Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw: 21-02-2011 (the one the promo was for) *spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the odds of this being Jericho or Brock Lesner, we all know how they love to screw with us at this time of year.

I'd prefer Jericho V Taker than Taker V Sting I think Jericho could put on a fine match with Taker more so than Sting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I read that there is to be a rumoured WCW angle since Wrestlemania is in the old WCW stumping ground. Signing Nash and Booker T, Sting would give that angle way more credit than the 2001 angle
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd prefer Jericho V Taker ... Jericho could put on a fine match with Taker

you never know, these 2 could be connected......the man of 1,004 holds was in WCW! Heel faction ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I bet its just taker and all this hype is over nothing. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    I bet its just taker and all this hype is over nothing. :(

this thread is what boards like this are for:

Sting vs Taker books/sells itself no matter how good the match would be especially if its in Atlanta. There are reports of a 1 year deal and since Sting has negotiated with them before I would be inclined to believe this. He is the franchise of WCW and there were talks of this Atlanta WM being WCW themed if the WWE pay him well and give him assurances they will use him well during a 1 year run before he potentially retires then I cant see why he wouldent sign up.

wonder how long he would have to keep working at TNA at his age to make the same retirement package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gotta hand it to wwe, they certainly know what they are doing with this promo....gets the fans talking! Kudos!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If it is Taker hopefully we get something like this as a return

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't see Taker coming back like that again. Especially not in a PG era. What's he going to call himself? The American BadBum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They could have him as an undead Cowboy. Always thought with his Texas routes that such an idea had potential.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could have him as an undead Cowboy. Always thought with his Texas routes that such an idea had potential.

Ha if does return as the American Badman he should totally have this as his theme

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Barrington wrote: »
    I can't see Taker coming back like that again. Especially not in a PG era. What's he going to call himself? The American BadBum?

HA HA HA HA!

Undead Cowboy? Might be hard to make it not look hookey. Do u have a pic of what it might look like? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Barrington wrote: »

didnt he call himself big evil could go with that name

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He'd have to be a heel then, surely? Besides, he's most well known for being the Deadman. No point changing it in the last year or two of his career.

Thing about Taker though is, surely when he comes back, he has to go after Kane? I know Nexus interfered, but would he just ignore Kane when he comes back? How could he come back and fight Sting (for example) at Wrestlemania without having to fight Kane first? I mean, logically. Which means WWE will probably just ignore it.

Would they really hype takers return with videos?

I would be interested to see if next week the videos advance, like something more happens.
    Taker should always be the deadman.
    If these videos are in face hyping him then I would hope the videos will explain some form of gimmick redesign.

Like have the guy in the trench as taker sitting down (hood casting a shadow over his face) at a table across from someone unknown saying how he has acquired a soul and that he must return to the world to seek his revenge one more time. But the other persona can make it clear that all his supernatural abilities have been taken away from him.
    That he must return to earth as a mere mortal.

If they were planning on hyping taker in a normal sense we would be getting all the lightning and smoke trickery that would be associated with him.
    If they are using these video promos for him then I can't see him returning as 'deadman'. Something must be changed.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Would they really hype takers return with videos?

I would be interested to see if next week the videos advance, like something more happens.
    Taker should always be the deadman.
    If these videos are in face hyping him then I would hope the videos will explain some form of gimmick redesign.

Like have the guy in the trench as taker sitting down (hood casting a shadow over his face) at a table across from someone unknown saying how he has acquired a soul and that he must return to the world to seek his revenge one more time. But the other persona can make it clear that all his supernatural abilities have been taken away from him.
    That he must return to earth as a mere mortal.

If they were planning on hyping taker in a normal sense we would be getting all the lightning and smoke trickery that would be associated with him.
    If they are using these video promos for him then I can't see him returning as 'deadman'. Something must be changed.

His return as the American Bad Ass was hyped with videos, so it is plausible. Most of his returns have some sort of build up in the weeks before the comeback. The ABA comeback had the little girls singing the rhymes that finally ended at the PPV with the "Are you scared? He's here!" line which is one of the best ever in the WWE.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Undead Cowboy? Might be hard to make it not look hookey. Do u have a pic of what it might look like? :)

I was mainly referring to a few things that I've discussed offline (shock I have friends offline :pac:) about how biker gangs in America are the natural heirs to cowboys. I don't mean he could have become a full on John Wayne cowboy, just that he could bring in elements of the Wild West type cowboy into his character. Metallica had a few songs that suit Westerns, so bikers/rock music/cowboys are not that far apart. It is not that much of a stretch to say Undertakers ABA character and him being from Texas could allow them bring in elements of an Undead Cowboy. He even wears the long coat and hat.

It is ridiculously off-topic, but it could be done at some stage. Maybe WWE films can produce soething where he stalks the Wild West as an Undead Gunslinger :pac: As for what they look like, think of Red Dead Redemption.

