Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw: 21-02-2011 (the one the promo was for) *spoilers*

Options
  • 01-02-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Last night on Raw they shot a vignette with a dark individual in the heavy rain wearing a trench coat,walking slowly into what looked to be a western shack.

My topic is who is it?....some say Undertaker's return,the debut of Sting,"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and a few more individuals,so who knows let me know what your thoughts are on this or if you have any additional proof as to who it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Would love to see Daniels in WWE but I think it's a bit left-field for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't know, they usually flesh these vignettes out over a couple of weeks.

It doesn't feel right for it to be Taker but hasn't Sting turned WWE down on a few occasions? Why would he sign now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Doubtful, given that he is strongly linked to be heading back to TNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Its probably Taker coming back to work an MMA style despite being dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Should this be a spoiler thread?

Edit: Whilst I'd love it to be Fallen Angel, I would guess that this level of anticipation can only lead to Taker or Sting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Degag wrote: »
    Don't know, they usually flesh these vignettes out over a couple of weeks.

It doesn't feel right for it to be Taker but hasn't Sting turned WWE down on a few occasions? Why would he sign now?

He turned down contracts in 2001/2002/2003 as he didn't feel WCW talent were being treated right on screen.

Times have changed. I'd love him to sign a legends contract (like a certain ex-wcw star just has)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Either Taker returning to beat up the New Nexus on Raw in revenge for burying him or else Sting. I really hope it's the latter as I'd love to see the Stinger in WWE. He's probably the last big WCW guy they have never had feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i'd say it is taker

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

could be the return of big daddy cool,or booker t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Taker in Death Valley. Geddit?

I would definitely mark for Sting in WWE, though most of the dream matches are gone by now.

• Advertisement

littleman wrote: »
    could be the return of big daddy cool,or booker t
    Unlikely since they've returned already and it doesn't fit their character does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

So it's Taker. Oh well, how bad.

I'm choosing to believe it when I see it. ;)

If it is Taker, then he is coming back on an episode of Raw. Why would he be back on Raw? If it were not Sting, the obvious choice of Mania feud for Taker would be with The Corre members who buried him, But Barrett is on Smackdown now. So why come back on Raw? Or would the potential feud with Nexus turn to one with Punk? What would that mean for Orton/Punk? It is unlikely to be a feud with The New Nexus for that reason.

I'm asking these questions as I think they are pretty decent arguments for why it is not Taker. Of course, it still could be him and he could just call out Barrett or whoever they will have him feud against. But it be a just a little odd to come back in such a way given the above. That for me makes it likelier to be a new appearance by somebody such as Sting. He can appear on Raw and sdo/say whatever which facilitates a Taker return. That is assuming Sting would feud with Taker at all. Maybe they would have Sting as behind the Nexus/burial of Taker and link it with his love of WCW/desire to end the WWE.

Or it could be HHH...just saying.

If it is Taker, then he is coming back on an episode of Raw. Why would he be back on Raw? If it were not Sting, the obvious choice of Mania feud for Taker would be with The Corre members who buried him, But Barrett is on Smackdown now. So why come back on Raw? Or would the potential feud with Nexus turn to one with Punk? What would that mean for Orton/Punk? It is unlikely to be a feud with The New Nexus for that reason.

I'm asking these questions as I think they are pretty decent arguments for why it is not Taker. Of course, it still could be him. But it be a just a little odd to come back in such a way given the above. That for me makes it likelier to be a new appearance by somebody such as Sting. He can appear on Raw and so/say whatever which facilitates a Taker return. That is assuming Sting would feud with Taker at all. Maybe they would have Sting as behind the Nexus/burial of Taker and link it with his love of WCW/desire to end the WWE.

