Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mission Impossible

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭irish_bhoy82

Ok so I had a week of no exercise at all....but I had a very strict diet going on....god it wasnt easy felt wrecked every day... started drinking green tea in the evenings to see what the hype was all about!

any way the week away from training ended last night with a return trip to the gym

15 mins bike intervals level 10
    10 minutes run almost 6 laps 100 calories
    4 *10 fly chest press number 4
    4*10 lat pull down number 5
    3*15 stomach crunch number 3

3*10 10kg dumbbell curl
    3*6 10kg above head dumbell lift

finished off with 5min run

took it handy enough on the cardio side as I will be GAA training friday night which is nothing but running at the moment....

so on my weekly weight in I weighed in at 11 stone 6lbs that is a loss of 1.4pounds so absolutely delighted with that but by god did I earn it!!!

hey Guys, sorry not been as regular with the updates as usual ..... but I am still training...a bit down after the weekend...pulled my hamstring at the very end of training friday night....after running my legs off with sprints...
    missed game on saturday and I was getting a game too if I was fit....running out of chances to break into this team or even get a sniff

SUNDAY -GYM
    anyway I was so fed up on sunday that i went to the gym sunday evening the first time this year that I done that....I spent 40 minutes working on upper body weights...as my hamstring I was only able to hack 5 minutes running on it

TUESDAY- GYM

if you been following this thread you will know I do Soccer on Tuesday nights, decided to give it a rest tonight to rest the hammer and try and work at my own pace

again 40 minutes upper body weights
    tried out the hammer by jogging on it with out over doing it
    done 5 km in just under 25 minutes and that was it....
    again healthy eating

had a bath last night for the hammer,prob have another one tomorrow night and then decide on chancing GAA training friday night....

Coaches are prob losing their patience with me now tho as I always seem to be injured for Matches

Gym Tonight
    35 minutes weights
    and ran 5km in 23 minutes
    hamstring felt ok....think I will give it a blast tomorrow night hopefully without over doing it...
    weigh in tomorrow morning

I weighed in on the 8/4/11 at 11st 4.4
    that weekend I trained friday night and started a match with the Gaelic team on saturday, had to come off in second hale with hamstring problems....was very down after that so lost interest in this forum...

I decided to rest up for at least a week or two, and I was working away also , so alot of crap was ate due to long ours and not having the opportunity to eat correctly.

I went back into the Gym yesterday evening and decided to do nothing just run, since I had the interest back I was feeling guilty for the week before...so

GYM
    I ran 10KM IN 52mins

left it at that.....

I weighed in this morning and suprised myself I was expecting to have gained alot of weight but I actually weighed in at 11st 3.8

I may give training a go tonight it is the Easter bank hol afterall and I am definately going to have at least one night out this weekend....and then I am working the following one, which means I wont be out....but I wont be able to train either...

Since I started this training/loose weight kick this is the first downer I have had..but I hope to be over it now and hope to get back on track!

Ok the weekend started well with training Friday night, didnt last long at it but we had a Physio on hand for anyone with any niggles, so I obliged...

DIAGNOSIS:GRADE 1 HAMSTRING TEAR.. she gave me good tips tho on how to stay fit without doing any further damage. she said to give full tilt training a break for 2-3 weeks but I can take part in jogs etc or just do bike work and jogging in the gym.

Saturday: Done a full hour session of nothing but weights, all upper body work

Saturday night and Sunday day and night was PARTY TIME

Went back into the Gym tonight and just went on the threadmill, jogged 10km in 54 minutes...nice and tired after it....thats all my training for at least a week, the kitchen is stock up with healthy food so banking on the healthy eating to lose a few pounds in the next week..

will weigh in again on friday!

• Advertisement

Last Fridays weigh in 11'5.2
    gained abit since last week, but working on it this week!!

Right after a week off training, and some very disciplined nutitrion... I stepped back into the Gym last night.....