Red-Dead-Redemption-Undead-Nightmare.jpg

Red-Dead-Redemption-300x168.jpg

You googled "undead cowboy", didn't u! :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You googled "undead cowboy", didn't u! :pac:

Red Dead is a fairly obvious thing to think of surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,149 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id say it is Undertaker.

Dont Think Sting is coming to wwe.http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-national/don-t-expect-sting-the-wwe

would love to see him in the WWE or even better at the house show in Dublin in april lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

His return as the American Bad Ass was hyped with videos, so it is plausible. Most of his returns have some sort of build up in the weeks before the comeback. The ABA comeback had the little girls singing the rhymes that finally ended at the PPV with the "Are you scared? He's here!" line which is one of the best ever in the WWE.

I was mainly referring to a few things that I've discussed offline (shock I have friends offline :pac:) about how biker gangs in America are the natural heirs to cowboys. I don't mean he could have become a full on John Wayne cowboy, just that he could bring in elements of the Wild West type cowboy into his character. Metallica had a few songs that suit Westerns, so bikers/rock music/cowboys are not that far apart. It is not that much of a stretch to say Undertakers ABA character and him being from Texas could allow them bring in elements of an Undead Cowboy. He even wears the long coat and hat.

It is ridiculously off-topic, but it could be done at some stage. Maybe WWE films can produce soething where he stalks the Wild West as an Undead Gunslinger :pac: As for what they look like, think of Red Dead Redemption.
    It mightn't be so ridiculous. According to Wiki, he's starring in a WWE produced film about his origins etc. It's supposed to have a Western theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I always thought there was a subtle old west element to Undertaker’s gimmick already, certainly from his first debut until the ministry era anyway.
    He was less the stereotypical top hat that most old style undertakers wore and more “gunslinger from the Dark tower”.

I definitely remember thinking more about the characters “origins”, when he joined Luger’s All Americans team for Survivor Series ’93. Bobby Heenan made the comment “How can he be American, he’s not even alive”, and I always thought the implication was that he was meant to be from era/place in Death valley that was like Tombstone (The town, not the finisher :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Im assuming Kane would be in this movie too?

I always thought that Undertaker and Kane were brothers. And Undertaker caused the fire that killed their parents, and scarred Kane. But then I don't know where Paul Bearer comes into it.

Edit: Reading that last sentence, its still real to me dammit.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »

I always thought that Undertaker and Kane were brothers. And Undertaker caused the fire that killed their parents, and scarred Kane. But then I don't know where Paul Bearer comes into it.

Thats exactly what happened.
    And if ANYONE tries telling me different, its a load of bullsh!t. :cool:

D.Q wrote: »

Edit: Reading that last sentence, its still real to me dammit.

Paul Bearer was nailing Taker's Ma and Kane is the result!

Paul Bearer was nailing Taker's Ma and Kane is the result!

I wonder what Abyss and his da have to say about that! :pac:

I bloody love the black & purple zombie-Taker so I reckon i'd mark out to a Western-style taker. Sure with the hat and coat he's practically there already.

Ya Red Undead was my first thought too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I wonder if, this returning/debuting person will have anything to do with the Elimantion Chmaber PPV? The 21st is the night after EC, so maybe Taker/Sting or whoever it is gets involved in one of the matches by screwing someone out of a title or whatever, leading to a feud for Wrestlemania!

Just a thought, probably nothing, but remember Wade Barret's promo for Survivor Series? He was sitting in what looked like an old run down house with a light swinging in front of him. Maybe this is Taker going into the house to get revenge or something????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would say its still Sting.

Or a long shot, a new look for Triple H

I wonder if, this returning/debuting person will have anything to do with the Elimantion Chmaber PPV? The 21st is the night after EC, so maybe Taker/Sting or whoever it is gets involved in one of the matches by screwing someone out of a title or whatever, leading to a feud for Wrestlemania!

Just a thought, probably nothing, but remember Wade Barret's promo for Survivor Series? He was sitting in what looked like an old run down house with a light swinging in front of him. Maybe this is Taker going into the house to get revenge or something????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doubt it. The promo video on the PPV will probably take the last step before revealing who it is the next night. They will want want people to tune into Raw to see who it is about.

Taker and Jericho have had plenty of promos like this bringing them back. I think it is a great way to introduce somebody or debut somebody.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The more ye talk about it and the more I think about it, It most likely is Undertaker. The Fiery writing is a bit of a clue I suppose. Boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuuVPAs0xc
    Bit of a let down

ULTIMATE SPOILER

• Registered Users Posts: 38,149 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

feck it anyway thought it was sting. Hopefully Sting might still go to wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ha ha, gotta love WWE Creative........they have great potential using these vignettes to build up hype about this mysterious person, only to have it revealed in a promo for RAW....whats the point now

Advertisement