I was thinking the exact same thing but then weren't a few of the New Nexus members involved in the burial of Taker? I'm pretty sure Otunga was there. I can't recall if Husky and McGillicutty were. Maybe the plan if it's Taker is that he comes back, beats the sh*t out of those guys and then declares he will do the same thing to Barrett's guys on Smackdown. Then Barrett will be desperately trying to avoid him and this will set up the Mania match.

I could tolerate it being Taker if he actually changes his character to the American Badass gimmick. If he comes back as his old self it will bore me to tears.

Sting returning would be brilliant though so I hope it's him although I've no idea what they'd do with him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might be Sting after all
    TNA sources have indicated that Sting did not sign a new contract for 2011, and many in the company have discussed that he may be heading to WWE.

This morning, the New York Daily news reported that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE. That is NOT confirmed though.

Story developing.... more shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm asking these questions as I think they are pretty decent arguments for why it is not Taker. Of course, it still could be him and he could just call out Barrett or whoever they will have him feud against. But it be a just a little odd to come back in such a way given the above. That for me makes it likelier to be a new appearance by somebody such as Sting. He can appear on Raw and sdo/say whatever which facilitates a Taker return. That is assuming Sting would feud with Taker at all. Maybe they would have Sting as behind the Nexus/burial of Taker and link it with his love of WCW/desire to end the WWE.

Taker is coming to Raw for Eve as she stole McTool's title :p

If it is Sting and he is going into a feud with Taker then shouldnt he show up on SD as this is the show Taker is on unless Sting is revealed as the mastermind behind Nexus from the start

Who else is returning to Raw only HHH and Evan Bourne and the promo seem pretty dark not suited to either of them or is Big Dave still returning or is happy enough having his clone *coughs* Mason on the show :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If it is Sting why do we assume he is going to face Taker.

Sting could fight Santino for all I care, Just finally getting him to WWE would be enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If it is Sting it would be better for him to turn up on Raw since its live and will get more viewers but if he turned up on SD most people would read the spoilers and would be less of a return

• Advertisement

The lights will go dim and then the legend will appear...

sting-picture-1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If it is Sting it would be better for him to turn up on Raw since its live and will get more viewers but if he turned up on SD most people would read the spoilers and would be less of a return

When you put it like that any debut/return would be wasted on Smackdown.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If it is Sting why do we assume he is going to face Taker.

Sting could fight Santino for all I care, Just finally getting him to WWE would be enough.

I was going to say that as everybody is assuming he will face Taker. Sting/Taker could be saved for next year were he to sign a one-year deal. It is another option, although that is taking a chance on both still being able to wrestle in a years time.

If Sting did sign, i'd say there would be less than a 50% chance that he'd fued with Taker at Mania. Just because Taker has a ready made fued to walk into as it is and because the WWE has a history of fúcking these things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The lights will go dim and then the legend will appear...

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/men/sting/pictures/sting-picture-1.jpg

Dammit MNG, Now every time i read Sting i think of him!

Imagine if wwe pull in a few extra viewers the monday following the 21st because they heard about the return of sting.. the bass playing police member.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

168475_1567409707312_1297512157_31254648_1389470_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

What is the odds of this being Jericho or Brock Lesner, we all know how they love to screw with us at this time of year.

Since the video has been vanish'd:

http://www.savemartcenter.com/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=26&extmode=view&extid=431

Course, if Taker Vs Sting was in mind for WrestleMania the smart thing would be to pull a Kansas City Shuffle and have everyone look toward Taker's return while bringing in Sting at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What is the odds of this being Jericho or Brock Lesner, we all know how they love to screw with us at this time of year.

More of a chance of it being Myself than Lesnar.Vince begged Dana White to use him but no dice.He's filming TUF during the Build up & Mania anyway.Jericho maybe he's said the deal is 90% agreed for his return,but i'd expect Jericho to take on Orton if he wrestles at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I read that there is to be a rumoured WCW angle since Wrestlemania is in the old WCW stumping ground. Signing Nash and Booker T, Sting would give that angle way more credit than the 2001 angle

Advertisement