Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

O&S on your 1st attempt? What sorcery is this!

No, not at all. I had one failed try and retired to bed. Need to be fresh for a fight like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sweetie wrote: »
    No, not at all. I had one failed try and retired to bed. Need to be fresh for a fight like that!

Are you on PS3? Think I've a Cleric at level 40 or so, stuck on O&S if you wanted a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

O&S on your 1st attempt? What sorcery is this!

Bet them within three tries on my first playthrough, with Ornstein left last!!!

Never saw the big deal with it.

On the other hand, I died about 30 times fighting the firesage demon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Can someone call round to mine and show me how to play this shagging thing?

Can someone call round to mine and show me how to play this shagging thing?

Pro Tip. Git gud you scrub.

Ah no, what's the issue with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I thought the firesage was a b@stard as well!

Are you on PS3? Think I've a Cleric at level 40 or so, stuck on O&S if you wanted a hand

Xbox, thanks, I'll try a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Xbox, thanks, I'll try a bit more
    If you have some humanity to spare you could try summoning Brolaire. His sign is just outside the fog gate.

I can't hold out any longer. I'm starting a save later.

This game is like heroin.

Might use a fist wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

O & S made me their bitch on my first playthrough whereas I destroyed the Firesage Demon in one go. I think everyone has bosses they are better at. I always had problems with faster bosses (Ornstein, Artorias etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Pro Tip. Git gud you scrub.

Ah no, what's the issue with it?

Just cant get started

although tbf I reckon this is the type of game you need to put some serious hours into

Just cant get started

although tbf I reckon this is the type of game you need to put some serious hours into

Nah, you're as good as you're going to get after 30-40 hours IMO. Takes about 10-15 to get good at the game, after that you're refining skills.

Where are you? What's killing you? What console are you on?

Just cant get started

It's a bit of an adjustment compared to the likes of asassins creed etc. It's not so much that it's difficult, more so that you need to be methodical rather than just mashing buttons until one of you drops. Develop a rhythm to locking on, blocking, strafing and attacking. Also, there's definitely a set order to tackling the different areas. I took a bit of time to grind out the undead burg and parish to make the next sections easier. I can't recommend highly enough that you stick with it though. Whilst a cruel mistress, it's also the most rewarding game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just cant get started

Patience is very much a necessity with DS. Take your time with the enemies, every enemy in the game no matter how weak can kill you reasonably easily. You have to learn their attack patterns and know when you attack when there is an opening.

I started this game again. I never finished it before out of frustration and ignorance. I can't believe how quickly I flew through the undead burg where I literally spent hours and dozens of attempts at beating the Taurus Demon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I started this game again. I never finished it before out of frustration and ignorance. I can't believe how quickly I flew through the undead burg where I literally spent hours and dozens of attempts at beating the Taurus Demon.

That's the beauty of it. It took me days first time to cross the bridge after the bonfire in the burg. Now i don't even slow down to cross.

derfderf wrote: »
    That's the beauty of it. It took me days first time to cross the bridge after the bonfire in the burg. Now i don't even slow down to cross.

Not sure I could call that "the beauty" of this game. It was so infuriating. I was stuck in a loop of attempting to get my souls back after dying. I had no concept of how to beat the Taurus Demon. I really, really hated this game. I am not looking forward to blight town and some of the bosses which are simply impossible on your own imo.

More recently, I just jumped off the tower onto his head three times. Easy peasy.

So got some help last night and smashed Smough and Ornstein. Moving onto the catacombs I think now but wondering about a divine weapon. Should I change the occult club to divine or upgrade something else?

So got some help last night and smashed Smough and Ornstein. Moving onto the catacombs I think now but wondering about a divine weapon. Should I change the occult club to divine or upgrade something else?

I used a divine zweihander, it was a weapon i wasnt really using a lot so I wasnt going to miss it a lot. you wont really need a divine weapon anywhere else so dont get rid of your favourite weapon.

the catacombs is pretty easy, tomb of the giants is a different story.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I used a divine zweihander, it was a weapon i wasnt really using a lot so I wasnt going to miss it a lot. you wont really need a divine weapon anywhere else so dont get rid of your favourite weapon.

the catacombs is pretty easy, tomb of the giants is a different story.....

I've been stuck at tomb of the giants for over 12 months :o

Should really re-roll and try again. Think I'm a lot better at Bloodsouls games now after playing Bloodborne.

• Advertisement

There's an Occult Club in Anor Londo you can downgrade to Divine +5.

None of the bosses are even close to being impossible to Solo, most are fairly easy to dispatch once you figure out how to beat them.

At Level 1 the only boss I couldn't solo was Queelag, due to her fire resistances

There's an Occult Club in Anor Londo you can downgrade to Divine +5.

None of the bosses are even close to being impossible to Solo, most are fairly easy to dispatch once you figure out how to beat them.

At Level 1 the only boss I couldn't solo was Queelag, due to her fire resistances

From my last play through: The two gargoyles (as soon as the second one arrives), those three spinning tall skinny knights.

Nobody will convince me they are nothing but impossible on your own. Getting attacked from two sides from very fast enemies = impossible

From my last play through: The two gargoyles (as soon as the second one arrives), those three spinning tall skinny knights.

Nobody will convince me they are nothing but impossible on your own. Getting attacked from two sides from very fast enemies = impossible

I only summoned for queelag as well, and even then it was the NPC character.

i would have summoned for Lord gwyn, but there was never anyone joining. :(

The three Spinny knights are in Dark Souls 2 anyways :p I've never bothered soloing them early, as I do the Lost Sinner last

That Butcher is a hero Stone Deaf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Silver knight spear deals divine damage without any smithing if you have it.

The three Spinny knights are in Dark Souls 2 anyways :p I've never bothered soloing them early, as I do the Lost Sinner last

yup, no way queelag was going down without mildred, she wailed away like a good thing whilst I took cheap shots and ultimately, the glory.

Whoops :o

Everywhere online you have people moaning about the Capra Demon. I just beat him again on my first try :confused:

So I freed Logan from Duke's archives last night and then as I was talking to him the pisaca's started attacking so I tried to kill a few and must have hit Logan and now he's dead :( I take it he's only useful for sorcerors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

So I freed Logan from Duke's archives last night and then as I was talking to him the pisaca's started attacking so I tried to kill a few and must have hit Logan and now he's dead :( I take it he's only useful for sorcerors?

Yep sells some of the higher sorceries. Not much else to his story after you free him from that cell.

Advertisement