Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 15th pole shift

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

The geographic pole shift on march 15 2011 .
    You have probably all heard about this , but is it true !
    I have hearing about this since early january this year .
    I hear the governments are not going to tell the public about the pole shift .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

what a heap of sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The north pole is constantly moving, maybe thats what your talking about? magnetic north now, not the little stick in the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Geographic pole shift? Without any major outside influence, such a thing cannot occur in a short timeframe. If something large enough to significantly change the tilt of the planet were to strike us, we'd only have a few seconds to contemplate the ramifications of the pole shift before we all died anyway.

I wouldn't give it any further thought. A magnetic shift or reversal is an outside possibility, as it's a geologically common event, but we don't know what effect this would have. We'd likely have some time of difficulties with electronic systems and navigation, but there's no evidence to suggest that it poses any danger as our ancestors have been through multiple such reversals without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The poles are always moving slightly and they completely reverse from time to time (geological time that is). It's no biggy, but this is the first time i've heard of them ringing and booking a time. Very thoughtful of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Is there any point to asking how you know this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

King Mob wrote: »
    Is there any point to asking how you know this?

The thing is , i don't know , do you know .

espinolman wrote: »
    An angel told someone on utube , it will be caused by a comet .
    And how do you know that angel told this person anything?
    How do you know this person is telling the truth?
    How could a comet cause it without hitting the planet?
    How can a comet be this deep into the solar system without a large visible tail?

And what happens on the very very likely chance that yet another doomsday prediction fails?
    The thing is , i don't know , do you know .
    I have no reason to believe that there is a pole coming up next month.

But you said it is true.
    Saying something is true usually requires a high level of knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Op... where are you hearing all this?? what is the sources of information...

If it is right about a comet hitting us, pole shifts wont be an issue as we will all be dead...

personally I am going to call BS..... it aint happening....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My birthday shakes the world. :)

I did'nt say it was true , i am trying to find out . Why is the value of the dollar frozen at the moment and why is fema asking for bids for enough food to feed 7 million people for 6 months , and then there is them underground bases , and the denver international airport .
    My passport is expired at the moment , so what i am going to do if the pole shift is in six weeks , the whole country here could be leveled within what minutes or hours , all that water tearing over the country , where can i go that is safe ?

• Advertisement

I did'nt say it was true , i am trying to find out .
    The geographic pole shift on march 15 2011 .
    You have probably all heard about this , but is it true !
    I have hearing about this since early january this year .
    I hear the governments are not going to tell the public about the pole shift .
    Why is the value of the dollar frozen at the moment and why is fema asking for bids for enough food to feed 7 million people for 6 months , and then there is them underground bases , and the denver international airport .
    My passport is expired at the moment , so what i am going to do if the pole shift is in six weeks , the whole country here could be leveled within what minutes or hours , all that water tearing over the country , where can i go that is safe ?
    Now even if the poles were to shift in the next month (which they can't) all that would happen is that compasses would be a bit screwy, we'll get the aurora regularly here in Ireland and maybe in the long term instances of cancer might increase.
    A pole shift can't cause "water to tear over the country" or level anything.

I think you're paying too much attention to crappy disaster films.

Edit: whoops. Misread your first post. My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

If Ireland gets trashed, the last thing anyone will want to look at is your passport, don't you think? As for a safe place - how about the Pampas of Argentina? Nothing can fall on you, and you can get hundreds of miles away from the the sea in case of tsunamis. If it turns out to be a false alarm (I promise you it is) then you can enjoy the wonderful country for a bit before you come back to Ireland. British Airways fly there via Sao Paolo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well they have had to redraw a few Airport Runways recently, some in florida and some in england AFAIR, that had something to do with the Steady Change in Magnetic north.

I'm just slightly curious tho, if the Magnetic poles shift about, could there be a point, however brief, where we didnt have our Magnetic shielding against solar radiation?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

This video is relevant. First part is about dollar crash, he starts talking about the pole shift at 4:18 or so...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Why didnt you just post up the youtube link?? :confused:

antodeco wrote: »

I can't post links because my mouse is not working right , i had to pull off the top and stick a nail into it just to get the left hand button to work , the right won't work at all .
    The punisher Von Helton on utube has uploaded a video about the pole shift today , within the next few months it could happen .
    I have been doing some research into the hightest areas in Ireland , i am planning to go up into the mountains to see if there is any sheltered areas this weekend , as wind speeds can be hundreds of miles an hour if a physical pole shift occurs , so i need to find areas that are over 1000 feet about sea level but also sheltered from winds .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I can't post links because my mouse is not working right , i had to pull off the top and stick a nail into it just to get the left hand button to work , the right won't work at all .
    The punisher Von Helton on utube has uploaded a video about the pole shift today , within the next few months it could happen .
    I have been doing some research into the hightest areas in Ireland , i am planning to go up into the mountains to see if there is any sheltered areas this weekend , as wind speeds can be hundreds of miles an hour if a physical pole shift occurs , so i need to find areas that are over 1000 feet about sea level but also sheltered from winds .