25 minutes on Threadmill 5km - done the 5k in under 25 mins
    didnt want to push it too much cause I plane to go back training tonight

Weights

4 * 6 10kg dumbell bicep curl
    3* 10 8kg above the head dumbells
    100 sit ups with 5kg weight
    2*10 14kg dumbell row
    3*10 breast fly
    3* 10 latt pull down
    2*10 12kg behind the head lift with 1 dumbell
    and warmed down with a 5 minute jog on thread mill

felt good after no problems from my hamstring, so going to test it tonight, although i think another week away from full training wouldnt be a bad idea

WEIGHED IN THIS MORNING AT 11ST 1.2 LBS

very happy with that, delighted in deed...think I am very close to my ideal weight....no more than another half stone to lose i reckon

OTHER NEWS: extended my gym membership for another 6 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DuncanDoughnut

good stuff, keep it up, you seem fairly determined!

good stuff, keep it up, you seem fairly determined!

Thanks Duncan, the more I feel I progress the more determined I seem to get which is good!! Last night at training for the first time in about 4 outings I didnt pull up with my hamstring so delighted with that....cheers again

Ok weekend over, training went with out any muscle strains so delighted...

Back to the Gym tonight...

Threadmill 5km 22 mins
    chest fly 3*10
    lat pull dpwn 3*10
    bicep dumbell curls 10kg * 8
    12kg 2* 10 behind the head dumb bell lifts

5 minutes warm down on thread mill

heading away now for the rest of the week tomorrow so prob wont be doing anything again until friday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

hey mate, first time ive read your log. Just to say, i was in a similar position at the start of the year, i was pulling up with hamstring strains at gaelic training the whole time. I started foam rolling and honestly i havent looked back. It might be something to look in to. First time I did it I was sweating buckets as had lumps all over the muscles in my legs and it was fair painful, but eased off after that thankfully. i still do it several times a week and havent so much as felt a tweak in any of the muscles at any trainings since.

connollys wrote: »
    hey mate, first time ive read your log. Just to say, i was in a similar position at the start of the year, i was pulling up with hamstring strains at gaelic training the whole time. I started foam rolling and honestly i havent looked back. It might be something to look in to. First time I did it I was sweating buckets as had lumps all over the muscles in my legs and it was fair painful, but eased off after that thankfully. i still do it several times a week and havent so much as felt a tweak in any of the muscles at any trainings since.

Cheers Connollys, I am going to sound stupid here, but what is foam rolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

sorry mate, foam rolling is like a kinda self massage.

There have been a couple of threads on here about it, so you might want to do a search, below is a link to a youtube video one of the posters here (transform) made that will explain it better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S1ZNaWGgas

connollys wrote: »
    sorry mate, foam rolling is like a kinda self massage.

There have been a couple of threads on here about it, so you might want to do a search, below is a link to a youtube video one of the posters here (transform) made that will explain it better than I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S1ZNaWGgas

Cheers Connolly

I couldnt weigh in last week cause I was working away so will be going hammer and tongs this week to try and break the 11 stone mark!!

Ok weekend over, training went with out any muscle strains again
    have a bit of the Man Flu tho so kinda forced me way through it

Back to the Gym tonight again not the may west but thinking it my sweat out of me...

Threadmill 5km 25 mins
    chest fly 3*10
    lat pull dpwn 3*10
    bicep dumbell curls 3 * 10kg * 6
    12kg 1* 10 behind the head dumb bell lifts
    100 sit ups with 5kg weight

5 minutes warm down on thread mill

5 a side hopefully tomorrow night and prob gym again on wednesday and that will be it then until Friday

Ok 2 big training sessions One Friday night which was all sprints and one saturday that involved alot of big hits...Body was sore today from it...

My fitness has come along way on Friday night in the Sprints I was up to speed..

Gym tonight...weight work and ran 5 km in just under 22 minutes not bad going !!!

CHRIISTTTT

God its been a while since I posted on here, doesnt mean I have been doing nothing tho...

I have been training with the club, past 2 weeks I was training with the clun Monday Wednesday and Friday..

Went to the Gym tonight for the first time in ages... done 15 minutes cardio on the Bike
    and ran 5k in 28 mins on threadmill....slow i know but I appear to have built a different type of fitness while I have been away from the Gym..

Made an appearance in Championship Game last weekend, so will keep at it and hopefully wont leave it as long next time!!

Well It sure has been a while but Ill keep it short and sweet

Went to Gym Last night ran 5k in 25minutes, thats all i done..

