Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

YESS! I finally beat Gwyn. I just cast Iron Flesh and laid into him Two-Handed with the Black Knight Halberd +3, that was after he destroyed me about 5 times in a row.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I managed to parry him a few times. He can be riposted but it's a risky strategy. There's a few rocks you can use to exploit the AI.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

the cheat tactic you can do is carry bout 6 flask , and just start wacking him and downing drinks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I am after venturing a bit too far into darkroot gardens and the guys I am coming up against, some sort of ghosts, are too fast for me, what to do what to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The crystal dudes by the lake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gandalph wrote: »
    I am after venturing a bit too far into darkroot gardens and the guys I am coming up against, some sort of ghosts, are too fast for me, what to do what to do?!
    The crystal dudes by the lake?

I assume you mean the PVP.

That territory you are entering belongs to one of the covenants - if you enter it various characters will be summoned to kill you (real characters).

You can either:

1) Run thorugh
    2) Run through an talk to the cat in the windo ledge at the end about joining the clan
    3) I think you can avoid being invaded if you are in soul form (maybe not in this instance?)

EDIT: Actually even if you are offline there are still three of them (and yes one is barely visable - they are CPU characters).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Forgot about that place, is that beyond the door that costs 20K souls to open?

In soul form you can't be invaded there, learned the hard way when trying to rush through to get some summons for the Sif fight.

Forgot about that place, is that beyond the door that costs 20K souls to open?

In soul form you can't be invaded there, learned the hard way when trying to rush through to get some summons for the Sif fight.

Not but even if you are in Soul form and not a memeber of the covenant there are CPU characters that will attack you IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

noodler wrote: »
    Not but even if you are in Soul form and not a memeber of the covenant there are CPU characters that will attack you IIRC.

You can farm these to amass quite a few points in quite a short period.
    Do a loop around the area getting 4 NPCs chasing you then head back to the entrance but instead of going up the stairs - go round the side of them by the edge of the cliff. The NPCs will runn up the stairs and jump to their doom trying to get to you. Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Started playing this this morning. The Taurus Demon killed me twice so I turned it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The game is coming to the pc according to metro.co.UK games section. It will have 2 extra bosses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

danthefan wrote: »
    Started playing this this morning. The Taurus Demon killed me twice so I turned it off.

You need to jump of the roof and hit him on the way down. It will do a lot of damage.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

You need to jump of the roof and hit him on the way down. It will do a lot of damage.

Yeah got him there.

Also got the Drake Sword. I was still using the same weapon as when I started to that point and it seems to do about 8 times the damage :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dark Souls for PC confirmed(with new content):
    #GGD Dark Souls - (btw i hope no1 here kills me for this!) New Content: Lion-face w/ horns and WINGS and BTW the enemy is HUGE!

https://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

With a date too, August 24th it seems.

I wonder what the backlash against the use of GFWL will be or will people realise it's probably needed and just suck it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Pc version getting new **** , dam you bandai now i have to buy the pc version aswell :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I see on other forums and websites moaning has already begun over the reports that its using GFWL. Now I'm no fan of GFWL and I rather not have to use it but if its a game I will like its not going put me off buying it.

Is it new area as well?

I'm not sure this would actually be worth selling to console gamers, I mean I love the game but I am not paying 10e+ for two new bosses and some makeshift area!

And all that makes me think they won't bother porting it cos they don't think it will sell!

I hope we get the extra content as DLC. I'm on NG+ and somehow, I'm enjoying it even more.

By the way, what's wrong with GFWL? Seems to get a lot of hate round here.

H. H. Asquith

By the way, what's wrong with GFWL? Seems to get a lot of hate round here.
    In theory it's fine. In practice it's clunky, poorly integrated with Windows and has proven to be a hindrance to many in some games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

gizmo wrote: »
    In theory it's fine. In practice it's clunky, poorly integrated with Windows and has proven to be a hindrance to many in some games.

Yeah, it's pretty bad at times. Plus, it in no ways deters pirates. Why oh why couldn't it use Steam :(

Still though, i'll make do to play this gem of a game again. Delighted to see it getting ported over, and i really hope it does well. To see myself dying over and over again in Blightown without it crawling to a stand still. Oh the joy :P

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty bad at times. Plus, it in no ways deters pirates. Why oh why couldn't it use Steam :(

Still though, i'll make do to play this gem of a game again. Delighted to see it getting ported over, and i really hope it does well. To see myself dying over and over again in Blightown without it crawling to a stand still. Oh the joy :P
    Because they had already added support for two online systems in XBL and PSN, adding a third just to placate Steam users would have been deemed a waste of money what with GFWL available.

gizmo wrote: »
    Because they had already added support for two online systems in XBL and PSN, adding a third just to placate Steam users would have been deemed a waste of money what with GFWL available.

Yeah, but i like Steam :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, but i like Steam :pac:
    Stop being so reasonable. That needs far more !!!11eleventy and threats to pirate it since you're unhappy with their decision. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Generally I have found GFWL to be at times unresponsive, and the auto patching process something doesn't work either or I'm left unsure if a patch has been installed or merely downloaded and that I'd required to manually install it. I prefer to not have to deal with it, but its far from a deal breaker for me.

I reckon the reason its used commonly in ports of console games, is thats effectively the same system used on the Xbox 360 and so development costs are kept low. I can live with that, if it means we get some good games on the PC that otherwise might have been ruled out on cost grounds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Glad i held off getting the console version, i woulndt have had time to play it, now ill make time for the PC version :)

So it's a poor man's Steam then, which isn't saying much considering that Steam is free.

H. H. Asquith

Thousands sign anti-GFWL Dark Souls PC petition
    "Please reconsider the use of GFWL, or offer the game on both services. Thank you for taking the effort to port this game, but for a lot of customers it's Steam or no sale."

**** those guys. Seriously.

Holy ****...11k signatures? :O

As much as i'd prefer Steam, GFWL certainly shouldn't stop anyone from getting this gem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Can they still advertise and sell it on steam ? Like how they do with AoE ?

Be a shame if it flopped on PC.. which it probably will unless its on steam imo.

Advertisement