80ft short, but beggers cant be choosers. I'm sure they have a cellar.
    Johnnie_Foxs_Pub.jpg

Don't worry about it, when your time is up, it's up, all the worrying in the world won't change a thing.

What exactly is a "physical pole shift"? Because a real, magnetic pole shift wouldn't effect the winds at all.
    And why over 1000 feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

antodeco wrote: »

i prefer when people embed the vids.
    you can always just click on the video to jump straight to the page on youtube.

What exactly is a "physical pole shift"? Because a real, magnetic pole shift wouldn't effect the winds at all.
    And why over 1000 feet?

actually speculation is that a rapid pole change will cause teutonic waves and massive winds

see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    actually speculation is that a rapid pole change will cause teutonic waves and massive winds

see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift
    That's actually referring to a massive shift in the axis of rotation and the geographical poles.

A geomagnetic reversal or magnetic pole shift is a totally different thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

Also there is no plausible reason why the geographical poles would just decide to flip aside form a massive impact with a planetoid or comet, then the poles would the be least of the worries.

That's actually referring to a massive shift in the axis of rotation and the geographical poles.

A geomagnetic reversal or magnetic pole shift is a totally different thing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

Also there is no plausible reason why the geographical poles would just decide to flip aside form a massive impact with a planetoid or comet, then the poles would the be least of the worries.

its dealing with a pole shift and a shift in axis... but lets face it if something hits that hard it will move the axis
    The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis is the conjecture that there have been rapid shifts in the relative positions of the modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of a planet. For the Earth, such a dynamic change could create calamities such as floods and tectonic events.[1] This type of event would occur if the physical poles had been or would be suddenly shifted with respect to the underlying surface over a geologically short time frame. This hypothesis is almost always discussed in the context of Earth, but other bodies in the Solar System may have experienced axial reorientation during their existences.

and i agree, as i said previously lest of our worries if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Magnetic north is drifting and is always drifting.Although it's has speed up to 40 miles per year ,I don't think it's anything to worry about.
    Oringinally Qutoted by Private Pilot News
    Tampa International Airport was forced to close its primary runway to adjust its signage. The reason - the magnetic north pole is currently drifting toward Russia at a rate of approximately 40 miles per year.

Pilot navigation is dependent on the earth's magnetic fields. When a significant shift occurs navigational charts and airport signage must be adjusted.

Although the earth's magnetic poles are constantly in flux, it is rare for an airport to have to close its runways to adjust signage.
    A three degree pole shift will require most airports to adjust their runway numbering. It is unclear how many other airports in the world may have to make necessary changes.

Tampa International is due to have its main runway open again on January 13th.

Privatepilotnews.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Mr Plough

OK there have been videos posted about this guy recently
    here is his latest one , which explains where he got his info for
    the march pole shift, apparently he was listening to Alex Jones live stream
    last Friday and a caller claimed to be from the white house and disclosed
    info saying that there would be a pole shift in march, Alex Jones , soon cut
    to commercial break, and never talked about the caller, and his stream edited
    the caller on his you tube update.

There was caller to the alex jones show , claimed to be a former employee of the white house , saying the white house was aware of the physical polar shift , interesting thing is , the call was edited out of the show , that part of the show is on utube , but the call in was deleted !

Thats what I said :P

Mr Plough wrote: »
    Thats what I said :P

Yeah , i posted nearly the same time as you .

Snap twins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

There was caller to the alex jones show , claimed to be a former employee of the white house , saying the white house was aware of the physical polar shift , interesting thing is , the call was edited out of the show , that part of the show is on utube , but the call in was deleted !

Lads ,lads ,Alex Jones is a shill and has ties to the(Zionistic) broadcasting elite ,that's why I don't listen to him anymore.This is probably a spoof just to keep his followers interested.He's a multi millionaire from this and he has landed so called scoops without being detected such as bohemian grove.SOMEONE LET HIM IN TO FILM AND POST IT ON THE INTERNET.Do you honestly think he would be alive or his movies would be released if he was doing this alone?If the elite wanted to hide it they wouldn't let this idiot run web servers and his hosts would be run out of business!He is doing an absolute dis-service to the truth

• Advertisement

Yes , i know about alex jones , if he was'nt a shill would the call have been deleted !

Advertisement