that Donal Jackson is not a consultant psychiatrist, his wife is. He most definitely has ways of reforming the healthcare sector but leave that up to you to see on his website

@B4Boxer - Troll. If you've nothing constructive to add......

For me Hogan, came across well. Vote SF? Not on your life. He should go independent!

Darcy - useless.

Donal - I am biased - I'll advocate opinion.

Nicky - How she can be perceived as someone to represent us in these times is beyond me. She is pointless and for me, hasn't the first idea of how to lead us out of this. Neither does her party - but unfortunately, looks like they'll be in next. I just hope that they form government with all the independents. It would be the only way to get a working government.

Mary - FF are dead. It matters not that she reminds me of my grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Good to see the discussion is still on-going. Just wanted to point out that Donal Jackson is not a consultant psychiatrist, his wife is. He most definitely has ways of reforming the healthcare sector but leave that up to you to see on his website

thanks for that link, i was just going by newstalk's info. his health policies are atrocious!! you'd think he'd have more of an idea on the health service, but to force consultants with the HSE to see only public patients is a sure fire way to see private hospitals booming as the doctors flock to them!

there's already a shortfall of non consultant hospital doctors in this country due to petty politicking between the english and irish colleges of surgeons recognising each other's postgrad qualifications (english one getting iffy about the irish one, limits future training prospects of young doctors, so they head off to england earlier to get a qualification that they used to be able to get here, may be different now, but was the case around Christmas).
    the last thing that's needed here now is to force doctors to see private or public. let them see both, but under strict conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Boxer for.........eh taxi driver:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Boxer for.........eh taxi driver:D

The time for talking is well and truly over... not a single peep at all from him now! :D

Advertisement