Went Tonight and ran 5k in 22 mins 50 secs, I see on here from a previous post that I ran 5k in under 22 mins so that will be my aim to get back to there...

I also done upper body weights, sit ups and leg weights.all in all 60 mins in the Gym...Hope to go again tomorrow if my legs arent too sore in the morning..:)

have been doing bits and pieces but not been steady and after been knocked out of the Championship the weekends have turned into Party nights...but going to try and have a little push for September, or whats left of it..

I will keep yee posted!!

Same again, Gym tonight
    Threadmill 5km in 22mins 22 secs -so almost knocked 30 secs off last nights time...Legs are getting tired now tho after 3 nights of fairly quick 5km runs in a row

done 30 mins upper body weights and leg weights and sit ups with a 5kg weight....

Nice small healthy dinner to follow and early to bed...

another night tomorrow night at it..

Well just finished my 4th day in a row in the Gym

Threadmill 5km 21mins 48secs

Weights - 10kg 2*8, 1*10 bicep curls dumbells
    10kg 3*8 dumbells shoulder lift
    100 situps
    3*10 hamstring curl
    3*10 hamstring lift

Will post my weigh in tomorrow to get back into my old routine, interesting to see where I am at after 2 months of a break from real exercise!

• Advertisement

Well this is my 5th night in a row in the Gym

Much the same as the previous post,

5km 21min 30secs.......getting faster all the time :)

I find tho that after my run I do be sweating like hell and when I am doing my weights exercises I am flat out wiping the sweat off me...hate it

Anyway I weighed myself this morning and after my first weigh in, in almost 2 months or so I weighed in at 11st 2lbs.....

Not bad after such a long break...The September Push moves on!!

Well Guys and Gals just dont want this to slack again so just a quick update..
    Completed 6 days in the gym in a row on Saturday done a 35 minute session, body wasnt able for any more... 15 minute run and 20 minutes of weights or so...

This week wasnt as hectic, was working away last night but got a good hour session in the hotel Gym... done a 3k run in 15 minutes then spent about an hour on weights both upper body and leg weights, some machines i never used before... and finished off with another 3k run..

To the present, went to the Gym this evening and just done a run, I was stop and starting but I ran over 11 and a half km in one hour...just decided to run myself into the ground to punish myself for not looking after what I was eating all week...

I will update you on my weigh in tomorrow morning confident enough I should break the 11.2 from last week :)
    till then...

- Just a little rewind on the 23/09/11 I weighed in at 11st 0.6lbs

Now just a little confession here I prob gone back a month cause since the 23/09/11 I have a had a heavy weekend on the beer(Ireland beating Australia didnt help) alot of crap food etc etc

Tonight was my first night back in the Gym

I ran 8km in 40 mins
    not bad eh..

I have also decided to try out this Quorn Products, Vegatarian products, Going to Experiment with the Vegatarian Lifestyle for a while...

I am making a Target of getting to 10st 7lbs by the end of this month...been hovering over the 11st mark now for 3 months or so and its time to make another push into that...

Bad News

Yesterday about 4pm got an awful sharp pain in the centre of my stomach went to the Doctor Today says its a Torn Stomach Muscle so I am on Difene for a week and no for of Exercise for a week..

Delighted it was just a Torn Muscle cause I feared worse, felt Like a Hernia, but the Doc seems certain its not..Time will Tell

I weighed in today at 11st 1.4lbs

Would have been definately lighter if I could have been able to run last night!

Keep you posted on my Recovery

Well 2 years later ... And Im back..

Bit of background not 2013 I completed 2 10km races and a Adventure Race.

But Im back now to give 2014 a good shot. I have been training for the past 6 weeks. training has involved weights and core and running. I ran last week 5 out of the 7 days just short distances 5km etc, one night I done 7km.

I ran 7.65km tonight in a slow enough pace 47 minutes. I wasnt running alone and my running partner was holding me back a bit so I gather if I was on my own I would have been alot faster.

My Goal is to be fit for an 8k in January to start off the season, but I will be having a week off at Xmas as I am going away. But I hope to have alot of the work done prior to this.

Ill keep yee posted .. weight wise I am back up to 11 stone 11 lbs.

This is a link to a new continuation of my new thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057103398

Advertisement